2022-2023 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Not to sound awfully neurotic, but does anyone know when results were announced last year? The post-interview information session said the first day results will be released is 10/15 and I was just wondering if anyone knew at around what time? I just don’t want to be repeatedly checking and nail biting all day
In the post-interview session they did say that because 10/15 is a Saturday, we can probably expect to hear back the following Monday, so 10/17.

Members don't see this ad.

I saw my decision on the portal after midnight on 10/15!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got accepted!!!! I’M CRYING!!! THICCY OUT!! THICCY OUT!!
You deserve this more than anyone I know thiccy! Thank you for all you do for our community. Congrats future doc :)

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED!!! Interviewed 9/26, complete 7/12, LM 74, ORM, OOS for reference. This is my first A!!!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
okay, I still don't have one yet then I guess. Still says my app is "submitted". Have to keep waiting I guess! Anyone else still not have one?

Also congrats Thiccy! So happy for you
I don't have one either :( hopefully this doesn't mean probable waitlist/rejection

Members don't see this ad :)
okay, I still don't have one yet then I guess. Still says my app is "submitted". Have to keep waiting I guess! Anyone else still not have one?

Also congrats Thiccy! So happy for you
Thank you! Also I just got the email saying I’m accepted
1665841713382.png
1665841736223.png

A via email just now. First MD acceptance!
Interviewed week of 9/19. OOS LM mid 70s.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
In the post-interview session they did say that because 10/15 is a Saturday, we can probably expect to hear back the following Monday, so 10/17.
So happy to be corrected about this, I got the acceptance via email this morning!! Interviewed 8/31, LM mid 70s, ORM. My first A!!!

• Love
Just to help others, I couldn't figure out the login but on outlook make sure to write "[email protected]" as your username, and don't forget the @creighton.edu part.

Just to help others, I couldn't figure out the login but on outlook make sure to write "[email protected]" as your username, and don't forget the @creighton.edu part.

Don’t think the $100 deposit is up for submission yet, atleast for me, is it for you?

Reactions: 1 user
Accepted this morning!!! OOS, interviewed 9/1, 3.9 + 516

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed 9/28 and they told me I should get a decision today. I havent gotten anything. Should I be worried?

Last edited:
I interviewed 9/28 and they told me I should get a decision today. I havent gotten anything. Should I be worried?
I interviewed 9/19 and also haven't heard anything. I don't know what it means but I'm really stressed out and trying to brace myself for the worst :/

Very conversational, be yourself, has little impact on your "score" and stack ranking of candidates, but if you say something offensive can result in a rejection.
You mean the interview has less weight than the rest of your application?

Don’t think the $100 deposit is up for submission yet, atleast for me, is it for you?
It worked for me after I clicked into homepage and logged in using the outlook sign in. Just follow the instructions on the pdf and make sure to activate your net ID through ami.creighton.edu first.

It worked for me after I clicked into homepage and logged in using the outlook sign in. Just follow the instructions on the pdf and make sure to activate your net ID through ami.creighton.edu first.
Have you received any sort of confirmation after submitting the deposit? My new inbox is still empty...

Just to confirm before I drop $100, the deposit for your acceptance is refundable until April 30th correct?

Anyone get any confirmation yet for submitting acceptance form and deposit $?

I remember they were saying there would be an admitted students day during Thanksgiving break to visit the campus. Does anyone know where to find this info?
Here are the dates I got from their interview Q&A ppt:
Phoenix: 11/18, 2/3, 4/20
Omaha: 11/18, 3/10, 4/20

I'm not sure where to sign up for it? I'd talk with admissions for more info. They might not have released that info yet considering As were just given out.

I emailed admissions about the acceptance form. Even without the confirmation email, they told me that all of my "boxes are checked" (form, payment, campus preference, etc.) except for my final transcript which isn't due until July 15th. The payment confirmation might take several days. Also, they said that registration for later dates for admitted student days will open at a later time and that the current link for registration is for the 11/18 date only.

Do you guys know where to find interviewer emails?
I was told to send them to the main admissions email and they will forward them. The lady was super sweet and told me who was interviewing me right before I went into the room.

