2022-2023 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
According to US News, their most recent info is that OSU interviewed 654 people and accepted 423 people, giving a post-II rate of 64.68%. This seems to be for OOS + IS, so I'd assume the IS rate is a little higher than 64.68%, and OOS is lower.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Just got a II this morning! I really lost all hope but I’m really excited! Anyone that interviewed have any advice ? I’m bad at MMIs

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a II this morning! I really lost all hope but I’m really excited! Anyone that interviewed have any advice ? I’m bad at MMIs
OSU has a traditional interview. In the morning, you have a few info sessions with your interview group, and then in the afternoon, it's just two one-on-one 45 minute interviews with faculty and/or students.

Reactions: 1 users
OSU has a traditional interview. In the morning, you have a few info sessions with your interview group, and then in the afternoon, it's just two one-on-one 45 minute interviews with faculty and/or students.
Are the one-on-one interviews structured or more conversational?

Hello congrats on your success!, out of curiosity for OSU in particular, is there time for us to ask questions in the morning Interview sessions? Approximately, How many applicants were in the interview group/cohort for that morning session?

For those who interviewed and applied for PCT did they let you know if you were interviewing for the 4 year md or the 3 year PCT before the interview?

For those who interviewed and applied for PCT did they let you know if you were interviewing for the 4 year md or the 3 year PCT before the interview?
this is what i'm trying to figure out too!

Yes they did! It said specifically on the portal that the interview was for PCT

Where on the portal? on the home page? I feel like i'm blind haha
On Vitals, when you receive an interview, it says PCT in the text at the top of the front page and has a 2 day interview schedule below it, day 1 with the regular MD program and day 2 with the PCT only. So if you only did a 1 day interview, then it was for regular MD! Hope that helps :)

ETA: just saw you got an II in Feb. Unfortunately PCT decisions came out early Feb, so presumably the interview is for MD only. Sucks they didn’t communicate that better!

Congrats on getting accepted to PCT, bean-sprout and anyone else! I got a WL decision earlier this month and since there’s only like four people accepted, I don’t know what the chances are of getting off it. But, bc I’m OOS and I’d have to take extra prereqs if I somehow did get accepted, I’d really like to know as soon as possible. Can anyone who got accepted to PCT reply or PM me and let me know if you are certain or not sure yet if you’ll be attending OSU? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
On Vitals, when you receive an interview, it says PCT in the text at the top of the front page and has a 2 day interview schedule below it, day 1 with the regular MD program and day 2 with the PCT only. So if you only did a 1 day interview, then it was for regular MD! Hope that helps :)

ETA: just saw you got an II in Feb. Unfortunately PCT decisions came out early Feb, so presumably the interview is for MD only. Sucks they didn’t communicate that better!
okay cool! yeah I checked my portal and emailed them and it looks like it was for the regular interview. I think they should have just clarified with me that the PCT decisions were over since I did fill out essays for that. thanks so much for your help!!!

• Care
When did they schedule you for, if you don’t mind me asking?

Would anybody who's interviewed with OSU before this current cycle be willing to offer help in a mock interview?

Does OSU post anything like an admissions tracker? To see how many interviews/spots are left?

Just got an A this morning! IS interviewed on 1/25 and deferred on 2/15. LizzyM Score 77.

Reactions: 5 users
II this morning!! Definitely thought I was done here

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats!!! Did you get an email about status change before you checked vitals by any chance?
I actually found out about it yesterday afternoon! My A appeared on AMCAS before Vitals was updated. Received a phone call this morning as well.

II this morning!! IS, LM 80, complete mid-July.

Reactions: 3 users
What dates are they scheduling for? Still living on a prayer for some OSU love
Mine was also 3/22. An earlier comment said they emailed admissions and they were told invites are sent until 3/31, so don’t lose hope! ❤️

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know if this school is rolling admissions? I have an interview coming up and was curious if I’m interviewing for a waitlist spot ?

Anyone know if this school is rolling admissions? I have an interview coming up and was curious if I’m interviewing for a waitlist spot ?
i just interviewed recently ,and they said that they are not interviewing for waitlist spots! so you have a chance to get in :) and yes they do rolling admissions i believe

Reactions: 5 users
did they tell anyone interviewing this week when you'll hear back?
Yeah, they did. OSU looks like they're pretty fast about it, sending decisions in about a couple of weeks more or less. I don't know if they send out the same decision release date to everybody or if they spread out the decision releases though.

Yeah, they did. OSU looks like they're pretty fast about it, sending decisions in about a couple of weeks more or less. I don't know if they send out the same decision release date to everybody or if they spread out the decision releases though.
what was the date they told you if you don't mind sharing? Thanks!