2022-2023 Texas Tech Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received! 512, 3.95, IS, No research, URM, No ties, super cute, and funny. Completed on 5/24.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 14 users
You got it today? What time?
8/10/22 at 8:44:05 AM. I was at Target getting Monster Ultra Paradise and a Halo Top ice cream (Cookie Dough; the flavor is off and I highly suggest getting the caramel dark chocolate instead) so that I can eat it in my car before my hospital shift starts at 10:30 AM. I am wearing blue scrubs and teal Nike shoes.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Members don't see this ad :)
8/10/22 at 8:44:05 AM. I was at Target getting Monster Ultra Paradise and a Halo Top ice cream (Cookie Dough; the flavor is off and I highly suggest getting the caramel dark chocolate instead) so that I can eat it in my car before my hospital shift starts at 10:30 AM. I am wearing blue scrubs and teal Nike shoes.
Target store brand ice cream is goated

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Must be the Halo Top or else that email would have disappeared.

• Haha
Alright it’s God himself giving me a sign. Today is now my cheat day and I’m getting Cookies & Cream Halo Top. May the ice cream bless my cycle

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys! For the secondary area of interest portion, is it okay if I don't have experience in an area? For example I don't have experience in rural health but I'd like to work with rural communities in the future. Thoughts?

Hi guys! For the secondary area of interest portion, is it okay if I don't have experience in an area? For example I don't have experience in rural health but I'd like to work with rural communities in the future. Thoughts?
No one has any experience in medicine unless they are switching from being a nurse or something to become a doctor. You truly can have any interest you want to have as long as you can express the reasoning behind it if they are asking for justification. If not, you can be open to being interested in all.

Yes, that is fine. I am from a rural area and used that as one of the reasons I am interested in working in rural health. I am a current student here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you get an email that your CASPER scores were received?

Did you get an email that your CASPER scores were received?
I did not, but I assume it was received cause other schools told me that they received it. However, you don't need it to qualify for an interview.

Did anyone get a confirmation email when they reserved their interview spot? I am a reapplicant and got a confirmation email last time but did not get one this time and was wondering if anyone else had. Secondary submitted on 7/14/22, IS, 510, II invitation on 8/16/22

Last edited:
Did anyone get a confirmation email when they reserved their interview spot? I am a reapplicant and got a confirmation email last time but did not get one this time and was wondering if anyone else had. Secondary submitted on 7/14/22, IS, 510, II invitation on 8/16/22
I didn't either, but its confirmed on the portal.

8/23 OOS II
Submitted secondary 7/28

Last edited:
Starting to feel like I am out of the running here...submitted 6/15 LM 71 high MCAT below avg GPA rural med experiences. Hoping for the best but as each new batch of II's chance gets slimmer.

Reactions: 2 users
Same and I even went here for undergrad, but whatever I guess
Starting to feel like I am out of the running here...submitted 6/15 LM 71 high MCAT below avg GPA rural med experiences. Hoping for the best but as each new batch of II's chance gets slimmer.

I got an II last year (I was ED) and I haven't heard anything from them so far this cycle. 3.7/511 ORM with significantly improved essays and ec.

Please stay relaxed. It's still VERY early in the cycle and interviews will be sent out for several more months.

Please stay relaxed. It's still VERY early in the cycle and interviews will be sent out for several more months.
Last time I applied I didn’t get an II until November and I still made it pretty far and on the waitlist so I wouldn’t worry yet!

Last time I applied I didn’t get an II until November and I still made it pretty far and on the waitlist so I wouldn’t worry yet!
Did they keep you updated on your position on the waitlist?

The waitlist isn’t ranked at this school so you never get an official position on the list, I didn’t hear anything until my eventual rejection which came like 3 weeks after classes had started

The waitlist isn’t ranked at this school so you never get an official position on the list, I didn’t hear anything until my eventual rejection which came like 3 weeks after classes had started
When I applied/interviewed last year (ED) they pushed me to regular decision on 8/24 and I didn't hear a thing from them until a week after match when they told me I didn't even make the waitlist. The wait gets brutal haha. Admissions staff is friendly over the phone though

Out of curiosity, is interviewing today early enough to be considered for a pre-match? Or did I have to be in the first batch?

Out of curiosity, is interviewing today early enough to be considered for a pre-match? Or did I have to be in the first batch?
No. Interviewing early doesn’t guarantee a pre match. You can prematch regardless of interview date before Oct 15th. You don’t have to be in the first wave to prematch. Ain’t that right @texasvandy

No. Interviewing early doesn’t guarantee a pre match. You can prematch regardless of interview date before Oct 15th. You don’t have to be in the first wave to prematch. Ain’t that right @texasvandy
As MCAT hickey (their preferred name btw) said pre-matches are from October 15- January 31. You can pre-match anytime within that period.

Depends on the school process and I cant say I know everyone. If you interview at McG, they profess to hold everyone until match, presumably to ensure they are not admitting people who will end up at higher ranked schools in Texas. UTSW admits early and often so you have a good shot during every round of interview. Baylor does not start admitting until mid to late November and even after joining TMDSAS they didnt change their process. Most other schools will admit people starting in mid October and keep admitting until February.

The early dates have one advantage. Let us assume someone didnt get a prematch on October 15th but the school keeps admitting every month or so after that, the people who didnt make it in will have the opportunity to be considered during all those rounds of admissions. This is simply based on probability theory and nothing more - the more rounds of admissions one is part of, the higher the probability that you get picked.

• Wow
Most people that are receiving interviews this early are going to be early decision. I interviewed in mid-September of last year and received my acceptance on October 15th.

Did anyone have problems submitting payment for this school? I've tried at least 10 times to submit payment, and every time it just punts me back to the secondary application stating I need to proceed to payment. About to tear my hair out haha.

Did anyone have problems submitting payment for this school? I've tried at least 10 times to submit payment, and every time it just punts me back to the secondary application stating I need to proceed to payment. About to tear my hair out haha.
Are you on safari? for several schools i had to use chrome

II! I am OOS. Secondary was received on 5/25. So excited!!!!!

• Love
Commenting to receive thread updates. This is one of my top choices. Good luck everyone!
Welcome to SDN, @BlitizinPhysician !
To follow threads you like on SDN, go to the top of the thread and click "watch"
You will see a number on the bell icon in the bar next to your name for each new post in your watched threads.

II received today! IS, LM 75, complete 07/13.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
II received just now! IS, LM 69! Complete very early June. I thought I'd been looked over I'm so freaking happy right now!

Reactions: 5 users