You mean the interview has less weight than the rest of your application?
Yes, of course. The most important part of the application is your stats. Medical school is really, really hard. College organic chem at a rigorous, competitive university is just a warm-up for organic chem in med school. Anatomy etc. are also rigorous. The interview generally does not move you in your scoring and stack ranking upwards on the ladder. The interview is, in my opinion doing two things: ensuring you have the interpersonal communication, and language skills to effectively interact with peers and patients. Along with ensuring you are not arrogant, boastful, vulgar or foul mouthed. In addition, the student interviewer and somewhat the faculty interviewer are ambassadors for the school and are in a sense promoting and selling their institution to you. R's after interviews are very rare. Generally because of a reason previously mentioned or the candidate failed to meet a course requisite of conditional admission like taking physics, orgo, med stats etc. at all or if it is done prior to admission it was not from a rigorous, credible university or college.

• Hmm
Yes, of course. The most important part of the application is your stats. Medical school is really, really hard. College organic chem at a rigorous, competitive university is just a warm-up for organic chem in med school. Anatomy etc. are also rigorous. The interview generally does not move you in your scoring and stack ranking upwards on the ladder. The interview is, in my opinion doing two things: ensuring you have the interpersonal communication, and language skills to effectively interact with peers and patients. Along with ensuring you are not arrogant, boastful, vulgar or foul mouthed. In addition, the student interviewer and somewhat the faculty interviewer are ambassadors for the school and are in a sense promoting and selling their institution to you. R's after interviews are very rare. Generally because of a reason previously mentioned or the candidate failed to meet a course requisite of conditional admission like taking physics, orgo, med stats etc. at all or if it is done prior to admission it was not from a rigorous, credible university or college.
6xx729.jpg

Reactions: 9 users
What a great, wholesome thread. Out of curiosity, does anyone have financial information on CUSOM? e.g. IS vs OOS tuition?

Specifically, does anyone know about the dual-degree MD/PhD financial aspects? Is there a stipend? Tuition coverage? Would be helpful to compare to other programs. The dual-degree page is pretty lacking in terms of FAQ, information, etc. on their website.

What a great, wholesome thread. Out of curiosity, does anyone have financial information on CUSOM? e.g. IS vs OOS tuition?

Specifically, does anyone know about the dual-degree MD/PhD financial aspects? Is there a stipend? Tuition coverage? Would be helpful to compare to other programs. The dual-degree page is pretty lacking in terms of FAQ, information, etc. on their website.
As Creighton is a private medical school, IS and OOS tutition are the same.

Love the meme! By stats I meant MCAT and GPA are more important than the interview, not a stats class per say. Out of a class of 140, maybe 5 or 6 students will determine medical school is not for them at the start of the year, by the end of the second module. AVG MCAT and GPA acceptance scores at Creighton are high enough to position for, but not guarantee academic success. The remaining students, after the first couple months will generally go on to finish their education. Matriculants to Omaha will be educated in a really cool, shiny new, cutting-edge medical school.

II received! Complete 08/01

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
If we interviewed last week, how soon do u think we will hear back?
At the wrap up session on Friday (10/21) they said our files will be going to the committee on Thursday (10/27) and that the earliest we can hear back is (10/31) but that's not guaranteed. They did say that we will hear back before 11/18 because the first in-person "second look" is on 11/18 so If I had to take a guess based on what they said, I think we will likely hear back by 11/10 :)

Do we think they are still interviewing? I submitted my application late. Early oct and don't know if I have a chance

I had a dream Creighton gave me an A :p, which was weird cause they haven't given me an II yet, but I will take it

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I had a dream Creighton gave me an A :p, which was weird cause they haven't given me an II yet, but I will take it

I had something similar for another school last night. Maybe we’re dream buddies??

• Care
Do we think they are still interviewing? I submitted my application late. Early oct and don't know if I have a chance

I would be shocked if they don't interview for at least another few months. Or I guess at least I hope they do.. based on recent II I saw here they're only inviting August 2º now