2022-2023 Albany

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Honestly, I’d assume post April will have the most movement for AL folks. We are in for a long ride
isnt 90% of the class from the waitlist? so wouldnt getting an A in april be really late?

Members don't see this ad.

isnt 90% of the class from the waitlist? so wouldnt getting an A in april be really late?
From my understanding (and someone correct me if I am wrong), Albany and many other schools are conservative with outright acceptances because they want to protect their yield rates. Albany is one of the schools that receive ridiculous amount of applications, so I think they also may want to review all applications/interviewees before making their final decision. They are probably waiting to see who drops their alternate status and who stays to make more concise decision.

Reactions: 1 users
How many (or few lol) people got a straight A after their interview?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed on 11/9, looks like only one person from that day. They say 90% of matriculants come off the alternate list. I'm just annoyed that the rank order is final and that they don't accept updates

Reactions: 2 users
How many (or few lol) people got a straight A after their interview?
I was fortunate to receive an A straight after mine around 3 weeks post-interview (Interviewd in October I believe). Although I echo hearing the same thing as many others that up to 90% of applicants are placed on the AL so if people are placed on it I wouldn't treat as any sort of negative indication.

It seems like most people were hearing back from their interviews after about 3 weeks. Has anyone who interviewed after 12/14 heard anything? I interviewed 12/16 and haven't heard anything.

It seems like most people were hearing back from their interviews after about 3 weeks. Has anyone who interviewed after 12/14 heard anything? I interviewed 12/16 and haven't heard anything.
Bruv...

Reactions: 5 users
Did you mean that you interviewed 11/16 and not 12/16 since 12/16 is today?

• Haha
Did you mean that you interviewed 11/16 and not 12/16 since 12/16 is today?
Yeah, my bad. I meant 11/14 and 11/16. Above, it looks Happy Bulbis interviewed 11/14 and heard back 12/09. I interviewed 11/16 and have heard nothing yet. So I was curious if anyone else around that timeframe had received a decision yet.

Yeah, my bad. I meant 11/14 and 11/16. Above, it looks Happy Bulbis interviewed 11/14 and heard back 12/09. I interviewed 11/16 and have heard nothing yet. So I was curious if anyone else around that timeframe had received a decision yet.
Interviewed 11/21 and also heard back 12/9 via email, looking forward to AL movement

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 11/14 and still haven’t heard back

Does anyone know of an accepted students facebook page or groupme?

Alternate List, interviewed 12/5

AL list yesterday, interviewed 11/16.

Reactions: 2 users
I was also wondering this! Do you think enough people have been accepted that maybe we can make a groupme?
Also wondering. I’m down for a discord or something. Groupme is too messy imo. Have you, or anyone else, checked out the videos from the past second look? The new curriculum looks solid!

Guys quick questions is no news good news??? I haven’t heard anything since august and I’m freaking out

Reactions: 4 users
Guys quick questions is no news good news??? I haven’t heard anything since august and I’m freaking out
Not “good” news but there’s still a chance. Interviews go out through April

Reactions: 7 users
ACCEPTED TODAY! Interviewed 12/07. This is my first acceptance and I am so incredibly happy!

Reactions: 10 users
ACCEPTED TODAY! Interviewed 12/07. This is my first acceptance and I am so incredibly happy!
Congratulations!!

On that note, has anyone heard of any waitlist movement since around Oct/Nov?

Congratulations!!

On that note, has anyone heard of any waitlist movement since around Oct/Nov?

Still waiting. Interviewed in early October and was placed on the waitlist mid October ish.

Hey, for those of you who have already interviewed, can you tell me what the "virtual Advising Dean's Presentation and Student Panel held on the Tuesday of your interview week" is like? Is it informal? Im asking because I won't be able to take off work, so I will just be attending in my break room and not in formal attire. Will that be okay?

Yup, this is totally OK. It's an informal session. First half one of the dean talks for a little bit about the school and distinction programs and culture and then he leaves and the student panel takes over, and the group can ask them any questions about student life, vibes in Albany, etc. Don't need to dress professionally for it and a bunch of people will have their cameras off. There's no attendance taken or anything.
Yup, for me they were both Q&A style, very informal. neither had a presentation or anything just there to answer our questions

Just got an Interview Invite this morning! Submitted 12/1/12…last day. Extremely excited since I’m hoping to attend a school outside of my state.

Last edited:
II yesterday evening 1/9/23, submitted 7/30/22. Will not be taking interview as I have withdrawn my application due to acceptance elsewhere, best of wishes to all!

II yesterday evening 1/9/23, submitted 7/30/22. Will not be taking interview as I have withdrawn my application due to acceptance elsewhere, best of wishes to all!
@Albany, y’all heard the man, he’s giving up his interview, gimme it pls

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
I was on their WL from October-July last year, I really hope to get a last min II this year

AL updates aren't accepted, right? Email says our position on the AL is final