2021-2022 Mt. Sinai (Icahn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Woah, +1 II! Very surprised and excited :D

edit: complete 8/6

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
omg. cornell and now sinai. cannot say im not a lil jealous! congrats, I am sure it is well-deserved! :)
Haha, I'm in disbelief myself. Thank you so much, I wish you continued success as well!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
What interview dates are available right now?

Reactions: 1 user
Interview drought has ended!!!!!!

II MSTP

Complete 9/24

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
So…it looks like, barring a lot of exceptions, IIs go out on Wednesdays and Fridays. So I'm just going to ignore those exceptions and say tomorrow is logically the day another wave of IIs will come out. :|

• Love
  • Hmm
Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So…it looks like, barring a lot of exceptions, IIs go out on Wednesdays and Fridays. So I'm just going to ignore those exceptions and say tomorrow is logically the day another wave of IIs will come out. :|
This is the type of research we need 😤💯✊🏽

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
I looked at the portal and saw the option to upload an In the Area Request. Any idea on how much weight these carry?

I looked at the portal and saw the option to upload an In the Area Request. Any idea on how much weight these carry?
How would that even work now with all the interviews being virtual?

Reactions: 1 users
Icahn is 10 mins away from where I live so id like to know about this as well
It's a relic from when IIs were in person. Some schools, like Mt. Sinai, were open to accommodating you if you were coming in from out of town for another II, and would be receptive to either moving your II so you wouldn't have to make separate trips, or would even move up your review to maybe give you an II in time to be able to coordinate with the other school.

It means nothing in a world of virtual IIs, and is probably just there for when IIs go back to in person. In any case, it never meant anything for locals, since you are literally always ITA. :)

From my interview day I think I recall them saying they're releasing post-II decisions in January. Can someone confirm?

Hey guys, can anyone give me a sense of the vibe with regards to Mt. Sinai interviews? People that I know from Mt. Sinai generally say that the school is uptight AF and that interviews can be really stressful. Can anyone confirm or deny?

Hey guys, can anyone give me a sense of the vibe with regards to Mt. Sinai interviews? People that I know from Mt. Sinai generally say that the school is uptight AF and that interviews can be really stressful. Can anyone confirm or deny?
For me one was super chill, like actually one of the nicest faculty interviews u can imagine, and the second seemed like he was trying to grill me and stress me out so my guess is it can really go any way

My interviews were super chill / conversational! I really think it depends on what interviewer you get

My interviews were super chill / conversational! I really think it depends on what interviewer you get
For me one was super chill, like actually one of the nicest faculty interviews u can imagine, and the second seemed like he was trying to grill me and stress me out so my guess is it can really go any way
Thank you so much guys! Really appreciate it :)

All these emails from the admissions office talking about how awesome their program is make me wish it could be January already so I can find out if they want me or not

Does this school send Pre-II R's? I was complete late July and it has been radio silent.

Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R earlier today, complete 8/20. Good luck to everyone else still waiting to hear back!

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
Complete mid-July and haven't heard a peep. Not feeling too good tho ://

Reactions: 2 users
Received Pre-II R today. Secondary submitted early July

• Care
II received, complete early July! interview dates available for as early as next week

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
II received. complete end of June. OOS with no ties

So completely and utterly shocked

• Love
Pre-II R. Lizzy M 76, WARS 85 but low clinical and shadowing hours. Complete late August.

• Care
Hello. Has anyone sent letters of interest yet? I'm thinking about sending one. Do they accept interest letters?

Hello. Has anyone sent letters of interest yet? I'm thinking about sending one. Do they accept interest letters?
I sent a hefty update/letter of interest 1 week ago, nothing yet (uploaded on portal). Not sure if I should also notify over email

I sent a hefty update/letter of interest 1 week ago, nothing yet (uploaded on portal). Not sure if I should also notify over email
For what its worth, I sent an update pre-II and got an interview invite ~4 weeks later. Not sure if it had any effect but worth a shot!

• Love
For what its worth, I sent an update pre-II and got an interview invite ~4 weeks later. Not sure if it had any effect but worth a shot!
Thanks!! Did you send an email along with the upload or no? I'm leaning toward not doing so

Thanks!! Did you send an email along with the upload or no? I'm leaning toward not doing so
Also uploaded an update through portal only and got an II after! No email, no LOI, just a document with significant updates via portal

I like to vicariously live through @morningrnight. They are also so nice in all their posts, been a big fan since the start of this cycle. They definitely deserve it.
Came to talk about how I feel this school doesn’t actually exist and we are collectively hallucinating but saw we are stanning @Morningnight

Tbh I love them and I don’t know them in real life lol.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend though.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
Came to talk about how I feel this school doesn’t actually exist and we are collectively hallucinating but saw we are stanning @Morningnight

Tbh I love them and I don’t know them in real life lol.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend though.
Sending love and a happy holidays to everyone! It's crazy to think we're getting close to wrapping up the whirlwind that is 2021.

I just wrote an update letter and spelled Icahn as Ichan. Oops.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Pre-II R just now, complete 8/25. Was really starting to think this school didn't exist 😅

• Haha