2021-2022 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Same placed on alternate list! Also they did say they take a bunch of people from alternate group as well as like couple even from rejections (one of my doctors got rejected then reaccepted)
This doesn't make any sense. Why would they reject someone then reach back out to accept?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
That's like a small secret for Chicago is that they will also look at all the post ii Rs and rank them in the event everyone on their alt list and WL decline

Reactions: 1 user
I know it legit sounds insane but idk why he would tell me that if not true. He said that's why he loves RFU a lot cause they legit gave him a second chance (he got 2 As from WL and this that cycle). He said he cried seeing that email

That's like a small secret for Chicago is that they will also look at all the post ii Rs and rank them in the event everyone on their alt list and WL decline
Also don't call them and ask this cause they'll deny it. It's just that happened to him first hand that he told me rather then he hearing it elsewhere

How old is he? I feel like many schools operated differently before 2007. Sometimes it feels like the 21st century didn’t begin until 2008

I also got the post interview R today. This is my second one and I thought my interview went extremely well. Got it right when I got to work too and had to try not to cry all day. No As yet

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
So does no acceptances today mean this school won’t be accepting anyone else and the only spots left are alternate list?

Members don't see this ad :)
I know there's a lot of talk about WL movement on this thread, but I'm genuinely curious about how many applicants are on the WL. AMCAS data says it varies from year to year - whew this is going to be a strenuous waiting process.

Anyone else still waiting lol. Like for an interview or a rejection. Complete 10/12

me complete late july
me early july
Mr Rogers Clown GIF

• Haha
I also got the post interview R today. This is my second one and I thought my interview went extremely well. Got it right when I got to work too and had to try not to cry all day. No As yet
Hey man, I have seen many of your posts as we likely have applied to many of the same schools. I've also noticed that you and I are both having a tough cycle without any A's thus far.

First of all, I just want to ensure you that you are not alone. I know SDN can be an isolating place. And disproportionately seeing all of the most successful of applicants is really tough on one's psyche. But underneath it all, there are many of us who can relate to the challenges of this process, myself included.

I am sure you are working your absolutely hardest to put your best self forward, and whether it is this cycle, or in a future cycle, I am sure you will find success.

Best of luck.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 9 users
Hey man, I have seen many of your posts as we likely have applied to many of the same schools. I've also noticed that you and I are both having a tough cycle without any A's thus far.

First of all, I just want to ensure you that you are not alone. I know SDN can be an isolating place. And disproportionately seeing all of the most successful of applicants is really tough on one's psyche. But underneath it all, there are many of us who can relate to the challenges of this process, myself included.

I am sure you are working your absolutely hardest to put your best self forward, and whether it is this cycle, or in a future cycle, I am sure you will find success.

Best of luck.
thank you, good luck to you as well!!

Did the staff just randomly bring that up?
The dean said that they pride themselves on giving people opps to go to med school when they wouldn't otherwise have them.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if there's a date that RFU tries to have all of their acceptances offered by? Obvi there's the chance that WL movement can happen up until August, but I'm curious about that.

I got an email about a status change on my portal. I am not looking at it but considering I never interviewed it's more than likely an R. Good luck to all of you!

Lol some of you guys in here are making it seem like this school is some bottom-feeder school. Kind of harsh tbh.

• Haha
I feel like it would be impossible to know how many students got more than one acceptance if the Dean didn’t say it (never heard of this data being public at the school level)

Lol some of you guys in here are making it seem like this school is some bottom-feeder school. Kind of harsh tbh.
Yea I have to agree. I interviewed at over 10 places, and I had the most positive experience with the staff in comparison to "higher" ranked schools. They made me feel welcomed!

I feel like it would be impossible to know how many students got more than one acceptance if the Dean didn’t say it (never heard of this data being public at the school level)
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that after a certain date (not sure if it's the February date or the April/May date), if an MD school admits you, the schools can see how many other MD schools you've been admitted to. I do not believe they can see the name of the school (again, correct me if I'm wrong), and they cannot see this info for students they have not yet admitted.

Anyone know how financial aid offers look at this school? Do you find out about scholarships in acceptance package? Or do we have to fill FAFSA first?

Interview just now… super shocked and excited

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
May have commented previously cant remember, probably lost in all the comments anyways. But im a current student here, feel free to hit me up with any questions

Good luck t everyone!
Can you give any insight into M1 weekly schedules. Obviously everyone will structure their free time differently, but what is the schedule like in terms of required in-person commitments?

Thanks!

II just now completed early September. For those who interviewed before, can you guys share how was the interview day like, how long is it, and is it just MMI. For those curious about the available interview dates (there is just one March 15th).

• Love
II just now completed early September. For those who interviewed before, can you guys share how was the interview day like, how long is it, and is it just MMI. For those curious about the available interview dates (there is just one March 15th).
It was like 6 hours long, including a 30-minute lunch break. You'll receive another email with the agenda later but I'll give you the general layout here:

-Check in (15 min)
-Overview of interview day (15 min)
-Dean's Welcome + Q&A (45 min)
-Student Panel/Virtual Tour OR MMI (75 min)
-Lunch (30 min)
-Other presentations (Student Life, Student Affairs, Financial Aid, Curriculum) (75 min)
-Wrap up (15 min)

Half of us interviewed before lunch and the other half interviewed after lunch. Your agenda will tell you when you have the MMI and when you have the student panel.

Edit: more details

Last edited:
It was like 6 hours long, including a 30-minute lunch break. You'll receive another email with the agenda later but I'll give you the general layout here:

-Check in (15 min)
-Overview of interview day (15 min)
-Dean's Welcome + Q&A (45 min)
-Lunch (30 min)
-Other presentations (Student Life, Student Affairs, Financial Aid, Curriculum) (75 min)
-Wrap up (15 min)

Half of us interviewed before lunch and the other half interviewed after lunch. Your agenda will tell you when you have the MMI and when you have the student panel.

Edit: more details
Stupid question for most, but all of my interviews have been asynchronous with the exception of 1 on zoom. Are the MMI’s typical interview questions? Or situational?

Stupid question for most, but all of my interviews have been asynchronous with the exception of 1 on zoom. Are the MMI’s typical interview questions? Or situational?
Are you asking about the nature of an MMI or the nature of Rosalind Franklin's MMI in particular? There were like 8 different prompts and I can tell you that you get 2 minutes to read each prompt and then 6 minutes to talk about it. You're allowed to take notes (writing/typing). The MMI at RFU was much tamer than I expected.

We technically signed an NDA so I'm afraid to go into great detail because Rowe does occasionally browse SDN.

• Wow
Are you asking about the nature of an MMI or the nature of Rosalind Franklin's MMI in particular? There were like 8 different prompts and I can tell you that you get 2 minutes to read each prompt and then 6 minutes to talk about it. You're allowed to take notes (writing/typing). The MMI at RFU was much tamer than I expected.

We technically signed an NDA so I'm afraid to go into great detail because Rowe does occasionally browse SDN.
All I needed to know! Thank you for the response, don’t want to get anyone in trouble. Super excited :)

Was checking last years thread and there was a lot of WL movement starting in April and ending in late July. Hoping for the same this year.

Does anyone know what financial aid looks like here? I saw on MSAR that 95% receive aid, do they typically give a good amount of scholarships?

Hey everyone! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from this school and others!! I was recently accepted here and was wondering if there is a facebook group or groupme for accepted students?

Hey everyone! Congratulations to everyone who has been accepted and good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back from this school and others!! I was recently accepted here and was wondering if there is a facebook group or groupme for accepted students?
Yes, Zachary will email you the link