2023-2024 Creighton

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ACCEPTANCE! Saw it on CYMS, hopefully for the phoenix campus!
thank you message gone! interviewed week of 2/19 for phoenix campus, no admitted students day invite :')

edit: nothing in cyms either :,,)

Members don't see this ad.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
I know this has been asked multiple times and I saw a Facebook group exists but is there a GroupMe for Omaha admitted students?

I know this has been asked multiple times and I saw a Facebook group exists but is there a GroupMe for Omaha admitted students?
You will get an email from the admissions office about Facebook and GroupMe for both campuses after the acceptance. It can take a few weeks, in my case it took three weeks after being accepted to get these links in an email from admissions.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
will they have another admitted students day? or is april 6 the last one - its too soon of a turn around for me so i unfortunately cant make this one :(

Hey everyone!

Congrats to all of you who have received interviews or acceptances so far at Creighton during this cycle!! As you probably know, it is such an incredible achievement to even enter into this unforgiving process in the first place. I remember just how stressful these months likely have been and will continue to be for each and every one of you, but please continue to stay strong through it all. There is light at the end of the tunnel 😊

I am currently an M1 at Creighton SOM, and I honestly could not be happier to have picked this school as the place I will be spending the next few years of my life. I have many friends from undergrad who currently attend different medical schools throughout the country, and please believe me when I tell you that compared to others, Creighton fosters a far more stress-free and collaborative environment which has been such a blessing for my wellbeing amidst the inherent pressures of school. You will not regret your choice to attend here.

One of the first hurdles of your medical school journey will of course be finding housing, so in anticipation of some of y’all’s commitments to Creighton, I wanted to quickly plug my wonderful house as an option to consider!! The Creighton Phi Chi Medical Fraternity is a co-ed living community that includes students in all four years of medical school who will quickly become your best friends and serve as your mentors as you grow into your new home. We are like a big happy family living together in a huge mansion located a mere block away from the famous Blackstone district in Omaha. Some of my favorite parts of living here have been coming back home from class to a yummy dinner made by a different one of my roommates each and every night, and eating all together at the dining table to exchange laughter and stories from the day. I cannot imagine how much more difficult my adjustment to medical school would have been had I not been surrounded by these housemates of mine. Plus, we have by far the cheapest rent in all of Omaha --- and even better, we have our food budget included in our rent, so you won’t even have to pay for your meals if you live here!!

If you want to make the most out of your transition into medical school, please consider living at Phi Chi. If interested or if you have any questions, feel free to send us an email at [email protected]! The house application as well as other information can be found under the APPLY tab of our website www.creightonphichi.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the Spring and Summer. We look forward to hearing from you all soon!!!
Phi Chi medical fraternity will be hosting another open house for this upcoming accepted student day on April 6th! Feel free to stop by between 1-3pm to speak to some of our members and hear about living at the house. If you have any questions please reach out to [email protected]. We look forward to meeting those of you who can make it!!

Thank you msg disappeared this morning (4/5)
Interview week 2/26
No emails or CYMS updates

Thank you msg disappeared this morning (4/5)
Interview week 2/26
No emails or CYMS updates
Same thing happened to me, message disappeared Friday morning, then CYMS message popped up Saturday mid day

Did anyone go to the admitted students day today? Any important information that I missed? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone go to the admitted students day today? Any important information that I missed? Thanks!

Scholarship notifications will be sent out via email by next week on Wednesday.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how many they take from the waitlist? Also, they said to send an update by the first week of May. Are we supposed to submit an update letter before May 1st then?

Does anyone know how many they take from the waitlist? Also, they said to send an update by the first week of May. Are we supposed to submit an update letter before May 1st then?
they took 40-50 from the WL last year (met w admin and that’s what they said) but it depends on the year and movement. and they said plan on submitting update first week of may but i’ll probs submit end of april just to be safe - they meet may 9th tho to review the WL. best of luck to everyone on the waitlist! we got this!

they took 40-50 from the WL last year (met w admin and that’s what they said) but it depends on the year and movement. and they said plan on submitting update first week of may but i’ll probs submit end of april just to be safe - they meet may 9th tho to review the WL. best of luck to everyone on the waitlist! we got this!
do you know how many people get waitlisted?

they waitlist pretty much everyone who isn’t accepted post interview
they do waitlist pretty much everyone who doesn’t get an A but i read somewhere that 87-90% of people who interview at creighton get into another MD school. so a lot of people drop the WL / choose other schools.

they do waitlist pretty much everyone who doesn’t get an A but i read somewhere that 87-90% of people who interview at creighton get into another MD school. so a lot of people drop the WL / choose other schools.
So how many people do they interview? just wanted to figure out percentage. oooooh interesting where did you see that stat?

