2022-2023 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did my Interview today and do not feel that great.. kinda bummed out

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know when information about the scholarships for Maine Track is released? And how many are awarded / how they are awarded?

Does anyone know when information about the scholarships for Maine Track is released? And how many are awarded / how they are awarded?
I don’t know when the information is released, but I believe everyone is automatically considered for the scholarship (no separate application). Up to twenty scholarships are awarded, and since the class is 40 students, it seems like half of the class receives them. They are NOT need-based and are awarded on “criteria established by a Maine-based scholarship committee”. I’ve heard them referred to as “merit-based” so I don’t know what those criteria are, but it’s safe to assume it’s based on information that’s already included in your application file.

Reactions: 1 users
I don’t know when the information is released, but I believe everyone is automatically considered for the scholarship (no separate application). Up to twenty scholarships are awarded, and since the class is 40 students, it seems like half of the class receives them. They are NOT need-based and are awarded on “criteria established by a Maine-based scholarship committee”. I’ve heard them referred to as “merit-based” so I don’t know what those criteria are, but it’s safe to assume it’s based on information that’s already included in your application file.
Thank you!!

How is there interview guys ? Any tips for preparing

Curious are you ORM or URM? I have similar everything and haven’t heard back :(
I am URM. I can only say to stay hopeful, as I was feeling the same way the past 3 months when it was quiet. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
hi! just to confirm - besides the candidate reply, there's nothing else we have to do until next year?

Should I wait till my interview to update them next month or should I do it now through a letter

Members don't see this ad :)
Should I wait till my interview to update them next month or should I do it now through a letter
I don't think it will hurt to save it for the interview! They'll find out regardless, but since you already have the II there isn't much more an update letter would do for you between now and your interview.

I'd save that update for after the interview so you can send a letter of intent with your updates in it . N = 1 but that's what I did 🫣

Does anyone know how post II deferrals fare at Tufts historically? Do deferred people get accepted in meaningful numbers?

Does anyone know how post II deferrals fare at Tufts historically? Do deferred people get accepted in meaningful numbers?
Might be good to check previous years' threads :/

No II yet for this school yet. Not sure if I have any hope....

Reactions: 11 users
Was there an email sent out and I missed it? or how is it that you guys know about this accepted student day?
i got an email about it on nov 23! it talked about what it was and gave three options for dates to attend

Alright got it thanks! I got the acceptance call a little bit after that date.

Is the accepted students day in person? I was accepted 11/30 but haven't received any information about it

the event friday is just an optional visit session. they’ll be doing them January-March as people get in I assume, its lunch with current students and a tour. the official accepted students day event will be in april they said!

Is the accepted students day in person? I was accepted 11/30 but haven't received any information about it
i got the information through email about a week after i responded to the candidate reply and yes it is in person!

Got the call at 11am! Interviewed 12/5. No better way to start off the holidays! Good luck to those still waiting!!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Got the A just now! I missed the call as I was at work haha. Im so shocked. Good luck to everyone still in the process.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Congrats to all acceptances! I am interviewing early next month, could anyone tell me the stress level of the interviews?

• Love
Congrats to all acceptances! I am interviewing early next month, could anyone tell me the stress level of the interviews?
I'm gonna be completely honest; both of my interviewers were pretty tough, and I thought I bombed them (which is why I'm stunned). I would say only 10-20% of the questions I was asked were about myself/my experiences. However!!! I do think my interview experience is just one of VERY many, and it seemed like everyone else in my interview cohort came back from their interviews feeling great (so I really do think that the majority of interviews are more casual/personal). This is cheesy but the most important thing is that I tried to be myself and keep a level-head. Do the same, and you'll be great!!

• Wow