2022-2023 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is anyone still waiting for an II?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
if I missed the deadline to upload my Georgia residency docs, how much do you think it will affect my application?

Have any accepted students received any further info about second look, completing FAFSA, sending our official transcript, etc?

Current M1 here. Second look, which MCG calls Revisit Day, is tentatively planned for March 25th and will be in-person.

Reactions: 4 users
Do we think any decisions will be released on 1/20 or will we have to wait until the next Friday like the previous cycle?

Do we think any decisions will be released on 1/20 or will we have to wait until the next Friday like the previous cycle?
I have a feeling it will be next Friday based on the previous years' trends. I checked up until the 2015-2016 cycle and all of their January acceptance notifications were the last Friday of January at the earliest. (Some years were even first or second Friday of February)

Reactions: 2 users
I have a feeling it will be next Friday based on the previous years' trends. I checked up until the 2015-2016 cycle and all of their January acceptance notifications were the last Friday of January at the earliest. (Some years were even first or second Friday of February)
I’m an M2 at MCG and this was when I was accepted so it’s likely to be the end of the month

I’m an M2 at MCG and this was when I was accepted so it’s likely to be the end of the month
Were there a lot of people who interviewed early but didn’t get accepted until January or later when you applied? I’ve got a lot of friends including myself who interviewed in September/October/November and still haven’t been accepted

Have any accepted students received any further info about second look, completing FAFSA, sending our official transcript, etc?
Complete FAFSA and, if you have already graduated, send them your transcript as soon as you can.

Members don't see this ad :)
Were there a lot of people who interviewed early but didn’t get accepted until January or later when you applied? I’ve got a lot of friends including myself who interviewed in September/October/November and still haven’t been accepted
I'm not sure. I do remember people who interviewed earlier in the cycle who were accepted later on after people who interviews after them were accepted.

Current M1 here. Second look, which MCG calls Revisit Day, is tentatively planned for March 25th and will be in-person.
I just got an email from the admissions office yesterday saying to "save the date for a virtual revisit day" with no other details. Are you sure that this event is planned to be in-person? And did anyone else get this email?

I just got an email from the admissions office yesterday saying to "save the date for a virtual revisit day" with no other details. Are you sure that this event is planned to be in-person? And did anyone else get this email?
Yes, seems like it will be virtual

I was given info just last week that it was planned to be in-person. Maybe they changed their minds between now and then. Idk

Today's January's 3rd Friday, anybody heard back about admissions decisions from MCG (A, WL, R) today?

Today's January's 3rd Friday, anybody heard back about admissions decisions from MCG (A, WL, R) today?
Judging by past years, it is almost always the 4th Friday for January due the holiday weeks in which they didn't meet. If anyone hears today though, let us know! I just wouldn't get jumpy about it being today.

With As, they release offers on Fridays. When it comes to WLs or Rs, does MCG release these randomly throughout the week?

With As, they release offers on Fridays. When it comes to WLs or Rs, does MCG release these randomly throughout the week?
So far this cycle, I’ve only seen people post about a post-II R twice on this thread and they were both a few days before releasing As on Friday (assuming they release As this Friday as well). Based on last years thread, I think they might release pre-II Rs around 2/1, the final round of acceptances on 2/10, more post-II Rs on 2/13, and finally WLs on 2/15. And then people will start getting in off the WL in early May-June.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the A this morning!!! I'm so excited

Anyone know if people who interviewed in early January could expect to hear back today?

I haven’t heard anything back since october interview. Idk if I should even be hopeful for the 2/10 release or just wait for the waitlist.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted this morning! Could someone please dm me the group me link?

Reactions: 1 users
Do they roll out Acceptances throughout the day or only in the morning time and if I don't hear anything by noon, then it's another wait for 2/10 and 3/17? I interviewed 11/17

Do they roll out Acceptances throughout the day or only in the morning time and if I don't hear anything by noon, then it's another wait for 2/10 and 3/17? I interviewed 11/10
I think they release throughout the day, based on the last few months. However, I could be wrong if pretty much everyone who got accepted so far received their email around 9 am.

Accepted OOS and super excited about MCG! If someone could DM me the group chat, that would be awesome.

Similar situation. Interviewed back in August and haven't heard anything since September. Very glad to have avoided the rejections, but assuming a WL at best at this point.

Are they going to release the WLs all at once or have those been coming out throughout the year?

I also haven’t heard anything since my October interview. I thought I majorly messed something up until I got three more IIs between late December and now. Idk if I managed to screw the MMI up really bad or what