2022-2023 Tufts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got the call for the Maine track this morning! On cloud 9

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Has anyone received an email yet? I blacked out during the call and need the visual confirmation lol

I have not . Have you gotten an email confirmation? I start to think my call yesterday was a dream or something .

Members don't see this ad :)
So if we interviewed early/mid september and havent heard back, what does that mean?

Reactions: 1 user
So if we interviewed early/mid september and havent heard back, what does that mean?
Im in the same boat, but im assuming deferral/post-II R emails will be sent within the next two days :(

Im in the same boat, but im assuming deferral/post-II R emails will be sent within the next two days :(
I wouldn’t worry just yet. They explicitly said they go though a lot of people and that we could hear back at any time during the week. Keep ur head up! :)

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Just got the call! Boston track. interviewed 9/19! Last name towards the end of the alphabets :) Don't lose hope people!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Got the call at 9:30 for Boston! Also towards the end of the alphabet with my last name

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
For those who have been accepted, I emailed admission yesterday because I have not received a confirmation email of acceptance after the call. They told me acceptance emails wont be sent out until 10/26/22 !

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the A 20 minutes ago!!!! Interviewed on 9/21

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have been accepted, I emailed admission yesterday because I have not received a confirmation email of acceptance after the call. They told me acceptance emails wont be sent out until 10/26/22 !
^ the dean who called said it would be at least a few days before the emails come

^ the dean who called said it would be at least a few days before the emails come

Oh good to know!!! He called me when I was in a middle of a conference so my A call was super short haha he didnt tell me about this part

Deferred just now through email.

• Care
Got the acceptance at 4 pm today! No call just the email!! So excited!

• Love
Voicemail received yesterday, email received today! Interviewed 9/30, Maine Track.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
anyone have insights on when the next committee meeting is / when the next wave of As (specifically for Maine track) will go out?

Anyone who’s already interviewed this cycle where there any questions that caught you off guard or you found a bit challenging to answer?

II Boston track in Nov

A bit random but anyone know how much Impact a letter of intent actually has on getting an A? Trying to weigh sending one here vs waiting to weigh all the options I might have later in the cycle…

A bit random but anyone know how much Impact a letter of intent actually has on getting an A? Trying to weigh sending one here vs waiting to weigh all the options I might have later in the cycle…
I know you’re only supposed to send a letter of intent if you’re 100% sure you would matriculate to that school. It definitely helps you stand out if you’re on a waitlist because they know for sure you’d come

I know you’re only supposed to send a letter of intent if you’re 100% sure you would matriculate to that school. It definitely helps you stand out if you’re on a waitlist because they know for sure you’d come
Yeah I am hesitant to send one so early because it is binding. I guess my situation is as of now this is probably my top choice of where I’ve interviewed, but I’m trying to weigh that with the chances of getting another II from a better school later (complete early August for reference). Any advice is really appreciated (and thanks for your response chillydoc)!

Any early IS submitters hear nothing yet?

Also does Tufts send pre-II Rs?

For letters of intent, only post interviews, and send pre-waitlist, only if you are overqualified and want to ensure they know you will pick them. Otherwise will have little influence on the outcome.

For letters of intent, only post interviews, and send pre-waitlist, only if you are overqualified and want to ensure they know you will pick them. Otherwise will have little influence on the outcome.
This is really helpful, thank you!

I completed tufts application pretty late (late august/ early september). Through this thread I’m guessing they didn’t even look at my app yet. But does anyone have an idea of when I’d hear back?

I completed tufts application pretty late (late august/ early september). Through this thread I’m guessing they didn’t even look at my app yet. But does anyone have an idea of when I’d hear back?

Really hard to tell as most schools don’t sort strictly by completion date. Generally you’ll hear back within a month or more give or take depending on various factors. If you’re a high priority applicant (super high stat urm or something like that) maybe you’ll hear earlier. Best of luck!

Just got the email asking for more info about the IA. Really hoping it's a good sign.

• Care
Did anyone go to the financial aid Q&A today? Was wondering how generous this school is with scholarships since there is no way I can afford here lol

Did anyone go to the financial aid Q&A today? Was wondering how generous this school is with scholarships since there is no way I can afford here lol
I didn't attend their Q&A, but in their financial presentation, they mentioned about 50% of students receive need-based scholarships that range from 1/4 to full tuition. I'm not sure if they offer merit scholarships

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
LM 77 and nothing as well :(

LM 77, submitted 7/6, and silence :,)