2022-2023 Boston University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
pre II R complete 8/16

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R received today complete 9/14, nicest one I've received. 10/10 would get rejected again.

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
got an II this morning! Complete 8/15

Pre-II R! First one, so I'm super glad it was such a gentle letter

Do you guys think they've gotten to late August apps? (and I mean really late like 30th or 31st)

Pre II R after sending an update 2 days ago. Actually nice rejection letter 🤣 complete 8/25

Members don't see this ad :)
Got rejected. Complete 8/31 OOS.
Best of luck everyone. Honestly the closure is nice.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Thank you brave soldiers 🫡 I look forward to soon joining your Pre-II Ranks
IMG_1494.jpg

• Care
Pre-II R on 12/01, comp. on 8/04. R came less than a day after I uploaded an update letter hahahaha

At this point, I'm kinda tempted to submit an update letter to speed up my R😁

Has anyone other than myself sent an update a significant amount of time ago, and not received an R lmao. Beginning to wonder if they just never got my update and that's why I haven't gotten my R yet XDDD

If anyone wants to feel better just know I was dumb and thought I had submitted my secondary for BU already but in reality I hadnt and ended up submitting it today instead of back in September when I had paid my fees and completed all my essays 🤡🤡 most likely going to be an auto R but still no harm in trying 🤷‍♀️

Pre II R, completed 9/4. goodluck to everyone else still in the running!

Pre-II R here too. Complete 9/14. Y’all really weren’t kidding about BU having the sweetest rejection email aww

Pre-II R, complete 9/3. Long awaited of course haha good luck to all still in the running!

Pre-II R here too. Complete 9/14. Y’all really weren’t kidding about BU having the sweetest rejection email aww
someone copy/paste that email now I am curious pls

Last edited:
some copy/paste that email now I am curious pls

The Committee on Admissions of Boston University School of Medicine has completed its review of your application. It is with great regret that I inform you that we will be unable to offer an interview this year. This is a disappointment, as much for those who are responsible for the decision, as it may be for you.

Most of the candidates we are considering this year, like you, are qualified to attend medical school and are likely to make important contributions to our profession and to society. Sadly, with more than 100 applicants for every seat in the class, we are forced to decline many exceptional people.

We acknowledge and respect your accomplishments and recognize that our inability to offer you an opportunity to complete the admissions process is a loss for Boston University. Please accept our best wishes for all your future endeavors.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
The Committee on Admissions of Boston University School of Medicine has completed its review of your application. It is with great regret that I inform you that we will be unable to offer an interview this year. This is a disappointment, as much for those who are responsible for the decision, as it may be for you.

Most of the candidates we are considering this year, like you, are qualified to attend medical school and are likely to make important contributions to our profession and to society. Sadly, with more than 100 applicants for every seat in the class, we are forced to decline many exceptional people.

We acknowledge and respect your accomplishments and recognize that our inability to offer you an opportunity to complete the admissions process is a loss for Boston University. Please accept our best wishes for all your future endeavors.
Wow, that is a nice letter. Coming from a multi cycle reapplicant with MANY such letters.

Wow, that is a nice letter. Coming from a multi cycle reapplicant with MANY such letters.
Yeah I think the worst I've seen so far is:

"We regret that we cannot proceed with further consideration of your application for the Class of 2027. Potential reasons for the lack of an interview invitation may be due to several issues, including but not limited to the following: below average academic record (science GPA, overall GPA, MCAT total score, MCAT sub-section score), below-average mission-based activities, and deficits in the secondary application. This in no way implies that you are unsuited for a career in medicine, rather, it is an acknowledgment of certain constraints and realities in the admissions process at our medical school, which has received several thousand applications from very highly qualified applicants."

• Wow
Yeah I think the worst I've seen so far is:

"We regret that we cannot proceed with further consideration of your application for the Class of 2027. Potential reasons for the lack of an interview invitation may be due to several issues, including but not limited to the following: below average academic record (science GPA, overall GPA, MCAT total score, MCAT sub-section score), below-average mission-based activities, and deficits in the secondary application. This in no way implies that you are unsuited for a career in medicine, rather, it is an acknowledgment of certain constraints and realities in the admissions process at our medical school, which has received several thousand applications from very highly qualified applicants."
LOL idk why but this reminds me of the auto generated diagnoses at the top of an EKG.

"Abnormal EKG. Potential STEMI. Potential LBBB." Something to that effect.

• Haha
Hi all! For interviews, do you happen to know how many applicants will hear back in December versus being deferred to March?

Did everyone who got an R this cycle get this email too, or just the later rounds of R?

This slow release of rejections is so trash

Hi all! For interviews, do you happen to know how many applicants will hear back in December versus being deferred to March?
Also interested to hear… some people said that Dr. Gooddell indicated some people would definitely hear back before Christmas depending on their interview date but can this be verified?

Also interested to hear… some people said that Dr. Gooddell indicated some people would definitely hear back before Christmas depending on their interview date but can this be verified?
Current MS1 at BUSM. Can confirm A's are sent out in 2 batches: 1) In December before Xmas, typically early in the month (I believe on Fridays too but not 100% sure). 2) Final batch in March, then rest of the interviewees either placed on WL or R.

Few A's go out in December so don't lose hope if you don't get one this month post-II!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Current MS1 at BUSM. Can confirm A's are sent out in 2 batches: 1) In December before Xmas, typically early in the month (I believe on Fridays too but not 100% sure). 2) Final batch in March, then rest of the interviewees either placed on WL or R.

Few A's go out in December so don't lose hope if you don't get one this month post-II!
Thanks so much for the info! So it has nothing to do with interview date then in particular?

I never noticed the "interview scheduling" tab on the portal, just saw it and got my hopes up just for the message "you have not been invited for an interview yet" to be there lolllllll

• Haha