2021-2022 Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM-Bradenton)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do application payments process over the weekends as well? I'm just getting a little frustrated with the portal system 😓

“the admission committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days”

rip
"Your application has been reviewed and put on “Hold” status. Please advise us, if you submit additional information to support your application."
mine today

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I wanted some insights on a situation I’m in:

I applied to LECOM-B as a reapplicant for this upcoming cycle and received my secondary application on 06/16. I then got an email from LECOM-B at 06/18 7:30 am that my secondary was processed and my application placed for review. I’m not even kidding at around 1:00 pm it said that the school already made a decision and to wait 30 days.

I know that these letters are probably a rejection letter, but I was curious how a decision was made that quickly.

I called the school and the representative told me that my file was still under review. So I have no idea what’s going on.

I do know that there has been a problem with the DO secondaries not being sent out. But I mean, for an application to be rejected that quickly definitely is concerning

one thing I did notice after I submitted the secondary for Bradenton was that the page said “due at April 15, 2021” maybe there might be a glitch?

Last edited:
In the AIS calculation they use your graduate GPA as well, correct?

“the admission committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days”

rip
I got the same thing yesterday. Stats were pretty decent with a science GPA of 3.96 and a MCAT of 506.
Maybe my experiences weren’t good enough? Or my personal statement? However, I still have hope and I’m not going to get bogged down on this decision until they officially reject me lol.

I got the same thing yesterday. Stats were pretty decent with a science GPA of 3.96 and a MCAT of 506.
Maybe my experiences weren’t good enough? Or my personal statement? However, I still have hope and I’m not going to get bogged down on this decision until they officially reject me lol.
I think that might be a very good sign, could have automatically suggested you towards interviews due to academics alone? I would be comfortable seeing that message.

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe our app was so attractive they just said immediate acceptance no interview just let them in

Reactions: 6 users
Submitted mine over 24 hrs ago and it still says “under review,” nothing about a decision being made yet. Huh

Reactions: 1 user
Submitted mine over 24 hrs ago and it still says “under review,” nothing about a decision being made yet. Huh

I think the weekend has a lot to do with it, I think that around Monday we might hear more news.

Hey everyone. I may have missed this, but do you know if it's possible to get a secondary if we're waiting for a new MCAT score?

" Your application has been reviewed and put on “Hold” status. Please advise us, if you submit additional information to support your application."

Does this mean I am out?

Members don't see this ad :)
" Your application has been reviewed and put on “Hold” status. Please advise us, if you submit additional information to support your application."

Does this mean I am out?
It means they may come back and review your application at a later time

Does this mean I am out?
They will come back to your app. Do you plan on retaking mcat or maybe grade update

They will come back to your app. Do you plan on retaking mcat or maybe grade update
No, I didn’t sign up for another MCAT nor am I doing any courses atm. Mainly just volunteering/working. Just feeling like they won’t look at my app again due to the sheer number of applicants :(

No, I didn’t sign up for another MCAT nor am I doing any courses atm. Mainly just volunteering/working. Just feeling like they won’t look at my app again due to the sheer number of applicants :(
If they do pre II Rs you would have gotten that instead if that were the case. You're still in the running

If they do pre II Rs you would have gotten that instead if that were the case. You're still in the running
That’s true, thanks for responding with logic tbh I can’t think straight rn just feeling lost 😭 but thank you 😊

Mine currently says
Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.

Mine currently says
Your application has been processed and will be sent to the Admissions Committee for further review. You will be notified as soon as a decision has been made.
I had a decision made a couple days ago but now it says

“we have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you

I had a decision made a couple days ago but now it says

“we have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin. You will be notified as updates are made. Thank you
Mine says that for LECOM-B but for Erie it says its "under review"

Yes, you can get a secondary without an MCAT score
Ah interestingly enough I got this email today: "LECOM Erie has received your AACOMAS Application; however, your application indicates that you scored below the 40th percentile when you took the MCAT, that you have a planned MCAT and have not received scores yet, or that you do not intend to take the MCAT. [...]
If you have a pending MCAT, and prefer to have your file reviewed when the new MCAT score is received, please do not apply with the AIS at this time. Your record will be reviewed when the new MCAT score is received. The last exam administration date LECOM will accept to consider your application for the current cycle is January of each year." So looks like maybe they're going to hold off on giving me a secondary :/?

I wonder if I should just upload an AIS Score? Mine came out to be 115 though, so I'm not sure it's competitive.

ETA: My MCAT is well above the 40th percentile and I am indeed waiting on a second score (due to release Jul. 7).

