2022-2023 Medical College of Georgia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
any ii recently?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm so sorry to hear that y'all :( It is very surprising. I didn't realize they would be sending post-II rejections already. Does anyone know if this has been happening or is just starting?
I had a friend of mine who applied to MCG last cycle. He was a super qualified candidate, he did his B.S and PharmSci MS at UGA (513 MCAT, bachelor's GPA: 3.92, Master's GPA: 3.97), had a master's thesis, though I don't know for certain I'm pretty sure he had several presentations and at least 1 manuscript that wasn't submitted to a journal yet. He also did medical scribing full-time for 1 year during the app cycle he applied to. He got rejected without an II, it still beats me why MCG didn't at least give him an II. MCG can be pretty picky with med school applicants, even 3.9+GPA/520+ MCAT students unfortunately. It seems like it's always been happening with MCG admissions.

Edit: My friend did successfully get an acceptance to PCOM-GA last cycle despite the MD cycle not working out for him last year, so everything ended up working well for him! He's really happy there right now!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Question about Post-II acceptance rates for in-state MCG applicants, I see on MSAR that the post-II acceptance rate for In-state applicants is ~46%, but the SDN excel data attached here says that In-state Post-II acceptance rate is more like 67%. Which one is more correct?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone heard anything today?

Last edited:
I just got in!! And today is my birthday! This is my first A. I’m in disbelief and just so, so grateful. ❤

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
I just got in!! And today is my birthday! This is my first A. I’m in disbelief and just so, so grateful. ❤
Congrats and Happy Birthday! Would you mind sharing details like what time it was sent, stats, IS/OS?

Question about Post-II acceptance rates for in-state MCG applicants, I see on MSAR that the post-II acceptance rate for In-state applicants is ~46%, but the SDN excel data attached here says that In-state Post-II acceptance rate is more like 67%. Which one is more correct?

My thoughts are the MSAR just shows how many matriculated (260) where as the SDN data factors in additional acceptances caused by initially accepted applicants declining their acceptance to attend another school. Any increase from the 46% is going to depend on how many people decline their acceptance during the cycle. The more that do the higher the post II acceptance rate will be. I could be wrong these are just my thoughts.

Congrats and Happy Birthday! Would you mind sharing details like what time it was sent, stats, IS/OS?
Thank you so much! I got the email at around 1pm. I am IS. GPA about 3.65 and MCAT 515

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats . I got rejected last week with 515 MCAT and 3.9 GPA IS

• Care
I saw there’s an accepted students GroupMe. Could someone send me the link?

Hello! I also received an A last Friday. Could someone also send me the GroupMe link? :)

Has anyone gotten an interview invite recently? Are II done or some more II in January?

I was accepted on 12/16! Can someone also PM me the group me for accepted students? Also, for anyone else who has been accepted and uploaded the acceptance form to the portal, did you get any kind of confirmation? Just making sure I'm not supposed to be doing anything else since the two week deadline is Friday.

I was accepted on 12/16! Can someone also PM me the group me for accepted students? Also, for anyone else who has been accepted and uploaded the acceptance form to the portal, did you get any kind of confirmation? Just making sure I'm not supposed to be doing anything else since the two week deadline is Friday.
Acceptees have a two week deadline to decide if they want to take the acceptance or not? What if you want to wait for other acceptances until April and then proceed to commit to MCG if you don't hear back from other schools?

I also have not received confirmation after uploading my signed documents. I emailed Admissions on Monday to confirm receipt, but I haven’t heard back. I am assuming they might be on holiday hours still. But I am also assuming all is well since you can see the dates I uploaded my documents in the portal.

Acceptees have a two week deadline to decide if they want to take the acceptance or not? What if you want to wait for other acceptances until April and then proceed to commit to MCG if you don't hear back from other schools?
This is not binding or anything. It’s just like at other schools that ask for a deposit to hold your spot. MCG asks you to sign a few forms and upload them to your portal, but no deposit is required.

Are you able to change your campus choice?
I believe you don’t have to make a final decision on campus choice until revisit day. The preference they had us fill out was just to get an estimate

I believe you don’t have to make a final decision on campus choice until revisit day. The preference they had us fill out was just to get an estimate
Thanks! What and when is revisit day? (I might have missed that lol).

Has anyone else received additional info email and still waiting for an ii?

I'm thinking about sending a letter of intent soon. Interviewed on 12/13. Any thoughts?

Any updates on if any of the accepted students have received any confirmation or next steps after uploading your signed acceptance letter and technical standards?

Anyone who has interviewed at this school can you please DM me? I need advice

Could someone please share the GroupMe link for accepted students with me as well? Thank you!

When can we expect the next round of acceptances?

can someone send me the accepted students chat? thanks!

I interviewed about 1.5 months ago and was wondering if its wise to call admissions and ask for an update.

Last edited:
I interviewed about 1.5 months ago and was wondering if its wise to call admissions and ask for an update.
i interviewed almost 3 months ago with nothing. they give out decisions monthly and waitlist people in Feb/Mar i believe

I wouldn't. I believe they are announcing acceptances on the 3rd Friday of every month. So next Friday (1/20) in this case.

Anyone know if those that interviewed in January could still get an acceptance as early as the wave for this month (1/20 most likely)? Or would the wave in February be the earliest we could hear back