2022-2023 Drexel

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A just now!!! Interviewed 10/19, throught they lost my file LOL.
Jesus Christ šŸ˜­

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've seen a few people ask this already, so just to put it out there - the answer is pretty much "almost impossible." You have to have a really grounded reason for being at the other location to be granted a campus change, and it's usually on the level that you're the primary caretaker of someone who MUST be in that location.

It sounds like you're unhappy with the WR campus assignment - feel free to ask here or DM me if you have any concerns that I can address in more detail (current student at WR). In general, though, there's the exact same education and comparable extracurriculars at both campuses (and many orgs are required to have reps at both campuses), less admin headache, no moving around come rotation years, a bunch of benefits of having its own hospital, and what time you have for socializing can be done in Philly if you so choose to do so since you're close enough anyways (and many people do). I get that this can be a major turn-off and can even drive decisions if you have other acceptances, but rest assured that there is no loss on the education front for being at WR.
I just have tons of friends in Philly and was already planning housing around living there with them. Iā€™m a URM so the idea of living in Philly sounds much better to me. This is disappointing to me and something Iā€™ll have to think about.

I just have tons of friends in Philly and was already planning housing around living there with them. Iā€™m a URM so the idea of living in Philly sounds much better to me. This is disappointing to me and something Iā€™ll have to think about.
You can always email admissions! I know some people last year were able to successfully switch campuses--it's not guaranteed but at least it's better than not trying!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You can always email admissions! I know some people last year were able to successfully switch campuses--it's not guaranteed but at least it's better than not trying!
Thatā€™s very true! I think itā€™s worth a shot.

Reactions: 2 users
Deferred, interviewed 2/15- really interested in how they decide who to WL and who to defer :unsure:

• Care
Deferred, interviewed 2/15- really interested in how they decide who to WL and who to defer :unsure:

I donā€™t think there is a WL yet right? Itā€™s just deferred but later will turn into WL according to them

I also got the reading assignment today and Iā€™m really heart broken and concerned as itā€™ll make seeing my family a lot more difficult being URM and out of state (will make me have to take multiple flights-no nonstop options-i just canā€™t afford to pay for that many flights). This puts a financial burden on myself on top of just paying for med school itself lol. Is this a good enough reason to get switched??

I also got the reading assignment today and Iā€™m really heart broken and concerned as itā€™ll make seeing my family a lot more difficult being URM and out of state (will make me have to take multiple flights-no nonstop options-i just canā€™t afford to pay for that many flights). This puts a financial burden on myself on top of just paying for med school itself lol. Is this a good enough reason to get switched??
We all fly out of PHL airport unless you choose to fly out of others like Newark (NJ) or DC. Reading is about an hourish outside of Philly and there's an Amtrak shuttle that takes you to the airport train in Philly if you aren't able to carpool/drive to the airport around the break times. Lots of classmates who live in the area also take students to the airport on the way home, for example.

ETA: I want to emphasize that if you want to appeal for the campus change, you definitely should - trying at least means you have the chance. I just wanted to give context on the framing/reasoning you should approach that appeal with, from knowing what deans and students who have tried before have said.

Please tell me there will be more decisions this week because the next wave will be May 1st and idk if im even deferred at this point from mid Jan interview....so frustrating

Please tell me there will be more decisions this week because the next wave will be May 1st and idk if im even deferred at this point from mid Jan interview....so frustrating
Itā€™s a bit of a toss up whether theyā€™ll release more decisions this week or weā€™ll have to wait until next week. Iā€™m just basing this off of last yearā€™s thread, but either way, we just gotta wait and see what happens as the week goes by.

I donā€™t think there is a WL yet right? Itā€™s just deferred but later will turn into WL according to them
I feel like there's so much inconsistency in their timeline for decisions and the interview dates that hear back on release days. I bet some people are gonna get a WL email and then get in off the WL and some people will get deferred never receive a WL email and then get in off of being deferred. Given how many post-II decisions are left to come out, I kind of doubt we're all going to receive a mass email at the same time saying we're on the WL.