Last edited:
Ah interestingly enough I got this email today: "LECOM Erie has received your AACOMAS Application; however, your application indicates that you scored below the 40th percentile when you took the MCAT, that you have a planned MCAT and have not received scores yet, or that you do not intend to take the MCAT. [...]
If you have a pending MCAT, and prefer to have your file reviewed when the new MCAT score is received, please do not apply with the AIS at this time. Your record will be reviewed when the new MCAT score is received. The last exam administration date LECOM will accept to consider your application for the current cycle is January of each year." So looks like maybe they're going to hold off on giving me a secondary :/?

I wonder if I should just upload an AIS Score? Mine came out to be 115 though, so I'm not sure it's competitive.

ETA: My MCAT is well above the 40th percentile and I am indeed waiting on a second score (due to release Jul. 7).
IIRC, you can still get a secondary while they wait for the new MCAT score, but now that I think about it, I could be wrong. Luckily, July 7 is not too far out, so I’m sure once the score is released you’ll be getting a secondary shortly!

Bradenton does not have requirements for LOR, do you guys believe two science professors and two physicians will suffice? Let me know your thoughts before I submit, thanks!

Bradenton does not have requirements for LOR, do you guys believe two science professors and two physicians will suffice? Let me know your thoughts before I submit, thanks!
I believe the requirements for the LOR’s apply to all campuses, so that should suffice. I am also using 2 professors and a D.O.

My status updated from " Your application has been reviewed and put on “Hold” status. Please advise us, if you submit additional information to support your application." to " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you."

I still have no clue what this means. Has anyone with that "within 30 days" get anything yet?

My status updated from " Your application has been reviewed and put on “Hold” status. Please advise us, if you submit additional information to support your application." to " The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you."

I still have no clue what this means. Has anyone with that "within 30 days" get anything yet?
I had the second status last week and it got removed and changed with “ we have received your supplemental application. The review process will now begin .

haven’t received any communication from them

My status just changed to this:
I don't remember if this is a new status or if this is what it said before it changed to "under review." Idk what it means, lol.

My status just changed to this:
I don't remember if this is a new status or if this is what it said before it changed to "under review." Idk what it means, lol.
Sounds good to me tbh

Anyone else's Required Letters and Credits section change to actually show folder items now?

I have not received any emails from this school. My app was verified in 06/05. is that normal?

Anyone else's Required Letters and Credits section change to actually show folder items now?
Mine just shows a list of pre-reqs and red boxes next to all of them. Haven't checked it until today so idk if it showed that before.

Crossing fingers for interview invites today

Do you guys think that if I'm re-taking my MCAT on July 17th and get my score back August 17th that it will be kind of too late to apply?

Do you guys think that if I'm re-taking my MCAT on July 17th and get my score back August 17th that it will be kind of too late to apply?
If it helps, I know several people who are taking the MCAT the 17th. It’s late but I wouldn’t say “too” late :)

PA resident. Secondary processed 06/18. the status of Bradenton today:
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you.

I am hella scared...They made a decision in just 8 days? Hopefully it is not a pre-II R...

**edit: haven't received the actual mail but now I am like 80% confident it is a R...I checked the interview page and nothing popped up. Plus it is a final decision... :( dang it hurts

Last edited:
PA resident. Secondary processed 06/18. the status of Bradenton today:
The Admissions Committee has made a decision on your file. You will receive the decision within 30 days. Thank you.

I am hella scared...They made a decision in just 8 days? Hopefully it is not a pre-II R...

**edit: haven't received the actual mail but now I am like 80% confident it is a R...I checked the interview page and nothing popped up. Plus it is a final decision... :( dang it hurts
Could be an interview invite. Never know. Don’t count yourself out till you see the rejection papers

Last edited:
Could be an interview invite. Never know. Don’t count yourself out till you see the rejection papers
Does Bradenton send out II through mail? I thought everything was through email except the decision letter.

Does Bradenton send out II through mail? I thought everything was through email except the decision letter.
I don’t think it specifically said mail. It just said you will get your decision in 30 day time. Could be stalling until closer to august to start interviewing . I don’t know this is my first cycle just throwing stuff out

Confused.. said my app was under review and will be notified "as soon as a decision is made"
never was notified, just happened to check today and it says a decision was made and i'll get it within 30 days
did i already get rejected

Hopefully we receive some interview invites today

anyone got anything today?

Historically they send out interview invites around mid July. In 2019 when the cycle was normal and there wasnt issues due to covid they sent them out july 12. Probably can expect the same this cycle