2021-2022 Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine (NSU-KPCOM Clearwater)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think we should be listing here, they used the word list in both question suggesting that’s the format they are looking for.

I guess they wanted a simplified version of the primary, more organized as needed.
So basically a regurgitation of our resume. Kinda in that format?

Members don't see this ad.

How long is it taking people here typically between being verified for the school and getting the secondary? Verified yesterday, just wondering around when the secondary comes (I know it can be variable, maybe just a range)
Did you end up getting a secondary? I was verified 6/22 and still haven’t received one.

Did you end up getting a secondary? I was verified 6/22 and still haven’t received one.
I was verified on 6/15 and didn't get a secondary til 6/23

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I was verified 6/16 and still haven't received one. Will probably take a few extra days on my end so you probably have a week or so to go
Oh ok cool, it sounds like may just be running a little behind then.

for how did you learn about osteopathic medicine. can we talk about how we got exposed to medicine in general or does it have to be osteopathic? I don't really have a story specifically for osteopathic medicine :/

for how did you learn about osteopathic medicine. can we talk about how we got exposed to medicine in general or does it have to be osteopathic? I don't really have a story specifically for osteopathic medicine :/
Have you shadowed any DOs? If so you can talk about that experience and how you liked their whole-person philosophy.

I got a phone call from the school to tell me that my application was now complete and being forwarded to what I presume would be the committee that evaluates if they want to offer an interview invite

In the secondary, did you guys only have the option to select Fort Lauderlade? Mine is not showing the Clearwater campus
Same thing happened to me, but I'm thinking that doesn't really mean much right now

Stupid question. A DO degree is a professional degree and not a doctoral one right? :smack:

Members don't see this ad :)
oh shoot I chose Doctoral and submitted it 😭 but guys I searched their website look:
1625004188738.png

I should be fine right? :cryi:

For anyone who paid the secondary fee for NOVA, does your application on the secondary portal state that most of the items are not received yet? I am assuming after maybe 4-5 days they'll look at it (after paying secondary fee) and update this portal? Or is there an issue on my end? Thanks!
I just submitted and paid the secondary, and it says all of my things are missing as well!

oh shoot I chose Doctoral and submitted it 😭 but guys I searched their website look: View attachment 339645
I should be fine right? :cryi:
Honestly, I think you're fine no matter which one you chose. I said professional and submitted it and received a call that they have all the parts of my application and are reviewing it.

I just submitted and paid the secondary, and it says all of my things are missing as well!
I submitted 06/23 and I still haven’t gotten the confirmation call so you’re not alone. All my requirements are missing still.

Honestly, I think you're fine no matter which one you chose. I said professional and submitted it and received a call that they have all the parts of my application and are reviewing it.
Did you have to send in your transcript, MCAT, and recommendations directly to NOVA? Or did it eventually auto populate from AACOMAS?

Hey guys. I submitted my secondary over a week ago and it still says that my MCAT, letters, and primary app are not received yet. Is this normal? Or did you guys contact them about this and have it updated?

Hey guys. I submitted my secondary over a week ago and it still says that my MCAT, letters, and primary app are not received yet. Is this normal? Or did you guys contact them about this and have it updated?
I was gonna email them about it today and I submitted it two days ago. Have you emailed them yet? also, it says the transcripts need to be submitted to their website. did you guys do that or did it auto populate from accomas?

Did anyone have issues paying their application fee? I can't find a button to submit and pay but went through all of the steps last night! Tried talking to admissions and in my supplemental docs the application fee says received?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 4.45.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 4.45.34 PM.png
    122.2 KB · Views: 90
Try calling them. I called them yesterday about my applications and they called me back later in the day, marking me complete.

My items were not marked received for quite some time after submitting the secondary. However, the day they called and told me my application was complete was the day it changed to received. I think it is just manual processing at the speed of the admissions office.

My items were not marked received for quite some time after submitting the secondary. However, the day they called and told me my application was complete was the day it changed to received. I think it is just manual processing at the speed of the admissions office.
Yes I called yesterday and they told me that there is nothing I need to do on my end.
That being said, the official transcripts will come through AACOMAS right? We don't need to send it to them specifically?