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like there's so much inconsistency in their timeline for decisions and the interview dates that hear back on release days. I bet some people are gonna get a WL email and then get in off the WL and some people will get deferred never receive a WL email and then get in off of being deferred. Given how many post-II decisions are left to come out, I kind of doubt we're all going to receive a mass email at the same time saying we're on the WL.
When I talked to admission staff over the phone, they said the class is almost full so next wave will probably be when people withdraw after the May 1st deadline.

Does anybody know if they have sent out decisions twice in a week before? (AKA Mon and Wed)

I'm going a little crazy here lol

forgot to mention I got the A yesterday around 5:30 pm, interviewed 1/13 and sent LOI

still pretty irritated to have been made to wait 15 weeks for an answer tho

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Does anyone know when the scholarship portal opens? I made an account but it looks like thereā€™s no scholarships.

is it better to be waitlisted or deferred? I got deferred in mid April but I don't know if I should have any hope for acceptance if I'm not on the waitlist.

Don't believe there is a waitlist currently, just think everyone is deferred as of now

But as someone above said, I believe the deferred list turns into a waitlist at some point, but we don't know when cuz drex is processing these applications slower than a turtle with shin splints

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
I admittedly don't know the answer to that. As far as I've seen on this thread tho, no one who's deferred has heard anything further on their app to this pt

There was one wave of defer to A in early Feb, that was it. If I have to guess they have not reviewed deferred applicants a second time yet, especially if you are deferred in the recent months

I have hopes šŸ„²

Is the scholarship portal empty for anyone else or just me?

Pre II R today after being put on hold in Nov

Dang they must be mad behind to be sending stuff on a saturday

Declined for financial reasons...hope the A can go to someone soon! Best of luck!

Reactions: 5 users
Also Withdrew today hoping to see a bunch of A's pour in after Monday.
I'll be attending a another in Philly tho, I hear med students from the diff Philly schools link up like once a month

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
What is the protocol for a LOI? Do I put it as an update letter in my portal and upload it?

What is the protocol for a LOI? Do I put it as an update letter in my portal and upload it?
I called them about this and according to them, you could do it in one of two ways. You could either email it directly to the admissions office using the email found on the front page of the portal or you can upload it onto the portal as an update since thatā€™s the best designation out of the other preset designations as long as the file name clearly shows that it is a LOI.

I am headed to West Reading campus this Fall!...wondering if there is a facebook group just for WR yet (definitely looking for room mates)? Also, been pending acceptance to the DUCOM 27 facebook for two weeks, is that normal? Would love to know any info about WR esp about housing and community!

Withdrew my application today. Best of luck everyone!

Hey yā€™all! I made a GroupMe for the West Reading campus so we can arrange and discuss housing, roommates, and the community!

You're invited to my new group 'DUCOM West Reading c/o 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

To all those on the waitlist, I hope your tremendous patience will be rewarded very soon. We are all worthy to be the best doctors we can be. Iā€™m proud of us :)

Most likely decisions tomorrow and onwards
Probably. Iā€™m thinking that they are seeing who is withdrawing their application here after today and then they can start making decisions for those of us who are still waiting and hopefully those who are currently deferred

Just got deferred today which is weird cause I figured at this point it was A/WL/R for everyone. Interviewed Feb 20 IS

At this point I think they will just release regular post-II decisions until late May. Not expecting any defer or WL movement until then.

At this point I think they will just release regular post-II decisions until late May. Not expecting any defer or WL movement until then.
On the sdn page from last year the first reported defer/WL movement was June 21st, but Iā€™m praying they have a little faster pace this year haha. Hopefully late May is a reasonable expectation

On the sdn page from last year the first reported defer/WL movement was June 21st, but Iā€™m praying they have a little faster pace this year haha. Hopefully late May is a reasonable expectation
Weā€™ll all go to Philly and sit in front of the HSB and eat some cheesesteaks from Dalessandroā€™s until they finish releasing decisions and begin WL movement

Reactions: 4 users
Weā€™ll all go to Philly and sit in front of the HSB and eat some cheesesteaks from Dalessandroā€™s until they finish releasing decisions and begin WL movement
I think we might have time to hit a few cheesesteak spots haha

A yesterday late afternoon. Good luck to all and hang in there!