2022-2023 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Saad's in west philly on Walnut is a slept on cheesesteak spot. Look forward to taking y'all there

Reactions: 1 users
Saad's in west philly on Walnut is a slept on cheesesteak spot. Look forward to taking y'all there
And it’s only 7 minutes away from the Philly campus 👀. Looks like a hidden gem has been found

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does Drexel do NBME exams? And are they true P/F? Also, are there weekly quizzes? I'm just trying to decide between two schools, so I am trying to get as much info as possible!

Reactions: 2 users
Does Drexel do NBME exams? And are they true P/F? Also, are there weekly quizzes? I'm just trying to decide between two schools, so I am trying to get as much info as possible!
Drexel exams are all in-house, not NBME. It is true P/F. There aren't weekly quizzes per se rather we have exams about once a month - but we do have these things called checkpoints that are either weekly or biweekly that are like mini quizzes just to make sure you understand the material (these checkpoints count for like a total of 1% of the course grade and if you get a 60% or above it counts as a 100%).

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Silence from 1/18 with a LOI uploaded in March 🤪 (I'm slowly going insane)

I wonder why they havent released decisions this week.. or at least that we know of

I wonder why they havent released decisions this week.. or at least that we know of
It could be due to the CYMS glitch that has been occurring. Maybe they’re figuring out how many seats are now open and then they’ll proceed to send out decisions

While I know MSAR has been known to have inaccuracies, it states DUCOM's graduates have on average $244k of debt. With an estimate of $95k cost of attendance, is the average of $244k due to scholarships? Just trying to figure out approximately what the cost of attendance would be, and based off of the $244k I am unsure as to what it would look like. I know there are many factors that go into financial aide packages, but does anyone know what this would look like for your average joe?

It could be due to the CYMS glitch that has been occurring. Maybe they’re figuring out how many seats are now open and then they’ll proceed to send out decisions
I still havent even gotten my initial decision haha (late march II)

Members don't see this ad :)
While I know MSAR has been known to have inaccuracies, it states DUCOM's graduates have on average $244k of debt. With an estimate of $95k cost of attendance, is the average of $244k due to scholarships? Just trying to figure out approximately what the cost of attendance would be, and based off of the $244k I am unsure as to what it would look like. I know there are many factors that go into financial aide packages, but does anyone know what this would look like for your average joe?
It’s expensive, but on par with other private med schools. You can cut costs various ways (ex. Live with roommates). I will still be taking ~350k out in loans. Im sure many students have scholarships and / or parental contribution which lowers the average COA

I still havent even gotten my initial decision haha (late march II)
Same here (also a late March interview). Just hoping that this won’t delay their time for releasing decisions since they stated during the interview that it would take some time before they send them out.

Does anyone find it disrespectful how Drexel is handling this?

Reactions: 3 users
I feel disrespected by all the schools that rejected me and ostensibly have me at the bottom of their waitlist lol

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
I feel disrespected by all the schools that rejected me and ostensibly have me at the bottom of their waitlist lol
But the one place where you won’t be rejected or waitlisted at is my heart.

I do hope that you hear some good news very soon! I know that you’ll become a fantastic physician

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Late Feb hasn’t heard back and they interviewed till end of March, so maybe it’s gonna take until mid June for WL again.

And “deferred applicants are reviewed regularly” is blatantly not true kind of by their own admission when someone reached out earlier.

Disappointed

early march interviewer here, and I'm desperately hoping Drexel gets back to us during next next Monday

Honestly kind of a bad look and worries me if this kind of stuff carried over to other administrative areas… either way, hang in there lol took 16 weeks for my decision when I was told 6.

• Care
Has anyone that recently accepted (mid-late April) gotten their campus assignment yet?

Is the class almost full now? how many acceptances does Drexel normally send out per cycle? (I'm just wondering if there's still a lot of movement of WL movement to come)

Is the class almost full now? how many acceptances does Drexel normally send out per cycle? (I'm just wondering if there's still a lot of movement of WL movement to come)
Based off of what things were like last cycle, ~800 acceptance offers were given and 303 people matriculated. Additionally, some people had withdrew their acceptance so that would leave some seats available. For WL movement, AAMC reports that 60 people came off the WL and had received an acceptance . With all of that, I would imagine that the upcoming class isn’t full as of now, so hopefully they’ll be sending out some decisions soon (looks like people who interviewed in late February are next up to receive them).

~800 acceptances from ~1600 interviews was what they said on interview day

Hey everyone! I'm current medical student at Drexel and I have very strong ties to the ADCOM. I just wanted to reach out to all of you because I know how exhausting / frustrating the application cycle can be. However, I want to assure you that ADCOM is working very hard to go through all the interviews and to give you all a decision as soon as possible. The assistant director of the medical school resigned earlier this year, thus, it could be a reason to why you all are seeing this delay in decisions. Once again, I know how difficult it can be to wait to hear from a medical school, but I want to reaffirm that they are working very hard to go through 1,600 interviews. Also, they take their time to evaluate each and every interview to make sure all of you get a fair chance. They literally go line by line on your AMCAS and they make sure to discuss every part of your application to give you the best chance possible to get an acceptance. They are on your side and they want you all to succeed. So please bare with the school and I wish you all the very best.

