2021-2022 Texas Tech, Lubbock

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Prematch! Compete late July, interview early Sept. Most importantly, Leo ♌️

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Prematched! Completed Mid-July Interviewed Mid-September Zodiac Sign: Leo

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
I see that the confidence of Leo’s are appearing to be favorable to the committee

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Acceptance to the MD/MBA program! Excited about Lubbock!

LM 77, Interviewed 10/1, Libra :cool:

• Love
Prematch!!! I'm sobbing!!! I was complete early June and interviewed earlier this month!

• Love
If we don't get a pre-match today (I'm sure, they're done for the day), then we have to wait till March for the match right?

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone that prematched, I hope there is more to come this afternoon. Interviewed last week. It went really well. So far nothing today. I will keep checking my email about every 2 seconds. March is a long time away, we all have to stay positive. Lots of opportunities for prematch until then.

If you only interviewed last week, there's a very reasonable chance that the admissions committee has not evaluated your interview results yet. I don't think that they meet every single week so there may be another week or two before you should even expect to hear back. Definitely do not get described by the fact that you have not heard back by today!
I agree, a very true possibility. Thank you for the reply and encouragement.

Congratulations to everyone who prematched. I remember being sad that I didn't prematch on day 1, but instead was surprised it came a few days later. Typically TX schools offer prematches in a 1:1 ratio for seats. Tech has a high attrition rate so by the time entire cycle is done they will have offered acceptances generally in a 2:1 ratio. @EMTech The school is true pass fail for now for the first 18 months(?) without internal ranking. I think that the admin was hesitant at first because they thought students would not try, but students have been working hard regardless. You will get ranked based on third year grades and step scores.

Edit: For next year its a working conversation. Some people want true pass fail to stay, others don't. It depends on who you talk to. I don't think you will know until you get closer to the end of the cycle

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I guess I'm mistaken because I thought the curriculum was redone to be "phases" for an 18 month curriculum. The website I suppose shows otherwise? Might be a good idea to just ask someone at the school to clarify if that's a dealbreaker for you.

Tech gives you plenty of dedicated time for Step1 so regardless you will be fine. You get Uworld, sketchy, pathoma which realistically is all you need to pass step.

Members don't see this ad :)
Prematch today! MD/MPH

Complete mid-June
Interviewed 10/8
Taurus lol

Best of luck to everyone and congratulations to those who prematched anywhere!

• Love
View attachment 344647

It doesn't say on the website if it's 24 month or 18 month. It seems that in Phase 2 you have 3 months off for Step 1 prep.
It seems clear it is in between. They are finishing classes at 19.5, having 10 weeks for step 1 [which is kind of useless now that it is pass fail] and then starting clerkships in month 23.

• Haha
Ok so to confirm, to hold our spot we need to accept the pre-match offer, pay the deposit, and do the background check?

Anyone know if there's an admitted students facebook group?

edit: based on last year's thread, it seems like the preceding class' student govt. will make a facebook group after match day--here’s a groupme in the meantime!

Last edited:
I dont see a break down for step 2. That score will determine the residency going forward.

school name + rank + step 2 score are what determine where you go.

I think the reason why there's no breakdown for step 2 is because you're doing rotations. There is no dedicated step 2 prep time.

Are there med. schools that are now offering step 2 dedicated vs step 1 dedicated?
Yes most private schools provide step 2 prep time but allocated over different timeframes for different groups. Schools with 3 semesters of classes dont always have prep time for everyone at once for step 1 either. UTSW for example has people taking step 1 after 6 weeks of prep in 3 different batches until mid may [first batch in february, second end of march and third mid may]. If everyone gets 10 weeks it is a luxury..

I was an unfortunate minority that took step 1 right at 12 months and got no break between second and third year. Ideally you can take step at the 8 week mark and then use the last 4 weeks for vacationing. They say no "summer" between MS2 and MS3 but that is not true

Just out of curiosity, did anyone receive anything more or less than $6,000 when they were accepted on Friday?
I prematched and didn’t see anything about a scholarship for me.

i prematched with a lm > 76 and didn't get any scholarships or anything!

Any info about interview dates/differences from applicants who applied to the MD & E program? I know TAMU is having the students that applied to that program interview in person in Houston I think? Wondering if tech is doing something similar.

Did anyone who pre-matched/got accepted on Friday end up getting "accepted" to the wrong program? I applied dual-degree to MD/MBA, but my offer letter says that I got a spot in the "MD & E dual degree program". I double-checked and both the secondary portal and TMDSAS only have me applying MD/MBA (and not engineering). I could have sworn my offer letter originally said MD/MBA, so I assume this is just an error. Also, @fluffybagel , perhaps this means they began accepted MD&E applicants?
Not for this school but another one of my prematches had the graduation year listed wrong on my offer letter lol. I'm sure it was a typo but I would still reach out to admissions just in case. Walking into my first year as a M2 yall lol.