Acceptance today! Silly question but how did you all know which campus it is?

Reactions: 1 users
Acceptance today! Silly question but how did you all know which campus it is?
They told us at the interview that they rarely ever put someone on the campus they didn’t select as preferred. They said maybe once in the last few years so it’s likely the one you selected. also congrats!!!!!!

Could any current students share how often they have to be on campus? Are lectures recorded to allow for asynchronous learning?

Could any current students share how often they have to be on campus? Are lectures recorded to allow for asynchronous learning?
not a current student, but at the Phoenix campus admitted students day both the professors and students said lectures are recorded and most students do asynchronous learning

Received the magis scholarship today, which is a one year non renewable 10k award. Unfortunately doesn’t make much of a dent in the massive amount of money an MD cost, but I am appreciative of Creighton for showing me some love.

Reactions: 3 users
Received the magis scholarship today, which is a one year non renewable 10k award. Unfortunately doesn’t make much of a dent in the massive amount of money an MD cost, but I am appreciative of Creighton for showing me some love.
Did they email or call?

Got an email from Creighton right now about the financial aid process and that all available scholarships have been awarded. They will reaward those scholarships if the recipients withdraw from the school. But reawarding will probably occur after April 30th.

Got an email from Creighton right now about the financial aid process and that all available scholarships have been awarded. They will reaward those scholarships if the recipients withdraw from the school. But reawarding will probably occur after April 30th.
Same feelsbadman

What are the normal scholarship amounts that Creighton hands out. The only way I would consider picking Creighton over my state school was if they give me a 15k/year scholarship but i dont know how rare that actually is to expect
I do not think they give any that large for incoming students. In the pre-interview financial video they go through the three scholarships if you want more info. There may be other ones but i think most scholarships are for M3-4s.

What are the normal scholarship amounts that Creighton hands out. The only way I would consider picking Creighton over my state school was if they give me a 15k/year scholarship but i dont know how rare that actually is to expect
And the email we received today stated they already finished sending out scholarships. In case anyone declines their scholarship, they will reoffer to another student but this most likely won’t happen until after April 30

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
Withdrew my acceptance - good luck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 4 users
Withdrew my A yesterday. As a catholic, I really liked the school's mission. Good luck to those on the WL!

For those who have withdrawn, did you just send an email to admissions? I don’t see any options in the application portal to withdraw.

Since there are multiple places for LOIs and updates, do you guys think I should separate my updates from the LOI part? All the guides for LOIs say to put updates into the same letter so I’m not sure what to do

Since there are multiple places for LOIs and updates, do you guys think I should separate my updates from the LOI part? All the guides for LOIs say to put updates into the same letter so I’m not sure what to do
I submitted separate LOIs and updates; my interviewer recommended separate updates as they considered it to show greater interest? Not sure if that was just my interviewer; but I got accepted for whatever that is worth. I was also confused re: all the guides for LOIs

I submitted separate LOIs and updates; my interviewer recommended separate updates as they considered it to show greater interest? Not sure if that was just my interviewer; but I got accepted for whatever that is worth. I was also confused re: all the guides for LOIs
thanks for your input. There are websites about waitlists and they provided guides/advice on how to structure an LOI. Sorry for the confusion

thanks for your input. There are websites about waitlists and they provided guides/advice on how to structure an LOI. Sorry for the confusion
No i meant I was confused from creighton’s structuring of updates!! You made sense :) - good luck!

Withdrew my A right now by email, Omaha campus. I thoroughly enjoyed learning about this school this cycle and think it is a fantastic medical school. I wish all of you best of luck, especially those on the WL.

Edit: Waiting to get my $100 deposit back.