2022-2023 Indiana

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone else got something in informed delivery today? it's probably some bs magazine buttttt
I had one yesterday, and it was a stupid catalogue

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Where in the Informed delivery email does it say "a piece of mail without a photo"? I've been signed up for a couple of months now and have yet to see it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where in the Informed delivery email does it say "a piece of mail without a photo"? I've been signed up for a couple of months now and have yet to see it.
If you do have something that shows up for that it’s usually at the bottom of the email

Got the acceptance just now via mail! Interviewed early October, LM 69

Reactions: 9 users
It’s like this in the email.

Attachments

• A8965286-4620-450C-AF3D-A35CC68028A4.jpeg
    A8965286-4620-450C-AF3D-A35CC68028A4.jpeg
    77.7 KB · Views: 148
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone applied to one of the special programs (UMP or RMEP) and been rejected to the special program but still accepted to the regular MD program? Or heard of that happening?

I was under the impression that being rejected for UMP/RMEP wouldn't kill your app for the regular admissions pool, but I wanted to check.
During my UMP interview which was earlier in January, I was told that I would not get into the general MD program if I wasn't selected for UMP. I am an OOS applicant w/ no ties to IU though. I received my II mid-September.

Accepted via mail today! 20 mins from campus, interviewed 11/9.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Guys, it finally happened! I got my first A!!!!! *Tears of joy and relief* 😭

Got it in the mail today. I'm IS about 2.5 hrs from campus, so nearby OOS may want to check their mail today and tomorrow.
Interviewed 11/9, Reinvented reapplicant, non-trad, did IU's MS program
uGPA: 3.02
gGPA: 3.94
MCAT 502 > 517

This is my 4th cycle. Only applied DO first 2 cycles, applied MD/DO late last cycle, applied MD/DO this cycle after retaking MCAT and finishing MS program. If it's something you really want, DO NOT GIVE UP! If I can do it, so can you.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 22 users
During my UMP interview which was earlier in January, I was told that I would not get into the general MD program if I wasn't selected for UMP. I am an OOS applicant w/ no ties to IU though. I received my II mid-September.

Oh no :( did the interviewers say that? Kinda wish for consideration to MD track too if UMP doesn’t work out. UMP seems really competitive

this morning I had the usps notification but when i checked again later there was nothing... they are playing me. nothing in the mail and interviewed 09/07

AHHH!!! Accepted today via mail! IS, LM69, interviewed 8/31! It was a long wait but it’s official. Literally so nauseous rn I can’t

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
Just received A, if you have the “an item we don’t have a picture for”, it is most likely your acceptance letter.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how the campus placement “lottery” works? The site says applicant rankings but does that mean how they rank us as well? Or is it truly a random lottery that does some algorithm-y stuff with our rankings of the campuses to give us all our placements?

Does anyone know how the campus placement “lottery” works? The site says applicant rankings but does that mean how they rank us as well? Or is it truly a random lottery that does some algorithm-y stuff with our rankings of the campuses to give us all our placements?

They are very cagey about how the lottery system works. This is MY understanding of the process from everyone I've spoken to/what I've seen online, but it might not be totally accurate, so take it with a grain of salt

People accepted early decision, accepted into a scholarly concentration program, and those with certain scholarships are placed at campuses first. Then, everyone else gets placed. They don't rank students, students rank the campuses. Then it is a "random" lottery but from what I've heard, its based on the time you were accepted. For example, they'd take everyone who was accepted in Oct/Nov and hadn't been placed yet and put them in a pool. Then they places everyone as best they can according to submitted ranking list and number of spots left at each campus. Then, they would repeat for eveyone accepted Dec/Jan/Feb, then March/April. Once a campuses spots have been filled, nobody else can be placed at that campus. For waitlist spots, if someone withdraws the person who takes their spot is automatically assigned to the campus they withdrew from.

Reactions: 4 users
Got a “There is a mailpiece for which we do not currently have an image that is included in Today 's mail.” Probably gonna be a kroger ad lol

Reactions: 2 users
Nothing in informed delivery for me today, but sometimes large envelopes don't show up in my informed delivery, not even as “There is a mailpiece for which we do not currently have an image that is included in Today 's mail.” So, we'll see what happens when the mail comes.

Reactions: 1 users
When does email/portal update usually happen?
In October, it seemed like most people started getting letters on Wednesday 10/19, and then we got the email on Friday morning, 10/21. If the emails didn’t come today, then maybe they’ll come on Monday? Things may have been pushed back due to the holiday this month

Reactions: 2 users
My informed delivery today says "There are 3 mailpieces for which we do not currently have images that are included in Today 's mail." praying that one of them is it

Reactions: 5 users
My informed delivery says "quit refreshing this page every 2 min and causing yourself unnecessary stress!!!!!!"

Anyone else getting this?

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users