2022-2023 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got the A! Interviewed 9/16 :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did everyone that interviewed receive the email about a Post-Interview Day Student Panel?

I interviewed on 9/16 and got the email. I did not receive any decision yet but I saw on their website that October 19 is the date that the first major wave of decisions are sent out.
Did everyone that interviewed receive the email about a Post-Interview Day Student Panel?

Got put on alternate list. Interviewed 9/28. Little bummed can’t lie.

How likely is it to be admitted after being waitlisted? I know Wayne has quite a lot of waitlist movement, not sure about MSU.

Reactions: 1 user
I sweated my whole summer during the pandemic for my MCAT. If I could beg for an interview, I would

Got placed on the alternate list. Interviewed 9/16. Would love to know how many people typically get off it.

Members don't see this ad :)
II! Complete 7/19. I applied MD/PhD but this interview appears to be MD-only

Anyone complete August 22nd and no news?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if attending the post-interview day student panel has any effect on chances for acceptance? Not sure if I’ll be able to make it.

pre II R 😍 kinda glad because i didn’t realize how insane their OOS tuition was until i applied!

OOS pre-II R. Complete 8/9/22 and forwarded to preliminary review 8/20/22

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will get good news. Did you just get the email?
Thanks! Fingers crossed 😊. I got the email about 3 hour ago (I saw it after leaving work).

To those who interviewed, I know we're given 10 minutes for each MMI station, but how long should my response be and do you suggest any resources to prep?

Reddit and SDN were sufficient enough for my interview prep IMO. I also did mock interviews with friends via zoom. 3-5 minutes for a response is good, leaving enough time to answer follow-up questions. The first 2 out of the 10 minutes are reading the prompt.

preciate you!!!

Has anyone here interviewed/been invited to MSU MD/PhD? I'm a bit confused on the process and what the email I just got means!

Has anyone here interviewed/been invited to MSU MD/PhD? I'm a bit confused on the process and what the email I just got means!
I got an invite today! Is it the email asking for your availability? Or something else?

Reactions: 1 users
I got an invite today! Is it the email asking for your availability? Or something else?
They gave me one option for a date and it's for the VAIGS program - super short notice and they didn't mention anything about the MD side of it but they did acknowledge that I had in fact applied MD/PhD.

And congratulations!!!

They gave me one option for a date and it's for the VAIGS program - super short notice and they didn't mention anything about the MD side of it but they did acknowledge that I had in fact applied MD/PhD.

And congratulations!!!
Ahh I applied to the MSU Graduate School, not VAIGS so I got a different email. Not quite sure how they're doing it for you but congrats on your interview as well!!

And congratulations!!!
This happened to me also! I heard from VAIGS first, and then the MD interview came afterwards

Ahh I applied to the MSU Graduate School, not VAIGS so I got a different email. Not quite sure how they're doing it for you but congrats on your interview as well!!
I ended up getting an II from CHM just now - I applied to the grad school and VAIGS so I have to do multiple, apparently!

Who do we send thank you letters to? also, would it be too late to send it a week after the interview?