2022-2023 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II yesterday! Submitted 7/4. OOS but strong ties to TN. Got an email for the interview invite. Earliest interview was Nov 4th though :cryi:

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
II yesterday! Submitted 7/4. OOS but strong ties to TN. Got an email for the interview invite. Earliest interview was Nov 4th though :cryi:
Congratulations. Could you share your stats with us?

Well, MCAT 51* (Mid teens), GPA 3.7+, sGPA (3.8+), Ton of research etc ... still waiting here from the end of June. It looks like at least 4 Floridians are here waiting .......
It's possible you're being yield-protected if your ECs aren't closely aligned with their mission. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, though!
Well never mind. If someone was complete is August, then doesnt look good
I'm not sure if I was the only one who had such a quick turnaround after being complete in August. I have strong ties to Appalachia and am from the south, so I think my app might have been considered sooner for those reasons. I wouldn't lose hope yet!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to those with interview invites! Just curious, what dates were available for you all to select? (Interviewing 9/16 here)
Interviewing 10/21. If you (and/or anyone else) want to set up a group call to get some practice with the format of the group interview, let me know! I've done scribing/MA work in COVID, but I have very little experience with group Zoom sessions.

Reactions: 1 users
I got an interview for October 21st!! I am very thankful and excited, but since they are rolling admissions, will there still be a lot of seats remaining when I interview? I know it’s only October. Sorry if this is a silly question but it does worry me because my friend told me to get an interview asap, but October was the earliest possible.

I got an interview for October 21st!! I am very thankful and excited, but since they are rolling admissions, will there still be a lot of seats remaining when I interview? I know it’s only October. Sorry if this is a silly question but it does worry me because my friend told me to get an interview asap, but October was the earliest possible.
You’ll be more than fine!

Interviewing 10/21. If you (and/or anyone else) want to set up a group call to get some practice with the format of the group interview, let me know! I've done scribing/MA work in COVID, but I have very little experience with group Zoom sessions.

Yes I would definitely be interested in practicing for interviews!

Based on last cycle's SDN profile, it looks like a good portion of acceptances came from October and I believe even November?

It's interesting that an October interview slot was available for you since someone above mentioned that the first availability was for November. I wonder if someone already had to reschedule or decided to give up their II? Anyway, we have the same interview day and I think at least @DionnaK and I will be doing some practice in the coming weeks if you'd like to join. And finally, congrats on the II!

Based on last cycle's SDN profile, it looks like a good portion of acceptances came from October and I believe even November?

It's interesting that an October interview slot was available for you since someone above mentioned that the first availability was for November. I wonder if someone already had to reschedule or decided to give up their II? Anyway, we have the same interview day and I think at least @DionnaK and I will be doing some practice in the coming weeks if you'd like to join. And finally, congrats on the II!
When I got my II there were slots in September. I signed up for a September date btw

Members don't see this ad :)

Yes I would love to!

I’m also interviewing on Oct. 21st and I would love to get in on this as well! That would be super helpful

Current OMS-I here that went through this process, so if any of y’all have questions you can DM me or tag.

Best of luck on interviews!

Reactions: 3 users
Current OMS-I here that went through this process, so if any of y’all have questions you can DM me or tag.

Thanks for offering this! I'll send a DM your way.
Love your username, btw! 😂

Same here! If anyone has any questions I’ll be happy to answer them. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
interviewing next friday... interested to see what a "group interview" is like

interviewing next friday... interested to see what a "group interview" is like
Same! I’m wavering between feeling super confident and terror and trying to find the fine line of not being cocky about getting the interview but not letting myself panic since they obviously saw something in our applications.

I guess I’m curious about what makes them reject someone after the ii, especially this early on?

Same! I’m wavering between feeling super confident and terror and trying to find the fine line of not being cocky about getting the interview but not letting myself panic since they obviously saw something in our applications.

I guess I’m curious about what makes them reject someone after the ii, especially this early on?

so i spoke to some people that interviewed last year! and they direct questions to each interviewee so they don’t just ask the question to the group if that makes sense

Complete 8/19. II 8/25. November 4th Interview.

