2022-2023 Commonwealth (Geisinger)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Today is the big day! MMI format, but I signed a document saying I wouldn't discuss the MMI questions. However, I will share information regarding admissions and financial aid (such as how many II were given last year and how many A's) if that information is given! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
Today is the big day! MMI format, but I signed a document saying I wouldn't discuss the MMI questions. However, I will share information regarding admissions and financial aid (such as how many II were given last year and how many A's) if that information is given! :)
If you could find out how many IS and OOS acceptances were offered, so to calculate their post-II A %'s, you'd be a rockstar!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Admissions meet twice a month. Decisions announced after Oct 15th. Can be accepted, rejected, or held to review. Held to review means that you will be continuously reviewed and compared to other interviewees throughout the year for admissions or rejections. Admissions will be emailed and sent out in the AMPS sessions. In person recruitment days begin in Oct, Nov, and Jan.
Admitted student day will be held in March.
Abigail scholars (if selected) will interview traditionally for the scholarship and will be given additional information regarding the scholarship at a later date.
No information was given about OOS or IS II or A/R's (even when asked). Sorry y'all! And for those who interviewed with me today: Y'all looked great, were sweet, and did fantastic. I love y'all! <3

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
IS, completed 7/22 but still no II. Anyone on the same boat?

Same bro...theres hundreds of us who are in the same boat tbh
I thought I never received anything from Geisinger, so I check the portal and it says I did. I probably scheduled my interview a month late at this point and now the earliest availability is January 6th, bummer but w/e

can you check spam/promotions/social/other tabs to verify if we need to check the portal? LOL thank you

it really annoys me that some schools wont have the decency to email us.
Nope, nothing ever arrived to my inbox. The communications status on the portal says the last email sent to me was to say "Application Complete" after submitting secondary prompts. I would keep an eye on the portal just in case.

Nope, nothing ever arrived to my inbox. The communications status on the portal says the last email sent to me was to say "Application Complete" after submitting secondary prompts. I would keep an eye on the portal just in case.
Could you clarify what you meant by "I never received anything from Geisinger, so I check the portal and it says I did." and "The communications status on the portal says the last email sent to me was to say "Application Complete"? Does the portal add an "Interview Scheduling" section if you're invited?

Reactions: 2 users
can you check spam/promotions/social/other tabs to verify if we need to check the portal? LOL thank you

it really annoys me that some schools wont have the decency to email us.
For what its worth, I definitely got an email from them when they sent my II. I'd search all of those folders for anything from their admissions email

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought I never received anything from Geisinger, so I check the portal and it says I did. I probably scheduled my interview a month late at this point and now the earliest availability is January 6th, bummer but w/e
Earliest available is already January? Wow.

Anyone know how many MMI stations and how long each one is?

All of the interview times are EST correct? I somehow just realized this.

II today! OOS completed 7/23. The earliest available interview slot is 1/20.

Anyone know if it’s better to schedule for the AM or PM interview?

II today! OOS completed 7/23. The earliest available interview slot is 1/20.

Anyone know if it’s better to schedule for the AM or PM interview?
I did PM, done around 7-7:30. Keep in mind youre more likely to have more clinical faculty conducting your MMI station in the PM sessions as AM is usually when they're busy with clinic and other responsibilities

Did anyone else recieve anything in the mail from this school? I just got an informational packet in the mail about the scholars program (no II for me yet). Good luck to everyone on their interviews!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone else recieve anything in the mail from this school? I just got an informational packet in the mail about the scholars program (no II for me yet). Good luck to everyone on their interviews!!!
I received it and was complete end of July. No II however. Did everyone who received it also apply to the Abigail Geisinger scholar's program?

I received it and was complete end of July. No II however. Did everyone who received it also apply to the Abigail Geisinger scholar's program?
Can't speak for everyone but I applied to the Abigail Geisinger Scholars program and got the booklet a few days ago. I was complete begining of August but haven't recieved an II yet.

Do they usually fill up their II slots early in the cycle? I'm getting so nervous lol Would really love to go here

Ok that makes me believe it was marketing materials sent to everyone who applied to the scholar's program
This is what I think it was. I got it as well with no II

Do they usually fill up their II slots early in the cycle? I'm getting so nervous lol Would really love to go here

Have the same concern, would it be worth sending an update letter sooner (in Sept) rather than later?

That Geisinger Interview was FULL of technical difficulties

And another counter example, I applied for the Scholars program but haven't received any materials. Is there anything interesting that isn't on the website ? Seems like a great program.
It truly seems like a great opportunity. I think the materials sent are also available as a pdf on the website... I didn't learn anything terribly new from the materials. But they are aesthetically pleasing :)

Just received a pre-II R. A bit disappointing, but the journey to a white coat still continues. Wishing everyone here the best!

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Just got the post secondary R.

• Care
When were you guys complete (as in when did you submit secondaries)? And did you have your Preview scores when submitting secondary or did you receive the R without it?

When were you guys complete (as in when did you submit secondaries)? And did you have your Preview scores when submitting secondary or did you receive the R without it?
Completed on 7/4. My Preview exam was on 6/22 and I got my score on 7/27

Anyone who got pre-II R mind sharing stats?
OOS, 509 MCAT, 3.9X GPA, ~2000+ hours of ongoing clinical experience, ~2600 hours of research (2 publications), ~200+ hours of ongoing community service, and an avid enthusiast of film

OOS, 509 MCAT, 3.9X GPA, ~2000+ hours of ongoing clinical experience, ~2600 hours of research (2 publications), ~200+ hours of ongoing community service, and an avid enthusiast of film
If it's any consolation, Geisinger seems to be the only Pennsylvanian allopathic medical school that has any semblance of a true in-state bias.

Reactions: 3 users
If it's any consolation, Geisinger seems to be the only Pennsylvanian allopathic medical school that has any semblance of a true in-state bias.
You’re right about that. Last cycle, about an equal number of applicants were interviewed, but there were more in-state applicants that were accepted than out-of-state applicants. Nonetheless, the cycle continues and our spirits remain strong