2022-2023 Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine (KHSC-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
secondary just turned in. How long afterward did most folks start receiving invites?
I submitted secondary 8/19 and received II 9/9

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just submitted my secondary, but didn't receive an email or anything confirming that it was submitted or they received it. Is there a way on the portal to see it was submitted/received?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just submitted my secondary, but didn't receive an email or anything confirming that it was submitted or they received it. Is there a way on the portal to see it was submitted/received?
i didn't get anything either until a few days later when they said my file was complete.

Reactions: 1 user
I am supposed to interview in 2 days & only received an email reminder, but no agenda, does anyone know when I can expect to receive this or should I just contact someone?

I am supposed to interview in 2 days & only received an email reminder, but no agenda, does anyone know when I can expect to receive this or should I just contact someone?
Same boat as you, im going off their website interview outline for "agenda" if we don't get any other info

Totally, but what about the Zoom links?
The email you got after registering for an interview time has a zoom link attached. The email subject line I am referring to is "RSVP: You successfully registered to Interview Day" and if you scroll down it has a hyperlinked Zoom Link. That's what I anticipate using if we don't get any more info until then

I got mine 2 days before around 2pm, so I think you guys might get it today.

The email you got after registering for an interview time has a zoom link attached. The email subject line I am referring to is "RSVP: You successfully registered to Interview Day" and if you scroll down it has a hyperlinked Zoom Link. That's what I anticipate using if we don't get any more info until then
I got mine 2 days before around 2pm, so I think you guys might get it today.
Oh @echoechoechoecho you're such a g, I totally forgot about that! & thank you @parkoffice765 hopefully that's the case!

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m thinking the same I just couldn’t find any questions from years past
Same, I think someone said they were your standard interview questions & I've also heard there were ethical and critical thinking questions. Received the agenda around 20 mins ago!

Last edited:
interviewed today. overall good vibes from the school and student panel. interview questions are critical thinking for one half and ethics based on the other. also, blind interview aka my interviewer did not have access to my application

interviewed today. overall good vibes from the school and student panel. interview questions are critical thinking for one half and ethics based on the other. also, blind interview aka my interviewer did not have access to my application
+1! I got the same critical thinking questions in both interviews and I think it was a mistake on their end but now I'm nervous about not having done the ethical questions. Anyone have any advice here?

+1! I got the same critical thinking questions in both interviews and I think it was a mistake on their end but now I'm nervous about not having done the ethical questions. Anyone have any advice here?
I feel like it's probably not a big deal, because you did not do anything wrong. Mistake is on their end. If anything, they will just have to score your interview based on what they have from both interviewer's. You could also maybe reach out to the admissions email if you're worried, but I wouldn't sweat it personally.

Did you all receive confirmation email? I submitted my secondary a month ago and all I got was "your application is being reviewed"

Did you all receive confirmation email? I submitted my secondary a month ago and all I got was "your application is being reviewed"
I got an email saying your application is being reviewed which I interpreted to be the same as complete. I got that 9/7 and II 9/22 if you're curious about timeline

Submitted 9/3 and got this response: Your application has been submitted. Please allow our admissions staff time to process your application and other materials. Further communication will be sent once your application has been reviewed.

- KCU Admissions

Nothing since.
I think you’re looking at the wrong school. This is KHSC-KansasCOM, it’s the new DO school in Kansas. KCU is completely different.

Four weeks and counting…this wait is brutal 🙃

9/23 interview date for me. Also, no decision yet
9/28 interview over here, no decision yet ⏲️😹. They told us adcom meets every 6 weeks, and hadn't met yet when I interviewed. So, I would assume we can start counting 6 weeks from 9/21?

hey y’all, I interviewed today and they said that adcom will meet this Friday for everyone who interviewed in the previous weeks and that todays interview session wouldn’t be included

Reactions: 2 users
I am a reapplicant and they said things were glitched for us so I got my interview late! Interviewing nov 4th

I am a reapplicant and they said things were glitched for us so I got my interview late! Interviewing nov 4th
I’m also a reapplicant. Did you reach out to them before you got the invite? I’ve been complete for a few months and didn’t get anything.

I’m also a reapplicant. Did you reach out to them before you got the invite? I’ve been complete for a few months and didn’t get anything.
If it has been a few months, I would call and ask to make sure you are not missing anything on your application.

I have called them twice with questions. They always tell me to expect 4-6 weeks to hear about whether you got an II or not.

II just now, IS. Received secondary about a month ago but had to take the CASPER and was waiting on those results!

Has anyone heard back yet post interview? I just got a generic admissions email asking me to apply, like hello I already interviewed there! I wonder how long it will take to hear back.

Has anyone heard back yet post interview? I just got a generic admissions email asking me to apply, like hello I already interviewed there! I wonder how long it will take to hear back.
Nope, still haven't heard anything. Pretty sure I was from the first interview day, too (9/21). They said 4-6 weeks and we're at the 5 week mark, so I imagine they'll start sending out decisions by the end of next week. Have not gotten that email FWIW.

Nope, still haven't heard anything. Pretty sure I was from the first interview day, too (9/21). They said 4-6 weeks and we're at the 5 week mark, so I imagine they'll start sending out decisions by the end of next week. Have not gotten that email FWIW.
Ugh yeah the wait is killing me. I interviewed the week after you. Hopefully we hear back soon!

SUPER BIZARRE. I just got an email reminding me to schedule my interview date when I never received the initial invitation email...? Not sure if it was a mistake or the invitation simply got lost somewhere. Either way, I declined it (already accepted to higher choice school) so hopefully it goes to one of you guys waiting out there!

Just try to plan ahead, how do you guys decide to pay for this school if accepted since no federal aid? Thanks

What's the interest rate for those usually? any best ones you know? are they qualified for tax reduction or loan forgiveness program?
some interest can be better than federal depending on your credit, heard Sallie Mae is good, no for your last points

Did they mention how many seats they have for this year?

anyone who submit secondary first week of oct get an ii yet?

Got the A via phone call, interviewed 9/21

Reactions: 4 users
A today

II: 9/28/22

Deadline for deposit is December 14

Reactions: 2 users