2022-2023 Western Michigan (Stryker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You probably have a email in your communications section from ~8/7 saying you're complete and they'll let you know when you're under review - I and it seems a few others haven't actually gotten this email in our inbox though
You are correct! Thanks for the details

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
under consideration for phone interview email this afternoon, received experience review email yesterday am. submitted secondary 07/30, but not sure when my online assessment was marked complete, sorry my dudes. OOS applicant.

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted the online assessment on 8/5 and still have yet to hear anything back -- sounds like this is normal??
Submitted 07/24 and nothing still, doesn’t seem like they’re going through them in the order the secondaries were received.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a notification that my application is under review for phone interview and I completed the online assessment 8/5

Is phone call for IS students only?
I’m oos no ties and been under consideration for phone interview since 8/4. On the portal it says they will send phone II starting 8/18

Submitted secondaries 7/18
Submitted Online Assessment 7/19
Confirmed Completed 7/26
Experience Review Email 8/9
Submitted 07/24 and nothing still, doesn’t seem like they’re going through them in the order the secondaries were received.
yeah it really seems like WMed doesnt give af about chronological order lmao

Just submitted my application, how does this work? They send you an online assessment to complete and only then is your app finished. Also do they send the assessment to everyone or only select people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just submitted my application, how does this work? They send you an online assessment to complete and only then is your app finished. Also do they send the assessment to everyone or only select people.
Yes an online assessment is part of the secondary. Without it your app isn't complete. And I believe they send assessment to everyone.

Does everyone get considered for a phone interview after the experience review is complete?
Not sure if this answers your question but per MSAR only 800 applicants are invited for phone interviews. "The Phone Interview is focused on your personal attributes and lasts about 30 minutes. Approximately 800 candidates are invited and interviewers are blind to all application materials."

And then they interview 450 applicants from the 800 phone interviews.

Weird there don’t seem to have been any phone interview invites yet. They said they would start sending them out today on the portal.

Weird there don’t seem to have been any phone interview invites yet. They said they would start sending them out today on the portal.
Shoot you're right, I wonder if people have received them already and just aren't on SDN.

received an invite for a phone interview today. submitted secondary 8/4, complete 8/8, under review for phone interview 8/9. IS

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
received an invite for a phone interview today. submitted secondary 8/4, complete 8/8, under review for phone interview 8/9. IS
Congratulations! Not to doxx you too much, but were you from any of their preferred institutions?

received phone interview 08/22. under review for phone interview 08/03. 514 MCAT (123 cars) 3.8x. URM OOS

• Love
"under consideration for phone interview" on 8/4 --> invited for phone interview 8/22

OOS/ORM/Non-traditional/LM: ~70

Edit: words

• Love
Should I be concerned that I got the application complete email 8/4 but still haven't been notified that they started my experience review?

Seeing livvelu12 complete after me and being under review the next day got me stressed lol

Phone interview this morning (8/23), under consideration for phone interview (8/11)

Received phone interview invite a few minutes ago. Under consideration for the phone interview on 8/3. OOS 513 MCAT, 3.8x GPA, 3rd time applicant.

anyone have any data on: % moving forward from Experience Review-> phone ii?
Wasn't able to find that information but approximately 800 applicants out of ~4,300 total receive phone interviews and approximately 450 of those 800 will advance onto the virtual interview

phone II today! MCAT 51x and 3.9x GPA. OOS, under consideration 8/12

Last edited:
  • Love
ive seen u in so many of the same threads of schools im applying to and was so happy to see this 😊
Thank you, that does mean a lot. We appear to be extremely similar applicants, so I hope our successes reflect one another's!

• Care
under consideration for phone interview email this afternoon, received experience review email yesterday am. submitted secondary 07/30, but not sure when my online assessment was marked complete, sorry my dudes. OOS applicant.
II for phone interview received at about 9 am 08/23

Secondary submitted 8/14 | Assessment Marked Complete 8/18 | Experience review 8/23 @ 0910 am | Under consideration for Phone Interview 8/23 @ 1639 pm

Phone II received yesterday (08/23). Secondary submitted 7/12, done reviewing and was under consideration for phone II since 7/24.

just completed my phone interview and i have no idea how i did lmao. interviewer was very friendly, even cracked a few jokes. per the advice from previous threads, i would say that there isn't a whole lot you could do to prepare. most of the questions were relatively conversational aside from 1 random question that seemed totally misplaced. good luck everyone, may the odds be every in our favor 🤘

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Phone II received 8/23. Complete on 8/11 OOS

Does anyone know when we receive interview information after the phone interview? I did the phone interview and now just waiting.

Did you guys write a thank you note after your phone interview?