2022-2023 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is there an accepted student gc? Wondering if there’s anything that needs to be done after signing declaration of intent?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today! I'm OOS, ORM, LM 75 WARS 80, complete 8/7. Received by email @Bob2001 . There were two options for interviews, one date in early January and the other in late January.

Reactions: 1 users
II today! OOS, ORM, MCAT: 515+, GPA: 3.8+, complete 8/3.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who was complete in November received an II, wondering if I dropped the ball by submitting so late...

Does RFU have an acceptance deposit/fee? And do you forfeit it if you don't end up attending?

Cancelled my interview for the end of January. Hopefully someone else worthy gets it! Best of luck future docs!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who interviewed in November or December receive a decision yet?

is there gonna be a second look day or does rfu only do the open house days?
i had emailed admissions and they said they were planning for two accepted student days for cms in march and april but nothing was official yet

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
A! Posted on portal, received email to check it. Interviewed 12/6!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Placed as an alternate, crushing (12/6 Interview). Would anyone know a timeline or what to expect for this? Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.

Placed as an alternate, crushing (12/6 Interview). Would anyone know a timeline or what to expect for this? Fingers crossed and good luck to everyone.
No WL movement yet (interviewed in September and waitlisted October). Last year, the first WL movement was in January and it ramped up until the end of the cycle, so hopefully, we'll start hear something this month.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Accepted yesterday! Interviewed 11/28! Did anyone receive a weird background check email today by chance?

Decided today to withdraw my application to this school. Hoping my II spot finds its way to one of you!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
It's almost impossible to tell when you'll hear back. Could be as early as a month, or it could be in the summer. All I know is that there's a decent amount of waitlist movement. About half of us received our one and only acceptance from CMS.

It's almost impossible to tell when you'll hear back. Could be as early as a month, or it could be in the summer. All I know is that there's a decent amount of waitlist movement. About half of us received our one and only acceptance from CMS.
Thanks for this.

I interviewed 11/29 and still haven't received an email (no decision on the portal either). Should I wait another week, or should I send an email (maybe they forgot by mistake)?

I interviewed 11/29 and still haven't received an email (no decision on the portal either). Should I wait another week, or should I send an email (maybe they forgot by mistake)?
No news is good news my friend. Better than rejection and waitlist I'd say?

In the portal, when I click on "Chicago Medical School Supplemental Application" it takes me to an error message that says "Registration is no longer available because the registration deadline has passed," instead of showing me what I submitted.

Is that happening to everyone who submitted and hasn't heard back yet? I assume it's because the secondary deadline has passed, but I thought it was a little strange.

In the portal, when I click on "Chicago Medical School Supplemental Application" it takes me to an error message that says "Registration is no longer available because the registration deadline has passed," instead of showing me what I submitted.

Is that happening to everyone who submitted and hasn't heard back yet? I assume it's because the secondary deadline has passed, but I thought it was a little strange.
Mine also says this and I haven't heard back yet. Complete mid August.

Pre-II R, complete 12/1 so wasn’t expecting much.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Anyone else been complete silence since early aug .. sad but happy for all yall with iis and a's!

• Care
Reactions: 12 users
Hey applicants!

It's been a few years, but I usually try to drop in on this thread.

I went here. I'm a PGY2 anesthesia resident who went here. Matched my #1.

Was a non-trad.

My info isn't as up to date as current students, but I'm still happy to answer any questions.

I also have no reason not to tell the truth. Fire away.

Good luck!

II today. There were interview dates still available in January and February.

II just now!!!! I sent an email expressing my interest yesterday and I got the II today!!!!!! I'm so pumped, I know two current students and they love it!
Where did you send the update too? I thought they didn't accept updates

II just now!!!! I sent an email expressing my interest yesterday and I got the II today!!!!!! I'm so pumped, I know two current students and they love it!
Congratulations!! Did you receive an email? Or did you see it in the portal?

Hey applicants!

It's been a few years, but I usually try to drop in on this thread.

I went here. I'm a PGY2 anesthesia resident who went here. Matched my #1.

Was a non-trad.

My info isn't as up to date as current students, but I'm still happy to answer any questions.

I also have no reason not to tell the truth. Fire away.

Good luck!
Hello!!!

Thank you so much for offering to answer questions :)

1) How was your general experience of the school in terms of workload, student-body culture (i.e. collaborative/non-collaborative), and support you received from the school throughout your years there? If you had any friends who went to other med schools, how do you think your experience generally compared to theirs?
2) How was it living in North Chicago for the first two years? I'm worried it'll feel super isolating even with other students on campus + I won't have a life outside of school :/
3) How did you feel about not having a home hospital for third year?
4) Congrats on matching your #1! I wanted to ask what the matching process was like, and what role you think CMS played in matching your top choice (i.e. did they provide a lot of support, or do you think you had to jump through lots of hoops to get to where you are now)?
5) If you had to choose, would you go to CMS again?

Thank you so much again!! I really appreciate it! If some of the questions are similar, feel free to combine your responses to them!!

Hello!!!

Thank you so much for offering to answer questions :)

1) How was your general experience of the school in terms of workload, student-body culture (i.e. collaborative/non-collaborative), and support you received from the school throughout your years there? If you had any friends who went to other med schools, how do you think your experience generally compared to theirs?
2) How was it living in North Chicago for the first two years? I'm worried it'll feel super isolating even with other students on campus + I won't have a life outside of school :/
3) How did you feel about not having a home hospital for third year?
4) Congrats on matching your #1! I wanted to ask what the matching process was like, and what role you think CMS played in matching your top choice (i.e. did they provide a lot of support, or do you think you had to jump through lots of hoops to get to where you are now)?
5) If you had to choose, would you go to CMS again?

Thank you so much again!! I really appreciate it! If some of the questions are similar, feel free to combine your responses to them!!
1. Our class was very collaborative. The first two years are true Pass/Fail which I think prevented any toxic gunner BS. It was definitely one of the strengths of the program.

2. I lived in Navy housing and was pretty happy with it. There was probably more community if you live in woodlands or student housing, but I never felt isolated. You'll make friends quickly. North Chicago doesn't have much, but many of the surrounding communities have plenty to do. I'm not really a big city guy, so I didn't mind not being downtown for two years. If you are used to living in a big city, you may feel differently.

I had a few classmates who lived in the city all four years and commuted on the train for the first two years. But I wouldn't.

3. It was less of an issue than I thought it was. I lived near one of our bigger rotation sites and was able to do most of my rotations there. I got to know the hospital well and had a short commute.

The months where I had a long commute sucked, but it was less than half of the rotations for me.

I don't think not having a home program hurt me at all. If you are going for a highly competitive surgical subspecialty it will probably make things harder not having a home program.

4. I don't think they played any role at all in me matching here specifically. As far as I know I'm the only CMS person to attend my specific residency.

For the process itself I felt supported. I had a faculty member who used to be a PD help me edit my personal statement and they did practice interviews with me. I didn't have any trouble getting letters, etc. I'm sure you could get that most places though.

Definitely no extra hoops to jump through for the majority of us. I do have one friend who matched a very competitive surgical subspecialty who felt less supported because we did not have a home program. They were able to connect with a prior alumn in that field who helped them navigate it far more than the school was.

5. Absolutely. It's not perfect, but it got me to where I wanted to be.