Did anyone who pre-matched/got accepted on Friday end up getting "accepted" to the wrong program? I applied dual-degree to MD/MBA, but my offer letter says that I got a spot in the "MD & E dual degree program". I double-checked and both the secondary portal and TMDSAS only have me applying MD/MBA (and not engineering). I could have sworn my offer letter originally said MD/MBA, so I assume this is just an error. Also, @fluffybagel , perhaps this means they began accepted MD&E applicants?
I just double checked and my offer letter changed to the MD & E program as well! So weird because my offer letter was also originally correct and said MD/MBA -- not sure what happened on the school's side. I'll probably wait until the end of this week and then call the admissions office if it hasn't fixed itself by then.

edit: my 'response form' tab still shows the correct MD/MBA info

What are yall's stats (GPA and MCAT) if you dont mind be asking for those who have either recieved an interview or have already pre-matched?

Most people that have already prematched have a 3.9+ and 515+. Earlier in this thread, I posted info on past years' data for who gets accepted in October. It's usually very close to perfect GPA and extremely competitive MCATs.
N=1 but all my friends have prematched TTU the past 2 years with 3.7-4.0 510 or 511s. I strongly believe the reporting bias on SDN/Reddit skews what we think pre match looks like

Most people that have already prematched have a 3.9+ and 515+. Earlier in this thread, I posted info on past years' data for who gets accepted in October. It's usually very close to perfect GPA and extremely competitive MCATs.
I have a LM >80 and I did not prematch here but prematched at three other TX schools last Friday, so I think its super dependent on other factors, I wouldn't give up hope!

Did anyone get an invite to the preview day? A friend did, but I didn't. I'm confused as to why.
I received the email as well, which was a surprise since no one mentioned preview days during my interview

Preview day is a great way to make friendships early and see the school! If you cannot make it, no worries. You spend alot of time in Anatomy lab with your tankmates so you will have plenty of time to make those early connections.

Howdy, y'all! - IS (although I did my undergrad in Oklahoma) business management major
Published ~ running a start-up w the relevant patents!
505 MCAT (intense family issues covered in the personal statement)
3.9 GPA
3.8 sGPA
Top quartile CASPer Score
Tons of research, volunteering at healthcare and non-healthcare orgs. (100's hrs), shadowing (75 hrs)
Texas Tech did an amazing job of selling me on the school. I'm incredibly interested in their MD/MBA program and submitted an app for that.
I was invited to interview on 10/14/21 and interviewed on 10/22/21. I was curious about TTUHSC's response time? When can I expect a message informing me of an A, R, or WL?
Thanks everyone and best of luck!!

Last edited:
I applied to all the TX MD schools as well as 6 OOS MD schools, I have the best quartile CASPer score, a 4.0 and 510. I also have 50 hours of shadowing, and hundreds of hours of volunteering and research.
It is surprising that you have not received an interview as an URM with those stats. I think you should probably review your app with some people in the medical school. Texas A&M has typically provided such input in the past after the cycle.

Does anyone know what percentage are admitted after an interview at this campus?

2 interviews that are open file but blinded to GPA/MCAT. They will ask you an ethics question, but they aren't too hard. One interview is student and one is with faculty. Both are 20 minutes and pretty chill/laid back.
I don't think they are blinded to GPA/MCAT as two of my interviewers mentioned my increase in MCAT score. Also I didn't have a student interviewer as all 3 of mine were faculty.

I don't think they are blinded to GPA/MCAT as two of my interviewers mentioned my increase in MCAT score. Also I didn't have a student interviewer as all 3 of mine were faculty.
Were you applying to a different program other than MD? MD only interviews only had 2 interviews that had a MD and student interviewer.

Were you applying to a different program other than MD? MD only interviews only had 2 interviews that had a MD and student interviewer.
Yes I applied to FMAT which had an FMAT faculty interviewer but my MD interviewers were an infectious diseases doc and the EM residency director

II received this morning! Complete end of June

Yes I applied to FMAT which had an FMAT faculty interviewer but my MD interviewers were an infectious diseases doc and the EM residency director
Were your interviews still the same format as mentioned above, 20 mins?

I interviewed (10/1) but haven't received a pre-match acceptance. Is there a possibility I could receive it later in the cycle? Is there a possibility I get in on match day?

I interviewed (10/1) but haven't received a pre-match acceptance. Is there a possibility I could receive it later in the cycle? Is there a possibility I get in on match day?
yes and yes

Not to be that person but, how long did it take for ttu to show up in your rank list? I've had 2 tmdsas interviews so far, both a couple of weeks ago, and I don't see anything for rankings. Not sure if I just don't know where to look or if they just haven't put anything in tmdsas yet...

Not to be that person but, how long did it take for ttu to show up in your rank list? I've had 2 tmdsas interviews so far, both a couple of weeks ago, and I don't see anything for rankings. Not sure if I just don't know where to look or if they just haven't put anything in tmdsas yet...
Some are just really slow to update the portal. Your rank listing isn’t due until early next year, so you have time. A couple of the schools I interviewed at updated same day, some didn’t update for weeks.

You need to call the Admissions Offices and let them know.
After you inform them, you should see the schools appear on the rank preference list in a day or two.

Hey y'all. I interviewed here yesterday but I can't find my interviewers' emails so I can send a thank you note. I have their names written down but I can't find their emails anywhere. Any suggestions?