2022-2023 Charles R. Drew University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anyone who recently sent an LOI get accepted? I wanna know if it’s worth the energy or not

I did not but I believe someone on #1334 did & recommended it.

I’m thinking more A’s will be sent over the next two days for y’all

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
For those that got accepted today, when did you submit your pre-req course checklist?

received my acceptance this morning around 9 am pst 😭

I delayed posting because my partner is a chismoso and he’s been neurotic like me checking sdn 😂 just finished celebrating with my fam

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 20 users
Congrats to everyone that’s gotten accepted so far!!!

Those that got accepted and sent a pre-req checklist, did you all receive a confirmation that they have been met or did you have to reach out and find out?

Congrats to everyone that’s gotten accepted so far!!!

Those that got accepted and sent a pre-req checklist, did you all receive a confirmation that they have been met or did you have to reach out and find out?
I reached out and found out, I also sent an LOI a week ago!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Those accepted today, did you receive the ‘congratulations’ acceptance email? or did they just email you a link to your WebAdmit?
Web admit and congratulations! I couldn’t find a payment link for the deposit, did anyone have this issue? :/

Last edited:
Web admit and congratulations! I couldn’t find a payment link for the deposit, did anyone have this issue? :/
I think it’s in a follow up email with acceptance letter. I got it next day after acceptance.

Happy Pi Day! Blaze Pizza has a $3.14 pizza deal today for those that have Blaze nearby lol

Reactions: 7 users
Congratulations everyone that got their acceptance! You should be incredibly proud of your efforts to reach this far! And to the nontrads that got that A, you are extraordinary! As a fellow nontrad I wish you the very best in your future as an incredible student doctor and future doctor! Know you are not alone! There is a lot us out here! You got this 💪.

To my fellow applicants that still haven’t gotten that A here or anywhere else. Know you are worth it. You will get that A. Maybe it will happen tomorrow or in a few weeks or maybe it will happen next application cycle. As a re-applicant, if you didn’t get in the first time, it doesn’t mean the end of the world or that you won’t ever get in. It just means not yet. Remember rejection means redirection. Please don’t ever give up! Your future patients need you, your community needs you, your future mentees need you, the next generation of little kids that are dreaming to be doctors need you to pave the way. Stay motivated! However you do it! I hope we all get in to CDU tomorrow! Good luck to you all! Wishing you nothing but greatness 🤎

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 20 users
I wonder if they will wait until tomorrow to send out the rest of the acceptances 😭. I checked my email around 12 pm (EST), hoping to have an email from CDU.

Reactions: 2 users
I wonder if they will wait until tomorrow to send out the rest of the acceptances 😭. I checked my email around 12 pm (EST), hoping to have an email from CDU.
+1 idk why but i feel like tomorrow will be R and WL ? :/

• Sad
Congrats everyone! For everyone still waiting, our time will come sooner or later.

However, I received an email from Dr. Loeza saying my LOI was received and she put a smiley emoji :)
Like ma'am, are you teasing me? 😅 So cryptic. But in all seriousness, I'm going to take it as a positive and just patiently refresh my email.

For those who got accepted can you see it on AMCAS choose medical school tool?

Congrats everyone! For everyone still waiting, our time will come sooner or later.

However, I received an email from Dr. Loeza saying my LOI was received and she put a smiley emoji :)
Like ma'am, are you teasing me? 😅 So cryptic. But in all seriousness, I'm going to take it as a positive and just patiently refresh my email.
Lol. Omgosh, she didn't even respond to mine. I'm jelllyyy lol.

Like ma'am, are you teasing me? So cryptic. But in all seriousness, I'm going to take it as a positive and just patiently refresh my email.

She responded to my LOI too! I hope that means something good

Reactions: 1 user
the 3/15 date they gave us feels like it has lost meaning given the rolling acceptances, i hope they stick to it regardless of what the decisions are.

Reactions: 4 users
the 3/15 date they gave us feels like it has lost meaning given the rolling acceptances, i hope they stick to it regardless of what the decisions are.
Aren't they supposed to send out at least 60 acceptances by tomorrow?

at least that is what I understand from reading this: Traffic Rules

Reactions: 3 users
Aren't they supposed to send out at least 60 acceptances by tomorrow?

at least that is what I understand from reading this: Traffic Rules
No, they have plenty of time.

• From October 15 to March 15, notify AMCAS within five business days of all admission actions, either written or verbal, that have been communicated to an applicant.
  • From March 16 to April 30, notify AMCAS within two business days of all admissions acceptance, withdrawal, or deferral actions, either written or verbal, that have been communicated to an applicant. All admission actions are listed and defined on the AAMC website.
  • From May 1 to the first day of class, notify AMCAS of all admissions actions within 24 hours.
  • Notify AMCAS of each student’s matriculation within 24 hours.

Basically after tomorrow they can still accept but they have two days to notify AMCAS rather than five. After May 1, they have 24 hours to notify AMCAS of anything. In other words, they can accept until the day before matriculation as long as they are communicating to AMCAS within the proper timeframe.

For example, let’s say you suddenly get accepted to another school you have more preference for. As soon as you notify CDU they have two days to notify AMCAS that you dropped and they sent an acceptance to a waitlisted candidate. March 15 is not an end all be all. If it were, what is the point of waitlists and interviewing though April?

Reactions: 1 user
Jk. Missed this part:

4. By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS.

Jk. Missed this part:

4. By March 15 of the matriculation year, issue a number of acceptance offers at least equal to the expected number of students in its first-year entering class and report those acceptance actions to AMCAS.
yeah I think it means they have to hand out 60 acceptances by tomorrow but that doesn't mean all 60 offers will be accepted.

However, maybe they have a special circumstance since they accepted applications so late?

Well, the "traffic rules" are just recommendations AAMC has for the programs

Per second paragraph:
"These guidelines are not intended to supersede the policies, timelines, or discretion of the individual schools or programs. The AAMC understands that an individual’s circumstances (e.g., delays in receiving financial aid offer or other compelling personal reasons) may warrant exception from one or more of the following protocols, and defers to each school’s judgment in such cases."

Basically,they can do what they want lol

Reactions: 3 users