2022-2023 Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone else not get any decision on the day the email said?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed on the 23rd of Jan. Got deferred on the 1st of Feb. Then received a new envelope with a sticker that says check ur decision on the 15th of Feb.

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on the 23rd of Jan. Got deferred on the 1st of Feb. Then received a new envelope with a sticker that says check ur decision on the 15th of Feb.
Exactly what happened to me! Same exact dates too, I was so confused when I got the second envelope 😂

Members don't see this ad :)

Exactly what happened to me! Same exact dates too, I was so confused when I got the second envelope 😂
I wonder if they’ll do this every two weeks🤣💀

Is there still a chance of getting an A here if given an interview? I got an OOS II (LM 71) this week and wondered if there is still a chance since it's late in the cycle and other, most likely, better applicants have already been sought after.
Of course! They wouldn’t have offered an II if they didn’t see potential in you :)

Reactions: 1 user
Is there still a chance of getting an A here if given an interview? I got an OOS II (LM 71) this week and wondered if there is still a chance since it's late in the cycle and other, most likely, better applicants have already been sought after.
OOS friend of mine got their II in March on their last interview day. Accepted 2 weeks later and now a student!

Well, funnily enough, I am receiving my decision date on the 15th of Feb and they sent me mail saying to check vitals on the 1st. lol

Emailed OSU school of medicine this morning. Below is the reply,

"Thank you for your email. The OSU College of Medicine will be interviewing up until April 2023.
Best,

• Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Emailed OSU school of medicine this morning. Below is the reply,

"Thank you for your email. The OSU College of Medicine will be interviewing up until April 2023.
Best,
they also told me they send out II until march 31st! still time

I have an interview soon and was wondering if you all sent thank you letters post II? Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still haven't heard any emails about my OSU application since submitting my app to them 8/15. What can I do about this?

same here but unclear. I am also IS and sent in updates. They do interview until March 31st.
same here. I thought I was a good fit for them and am IS. I sent an update last month and still nothing.

Just got the phone call that I was accepted to the PCT 😭 so grateful

• Love
same here. I thought I was a good fit for them and am IS. I sent an update last month and still nothing.
Also weird cause I got an interview invite to cincy in october but straight silence from OSU

I still haven't heard any emails about my OSU application since submitting my app to them 8/15. What can I do about this?
Oh dang, what a coincidence as I was just talking about this yesterday😂. I got an II from OSU a few minutes ago! OOS, ORM, LM 70, WARS 71. I asked on SDN and I received after 6 months of waiting.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Oh dang, what a coincidence as I was just talking about this yesterday. I got an II from OSU a few minutes ago! OOS, ORM, LM 70, WARS 71
Congrats! I may be wrong but perhaps they are sending OOS IIs before IS? Haven't seen much IS IIs. I am IS and attended OSU for undergrad and silence so far.

Also weird cause I got an interview invite to cincy in october but straight silence from OSU
Hey same boat here, heard from Cincy for an interview back earlier in the fall but didn't receive a II from OSU till late January so don't lose hope. Also IS

I've always wanted to write this and now I can! OOS A today (I saw it at 7 am on Vitals), and it's my first and only one! I've been having nightmares about getting rejected but now I can put that anxiety to rest finally. I didn't get the call :( but I'm so happy nonetheless. LizzyM 76, interviewed 2/25. yay!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
OOS II received today, scheduled for beginning of march

I hope OSU starts to give so IS people some II's lol

Reactions: 6 users
Has anyone been accepted off the waitlist?
I doubt that will happen anytime soon. OSU is still interviewing applicants for open seats. Most schools only see waitlist movement starting in May because that's when everybody has to start narrowing down their options. Take a seat and start waiting. The waitlist isn't going to move for a long time.

I don't know if it would be impossible for something like IM, but based on what I heard at the interview, I don't believe they've had anyone match outside of FM from the PCT at this particular school. Unfortunately I don't know much more than that.
Do you have any information about the curriculum? I'm trying to find a curriculum calendar like they have for the 4 year. I couldn't find anything.
Also, is there an option to get into a categorical residency afterwards? The information on their site is pretty vague.

I doubt that will happen anytime soon. OSU is still interviewing applicants for open seats. Most schools only see waitlist movement starting in May because that's when everybody has to start narrowing down their options. Take a seat and start waiting. The waitlist isn't going to move for a long time.
I heard a student got accepted last year in July. I think they were the last to get off the wait-list. Can you imagine the feeling of joy that person felt. Lol. They were getting ready for secondaries and interview season for the next year but voila. OSU has been very generous ever since covid. I think a lot of it has to do with the shortage of doctors in the hospital systems. Currently, there is a wait-list of 1 year for hematology clinic. It's gotten so bad that I believe they are working with Ohio Health and Mount Carmel to refer patients.

What is OSU's post-II acceptance rate for OOS applicants? I saw on TheDataKing's post about post-II acceptance rates that it's about 70.63%, but I'm skeptical about this number. Because on MSAR, though it doesn't show the actual number of acceptees, the number of OOS matriculants is only 77 out of 349 OOS interviewees. It seems like the number of acceptees is much lower than the 70.63% post-II acceptance rate is suggesting.

What is OSU's post-II acceptance rate for OOS applicants? I saw on TheDataKing's post about post-II acceptance rates that it's about 70.63%, but I'm skeptical about this number. Because on MSAR, though it doesn't show the actual number of acceptees, the number of OOS matriculants is only 77 out of 349 OOS interviewees. It seems like the number of acceptees is much lower than the 70.63% post-II acceptance rate is suggesting.
it could also be that people chose to go someplace else and only the 77 matriculate, but more people were accepted.

Reactions: 2 users
it could also be that people chose to go someplace else and only the 77 matriculate, but more people were accepted.
Yeah, but there's a weird gap between the 70.63% TheDataKing post states and the small number of 77 that matriculate. If the 70.63% is true, then around 244 applicants would have gotten accepted out of the 349 OOS applicants that got interviewed. The big difference between the 244 that are supposed to be accepted and the 77 that end up matriculating seems weird to me, like the actual post-II acceptance rate might be much lower than that TheDataKing post suggests.

Yeah, but there's a weird gap between the 70.63% TheDataKing post states and the small number of 77 that matriculate. If the 70.63% is true, then around 244 applicants would have gotten accepted out of the 349 OOS applicants that got interviewed. The big difference between the 244 that are supposed to be accepted and the 77 that end up matriculating seems weird to me, like the actual post-II acceptance rate might be much lower than that TheDataKing post suggests.
keep in mind this was pre-covid so the data there is from the 2019-2020 cycle and things have changed a bit, from the number of applicants to amount of iis. just comparing the DataKing spreadsheet (19-20 cycle) to MSAR (20-21 cycle), OSU increased iis by almost 100

keep in mind this was pre-covid so the data there is from the 2019-2020 cycle and things have changed a bit, from the number of applicants to amount of iis. just comparing the DataKing spreadsheet (19-20 cycle) to MSAR (20-21 cycle), OSU increased iis by almost 100
Oh I see, so there's a 1 year difference in these datasets and that 70% post-II OOS acceptance rate doesn't likely hold true anymore. Dang, OSU looks like it's gotten harder to get into post-II if only 20% matriculated out of the 349 OOS applicants that interviewed. Maybe in-state preference has gotten more strict as there's only a 44 interview spot difference between in-state and out-of-state interviewees despite the OOS applicant pool being about 5 times larger than the IS applicant pool.