Yes I called yesterday and they told me that there is nothing I need to do on my end.
That being said, the official transcripts will come through AACOMAS right? We don't need to send it to them specifically?
See I thought that was more of an "if you're accepted you will need to submit official transcripts," but I am not sure.

Mine haven't filled in yet either. And I submitted a few days ago.

I was gonna email them about it today and I submitted it two days ago. Have you emailed them yet? also, it says the transcripts need to be submitted to their website. did you guys do that or did it auto populate from accomas?
I ended up getting the call today. I think they just take a while to receive stuff. Like 1-2 weeks worth of time

Ya AACOMAS will send everything. You dont have to send anything directly to them. They just take 1-2 weeks to mark your file as complete

For this question on the secondary, "If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week." Does the "employment" they are referring to have to be paid, or should we mention unpaid research internships, leadership positions in clubs, etc?

Did anyone have issues paying their application fee? I can't find a button to submit and pay but went through all of the steps last night! Tried talking to admissions and in my supplemental docs the application fee says received?

Yes, I did as well. Called them and they said they’re aware of the issue.

For this question on the secondary, "If you were employed during the regular school year (excluding summers) while in undergraduate or graduate school, please list dates of employment beginning with your current position along with title or job description, level of responsibility, and number of hours per week." Does the "employment" they are referring to have to be paid, or should we mention unpaid research internships, leadership positions in clubs, etc?
Employment refers to paid positions

Yes, I did as well. Called them and they said they’re aware of the issue.
Did they tell you what to do to resolve it? I keep contacting them because I don't want this to impact my application from moving to the next steps

Just got a call from admissions saying that they have all my materials to begin reviewing my application.

Not sure why they called because I submitted AACOMAS with my MCAT and letter of recs submitted. I appreciated it though

Just got a call from admissions saying that they have all my materials to begin reviewing my application.

Not sure why they called because I submitted AACOMAS with my MCAT and letter of recs submitted. I appreciated it though
When did you submit your secondary? I submitted everything on 6/28 but I still haven't gotten a call or portal has updated with all the materials yet.

Hi guys, would you put volunteering in a undergraduate lab as a "healthcare related volunteer activity". It was something applicable to diabetes but on a very micro level, so I am not sure if I should put it.

When did you submit your secondary? I submitted everything on 6/28 but I still haven't gotten a call or portal has updated with all the materials yet.
hey have you received a call yet? I submitted on 6/29 but it's still telling me some things are not received even though I submitted everything

hey have you received a call yet? I submitted on 6/29 but it's still telling me some things are not received even though I submitted everything
I know this wasn’t directed at me, but I submitted 7/1 and nothing is checked off besides my secondary despite having sent everything in last week! I think they are just behind a little, it should be in soon.

• Care
Yeah I submitted on 6/28 and no call and the portal hasn't updated yet. So I feel you

• Care
I want to submit NOVA but I have no clue how to go about the "how did you learn about osteopathic medicine" q. I literally just know that its an alternate route to take. never shadowed a DO. i do have an interest in primary care/holistic healthcare, but not sure how to correlate to learning about DO. Any tips?

I want to submit NOVA but I have no clue how to go about the "how did you learn about osteopathic medicine" q. I literally just know that its an alternate route to take. never shadowed a DO. i do have an interest in primary care/holistic healthcare, but not sure how to correlate to learning about DO. Any tips?
Maybe do a little more research and answer the q the way you would if you were being asked in an interview.

Same on my portal too! I submitted secondary on 6/24! Nothing has been received yet. I called them today and they said it'll take approx 4 weeks to pull out from AACOMAS.

• Care
Same on my portal too! I submitted secondary on 6/24! Nothing has been received yet. I called them today and they said it'll take approx 4 weeks to pull out from AACOMAS.
Dang it's weird how some people are complete and some aren't.

So for those questions, we list the activities and sort of following this general format, if I am not mistaken?

(Job Title) Date-Date [Hours]
Description:

Also, can we classify shadowing for part b as the clinical volunteering experience? Most of my clinical experiences was paid scribe work so that would for sure be part of question c/part 3
Did you add any jobs for the next school year?

Anyone else get the phone call or complete email? I submitted a while ago and still nothing.

Does anyone know when interviews usually begin?