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Hey everyone! I'm current medical student at Drexel and I have very strong ties to the ADCOM. I just wanted to reach out to all of you because I know how exhausting / frustrating the application cycle can be. However, I want to assure you that ADCOM is working very hard to go through all the interviews and to give you all a decision as soon as possible. The assistant director of the medical school resigned earlier this year, thus, it could be a reason to why you all are seeing this delay in decisions. Once again, I know how difficult it can be to wait to hear from a medical school, but I want to reaffirm that they are working very hard to go through 1,600 interviews. Also, they take their time to evaluate each and every interview to make sure all of you get a fair chance. They literally go line by line on your AMCAS and they make sure to discuss every part of your application to give you the best chance possible to get an acceptance. They are on your side and they want you all to succeed. So please bare with the school and I wish you all the very best.

Thank you for sharing, but would you happen to know what is the deferral situation now? Is there re-review currently, or should we assume a waitlist at this point, or is there any timeline? Only share if you feel comfortable! Trying to get some clarity in this blind process.

Thank you for sharing, but would you happen to know what is the deferral situation now? Is there re-review currently, or should we assume a waitlist at this point, or is there any timeline? Only share if you feel comfortable! Trying to get some clarity in this blind process.
I'm restricted with what information I'm allowed to share, however, I can say that you should NOT assume a waitlist unless specifically said so from the ADCOM after your deferred decision. From my understanding, the plan to enroll deadline just passed, so there could be some movement from the deferred list. Where it is an acceptance, waitlist, or rejection depends on your holistic evaluation. It also depends on how many people choose to not go to Drexel and Keep in mind, they are still finishing up their last month or two of interview decisions. Hang tight and I wish you all get good news!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
In addition to my above response - I was just in all your shoes not too long ago. I know how scary and anxiety inducing this process can be. This goal of becoming a physician has been our identifier for a very long time and at times it can consume our lives. However, I want to assure you all that at DUCOM they really try their best to give everyone an opportunity to actualize their dreams. When I was applying last year I wanted to know so bad what is happening behind the scenes at ADCOM, and if they actually mean it when they say "we do a holistic process." Now being on the other side, I want to underscore that they do a holistic review to the truest sense. They care more about who you are as a person and what type of physician you will become than any other academic achievements. So please don't stop believing in the process and don't give up on this dream!

In addition to my above response - I was just in all your shoes not too long ago. I know how scary and anxiety inducing this process can be. This goal of becoming a physician has been our identifier for a very long time and at times it can consume our lives. However, I want to assure you all that at DUCOM they really try their best to give everyone an opportunity to actualize their dreams. When I was applying last year I wanted to know so bad what is happening behind the scenes at ADCOM, and if they actually mean it when they say "we do a holistic process." Now being on the other side, I want to underscore that they do a holistic review to the truest sense. They care more about who you are as a person and what type of physician you will become than any other academic achievements. So please don't stop believing in the process and don't give up on this dream!
As a side question, do you know what’s going on with their phone number? Been trying to call to ask some questions but it’s always the voicemail and they never responded.

Do you happen to know if there are any more interviews going out? I know its wishful thinking but I have not gotten the Pre II R yet. Good luck to everyone waiting!

Do you happen to know if there are any more interviews going out? I know its wishful thinking but I have not gotten the Pre II R yet. Good luck to everyone waiting!
Last II date was March 27, new cycle has begun

As a side question, do you know what’s going on with their phone number? Been trying to call to ask some questions but it’s always the voicemail and they never responded.
They usually respond fairly quick to emails. Try emailing the ADCOM's email or a staff on the admissions. I will message you directly if I find out anything else.

I could be wrong, but interview season might be over for this cycle. However, please don't quote me on this, hence, I'm more involved in post interview decisions. It wouldn't hurt to confirm with them directly. Good luck!

Has it been a week since they last released decisions

Does anyone know when the commit to enroll date is for Drexel?

Just withdrew from the Philly campus. Received a great offer at another school. Best of luck to all of you, I know you're all gonna be kickass docs one day!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
deferred, 02/20 interview :'((

• Care
Deferred from 01/18, meaning tomorrow would be 16 weeks post-interview. I understand that it must be a difficult task to choose an incoming class for medical schools, but it cannot possibly be the best policy to tell students 5-6 weeks for decisions, say nothing for nearly four months, and then send a deferral, which is essentially like saying nothing at all. If you do not know how long the decision process will take, then just say that. Will be withdrawing my application, good luck to those still waiting.

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
Deferred from 01/18, meaning tomorrow would be 16 weeks post-interview. I understand that it must be a difficult task to choose an incoming class for medical schools, but it cannot possibly be the best policy to tell students 5-6 weeks for decisions, say nothing for nearly four months, and then send a deferral, which is essentially like saying nothing at all. If you do not know how long the decision process will take, then just say that. Will be withdrawing my application, good luck to those still waiting.
Honestly incredibly ridiculous that you are getting a deferred decision in May. Wishing you the best of luck elsewhere future doc!

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
My guess is that since they are behind like they were last year according to the last year’s sdn thread, that people on W or deferred will hear back in late june