2022-2023 Harvard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II today! scheduling to 01/26 and 01/27, didn't see any openings in February
good luck everyone!!
pathways?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
just wanted to make sure...all decisions go out in March, right? do we know if it's just one day or is it spread throughout the month?

Members don't see this ad :)
just wanted to make sure...all decisions go out in March, right? do we know if it's just one day or is it spread throughout the month?
All on one day but they send all A's in the morning and WL/R a bit later. Either way, you'll know if you're accepted in the moring lol.

Reactions: 2 users
All on one day but they send all A's in the morning and WL/R a bit later. Either way, you'll know if you're accepted in the moring lol.
That's a bit of information I could have done without :)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
You think without getting an II there's a chance they might accept me anyway? Not sure why, but I have this feeling.......

• Haha
Reactions: 23 users
FYI they're done sending MD interview invites out. Asked by email and they responded today. :)

• Sad
Reactions: 9 users
FYI they're done sending MD interview invites out. Asked by email and they responded today. :)
cover3.jpg

• Care
Reactions: 21 users
Does anyone happen to know what the acceptance rate post-II is? It was apparently ~29% a few years ago, but that was peak COVID, so I'm not sure how reliable those figures are.

Does anyone happen to know what the acceptance rate post-II is? It was apparently ~29% a few years ago, but that was peak COVID, so I'm not sure how reliable those figures are.
It's low enough that finding the real figure will probably just make it worse. Don't worry about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Last year it was ~26% (226 admitted out of 857 interviews)

• Care
Do we know which day it is or is it a random day early March? I know the undergrad has ivy day where everyone knows exactly when they are coming out but wasn't sure if that was the case for med school

Do we know which day it is or is it a random day early March? I know the undergrad has ivy day where everyone knows exactly when they are coming out but wasn't sure if that was the case for med school
Decisions came out Friday, March 4th last year acc to last year's thread, so I'm guessing we'll hear back Friday, March 3rd this year

Decisions came out Friday, March 4th last year acc to last year's thread, so I'm guessing we'll hear back Friday, March 3rd this year
Yea and just to expand on this a little further:

March 4 2022 (Friday)
March 2 2021 (Tuesday)
February 28 2020 (Friday)
March 1 2019 (Friday)

So March 3rd looks like the day to mark

• Care
I’m pretty sure there’s no point (as in they don’t care about LOIs)
But how else will Harvard know I would pick them over the University of American Samoa?

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
How we all doing, friends :)
Just anxious for decisions. Never expected an interview here at all and am just grateful for the chance regardless of the decision outcome!

Edit: Also your username is so on point 😭😂

Just anxious for decisions. Never expected an interview here at all and am just grateful for the chance regardless of the decision outcome!

Edit: Also your username is so on point 😭😂
At first I read it as "cars makes mercy" and was so very confused XD

See you on campus! I’ve already signed a lease for an apartment in Boston!
You’re behind kiddos. I’m chasing that pre-A graduation. Already calling myself Dr.

How we all doing, friends :)
I was immensely grateful to receive an ii, but I think I may have come across underprepared as it was my first interview of the cycle and I had been managing some personal life stressors at the time. There were 2-3 questions in my first faculty interview that I definitely could have answered better, and I wish I had approached differently because in hindsight, they were the perfect opportunities to set myself apart. Overall, both my interviewers were so lovely and it was an absolute pleasure and privilege to have gotten to this stage (and a confidence boost!), but I can't help but feel like I fumbled the bag for my dream school. Just finding ways to kill time before decision day, though I can't say I am too hopeful.

I was immensely grateful to receive an ii, but I think I may have come across underprepared as it was my first interview of the cycle and I had been managing some personal life stressors at the time. There were 2-3 questions in my first faculty interview that I definitely could have answered better, and I wish I had approached differently because in hindsight, they were the perfect opportunities to set myself apart. Overall, both my interviewers were so lovely and it was an absolute pleasure and privilege to have gotten to this stage (and a confidence boost!), but I can't help but feel like I fumbled the bag for my dream school. Just finding ways to kill time before decision day, though I can't say I am too hopeful.
Eh, you’re overthinking it. I thought I killed my interview at my dream school—they even said they’ll write a “glowing” recommendation—and I got rejected. One of my friends showed up fifteen minutes late to his interview at a top school. Got accepted in the month. Interviews don’t really help, it seems. It’s just a “can you pretend to be a functional human being for half an hour?” type beat.

• Care
Eh, you’re overthinking it. I thought I killed my interview at my dream school—they even said they’ll write a “glowing” recommendation—and I got rejected. One of my friends showed up fifteen minutes late to his interview at a top school. Got accepted in the month. Interviews don’t really help, it seems. It’s just a “can you pretend to be a functional human being for half an hour?” type beat.
This is the attitude I'm holding onto for the next month haha. These R's keep rolling in and I think I pretended to be functional in the couple of interviews I got :xf:🙃

Genuinely feel like that post-II R is coming my way. Wish we could find out already! The wait is brutal...

• Care
Genuinely feel like that post-II R is coming my way. Wish we could find out already! The wait is brutal...
I feel this too lol. Def thought my interview was meh overall but we’ll see. Gotta stay hopeful! And yeah the wait stinks

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Wishing everyone here the best of luck!

Unrelated note, I was thinking of sending a second update - y’all think I should turn it in ASAP or wait a bit? Currently got a paper at one of C/N/S that’s almost at the finish line but the back-and-forth on formatting is dragging on interminably.

Unrelated note, I was thinking of sending a second update - y’all think I should turn it in ASAP or wait a bit? Currently got a paper at one of C/N/S that’s almost at the finish line but the back-and-forth on formatting is dragging on interminably.
What’s C/N/S?

Damn bro save some A's for the rest of us :D

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

I’m trying to publish a paper at C/N/S but they’ve been dodging my calls and emails. I have some really good furry Harry Potter fan fiction that the scientific community NEEDS to see. Got any tips?

• Haha
Reactions: 12 users
I’m trying to publish a paper at C/N/S but they’ve been dodging my calls and emails. I have some really good furry Harry Potter fan fiction that the scientific community NEEDS to see. Got any tips?
If you get rejected by the editor, threaten to publish it in one of the other two (so if you get desk-rejected by Cell, threaten to go to Nature instead). Every time you get rejected / asked to revise, add 100 pages to the supplement. By this point, it will be so long that the peer reviewers give up and decide to let the formatting team reject you. Then do Comic Sans and negotiate your way up.

• Haha
  • Love
If you get rejected by the editor, threaten to publish it in one of the other two (so if you get desk-rejected by Cell, threaten to go to Nature instead). Every time you get rejected / asked to revise, add 100 pages to the supplement. By this point, it will be so long that the peer reviewers give up and decide to let the formatting team reject you. Then do Comic Sans and negotiate your way up.
A little birdie told me HMS hates papers published in C/N/S in the period between Feb 8 and March 3 and would throw your app out if you sent it in an update post-interview. Might want to hold off for now.... :giggle::giggle::giggle:

• Haha
Has anyone who interviewed heard anything from HMS financial aid? I've heard a lot from Yale about the financial aid application and deadlines but nothing from HMS. Their website showed that last year's HMS financial aid application was due March 15th, but I haven't received any emails about how to complete it.