Will most seats be taken up by then?

Anyone who has interviewed already, how was it? I have one tomorrow and would like to know what to expect.

Anyone who has interviewed already, how was it? I have one tomorrow and would like to know what to expect.
I’m pretty sure tomorrow is the first day of interviews for this cycle...? I’ll be interviewing tomorrow too, good luck to us all!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Interviewed here today. They said decisions would come in 3-4 weeks. Does anyone know the post II acceptance rate?

To you all stressing about the interview, it really is what they emphasize- just about getting to know you better as a person. Obviously I have no idea how it went for me since it will be a few weeks to hear but I wish I would have stressed a little less yesterday.

Interviewed here today. They said decisions would come in 3-4 weeks. Does anyone know the post II acceptance rate?
Not sure on the actual stats but it’s traditionally been very high for the first few groups of ii

Not sure on the actual stats but it’s traditionally been very high for the first few groups of ii
Thank you. Fingers crossed! Do you remember if they said they’d call or email or both? I can’t remember what they said Friday

Do you think it will take a full 3-4 weeks or do you think that’s just a standard response? When I thanked the director of admissions she said I’d be hearing back in “a couple of weeks”. Maybe I’m over analyzing, but I know last year they heard back in like 10 days lol.

Do you think it will take a full 3-4 weeks or do you think that’s just a standard response? When I thanked the director of admissions she said I’d be hearing back in “a couple of weeks”. Maybe I’m over analyzing, but I know last year they heard back in like 10 days lol.
I have no clue, but I hope it’s soon! I really liked this school. I know they have multiple interview dates coming up, so maybe they’re wanting to make decisions on the first few rounds before they send stuff out.

Yeah I wondered this too, I know she said 3-4 weeks but then she made the comment that we may hear sooner they just want to give themselves time so fingers crossed we’ll still hear next week like last cycle. I get more nervous every day. I’m going here if I get in!

How did you decide on Knoxville versus Harrogate?
So there's the obvious answer and the less obvious one. Knoxville is certainly bigger than Harrogate. As a foodie and a coffee snob, I knew I wouldn't make it in Harrogate. I know a lot of people who decided on Harrogate because they liked that there was nothing else to do but school. However, I knew that having nothing to do but school would drive me crazy.

The less obvious answer is the campus design. Harrogate is on LMU's undergraduate campus. Many of the lectures are done in a building which is shared with undergrads. Harrogate certainly has a college campus feel. For me, I liked that Knoxville didn't have that feeling. The Knoxville campus is located in a former office park. When you walk around, you get the feeling that you are at the office and not at school. For me, that shift in mentality was necessary since med school is really like a full time job.

Some cons of Knoxville would be cost of living. Rent here is higher than one would expect for a city of this size. I believe this is due to the broad trends since COVID of people moving to no income tax states. With Nashville becoming ridiculously unaffordable, Knoxville seems like the next most obvious choice.

One benefit of Harrogate is that you can shop in Middlesboro, KY and escape the 9.25% sales tax in TN. As someone without income to take advantage of no income tax, it hurts every time I go to any store.

Reactions: 7 users
do we think they are still sending interview invites? I haven't heard anything and was complete 8/1. I'm IS 508 MCAT 3.8 GPA and 0 updates

do we think they are still sending interview invites? I haven't heard anything and was complete 8/1. I'm IS 508 MCAT 3.8 GPA and 0 updates
I'm complete since 7/28 w/lower stats. I haven't heard anything either.

same, complete mid july and nothing. i'm oos tho

I received an II sub 500 last year around October. Interviewed in November and was accepted in December. Trust your personal statements and activity descriptions. Stats aren’t everything. Wish everyone here good luck.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
I just got an email from LMU about campus tour dates and about died bc I thought it was a decision email at first. Here’s to hoping for some news sooner than later and sending all the best wishes for everyone else waiting on decisions and iis ✨

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I am hoping that this week is when admissions decisions get released. This wait has been so hard.