2021-2022 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the info, I also am wondering if you (or anyone else) knows what is meant by "Flextime- 12 Week Any Time in the Year" on the last infographic (Phase III M4) on THIS PAGE under the school's curriculum information.
Pretty sure it's board prep, but somebody please correct me if I'm wrong.

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed 11/30 and still haven't heard anything :( Slowly losing hope... Anyone on the same boat?

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II received just now!

3.5cGPA/516/ORM/Non-trad

Reactions: 1 user
Thinking back on some of the answers I gave during the MMI is making me cringe lol. Feel like I bombed on some of the questions. Sad thing is, I really like the school.

• Care
Thinking back on some of the answers I gave during the MMI is making me cringe lol. Feel like I bombed on some of the questions. Sad thing is, I really like the school.
SAME

• Care
Right? Some of those questions threw me for a loop and they even told us to prepare for an MMI. Though, it was mentioned that the interviewers were trained to be completely indifferent and applicants will often leave feeling like they performed poorly.

It has now been 11 weeks and 1 day without a decision post interview. Every day is pain

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
If I don't hear back 3 months after my interview, do I assume that I'm rejected...? :(

If I don't hear back 3 months after my interview, do I assume that I'm rejected...? :(
Lol, no. I also interviewed three months ago and haven't heard back. I heard recently that someone who interviewed in September just got in last week and it was the first time they heard back. Unfortunately I think the longer the better.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol, no. I also interviewed three months ago and haven't heard back. I heard recently that someone who interviewed in September just got in last week and it was the first time they heard back. Unfortunately I think the longer the better.
Thank you!!

Got an II a few hours ago? Oos completed 9/8, any idea if this would be interviewing for a wait-list spot or an actual seat?

Last edited:
II today! OOS. Complete 9/5. How did people feel regarding their MMI? This is my first MMI interview so I'm not sure how to prepare myself :(

This is so random, but I interviewed at CMS a few weeks ago. I haven't heard a decision yet but... I got a package in the mail today with a RFU journal and a postcard saying thanks for interviewing. I legit thought they sent me an A through physical mail, I was so pumped/confused and it was wild in my brain for a few moments lol

Has anyone else gotten anything similar?

This is so random, but I interviewed at CMS a few weeks ago. I haven't heard a decision yet but... I got a package in the mail today with a RFU journal and a postcard saying thanks for interviewing. I legit thought they sent me an A through physical mail, I was so pumped/confused and it was wild in my brain for a few moments lol

Yep! CMS likes to send goodies through mail haha

Yep I got one just before I got waitlisted. I was so pumped to open it but...

Again:( Interviewed on 11/30, not heard anything back yet... Are they just super backed up? Should I call admission and ask? Every day is such torture...

Again:( Interviewed on 11/30, not heard anything back yet... Are they just super backed up? Should I call admission and ask? Every day is such torture...
Lol, +1 once again except interviewed day after you. edit: I wouldn't contact them just yet. Just give them some more time imo.

There’s usually not a ton to gain from reaching out before a decision even if it is delayed. I would wait and try not reaching out

Reactions: 3 users
Hello everyone I have an interview invite for the 15th of March at 9:15 AM. At what time are interviews usually over? My wife and I are going on vacation and our flight is at 1

Hello everyone I have an interview invite for the 15th of March at 9:15 AM. At what time are interviews usually over? My wife and I are going on vacation and our flight is at 1
Lol might need to reschedule that flight. We didn’t finish until around 2-2:15.

Post-II R. Interviewed 12/1.

Last edited:
Ngl, this school’s rejection letter was one of the rudest ones I’ve received so far.

Therefore, I don’t feel bad gloating about how I have an A at a school far better than this one.

• Haha
Ngl, this school’s rejection letter was one of the rudest ones I’ve received so far.

Therefore, I don’t feel bad gloating about how I have an A at a school far better than this one.
I wrote about how rude they were throughout the interview day in my survey response and I have a feeling it wasn't anon lol. Same here, this was the "lowest" of all the schools I've interviewed at/been accepted to and I was glad to say good riddance.

• Haha
I understand it’s a rude letter (I got the rejection too), but let’s try avoid disparaging comments tbh. Might make people who plan on attending feel bad. Not their fault that the admin was a bit unprofessional

I understand it’s a rude letter (I got the rejection too), but let’s try avoid disparaging comments tbh. Might make people who plan on attending feel bad. Not their fault that the admin was a bit unprofessional
I said, "lowest" in quotations for a reason. It wasn't my top choice. Medical school is medical school and I'm grateful to have a single acceptance anywhere. RFU was not a good fit for me, whereas it is for others. I can feel what I feel! (congrats to all who were accepted tho!!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Pre II R! Congratulations to everyone thats gotten in here

Edit: The pre II R letter was super nice. I’m assuming its a different one for post II?

Last edited:
I wrote about how rude they were throughout the interview day in my survey response and I have a feeling it wasn't anon lol. Same here, this was the "lowest" of all the schools I've interviewed at/been accepted to and I was glad to say good riddance.

Anyone willing to expand on this (or did anyone post this elsewhere)? They were rude in the interview?! And wondering that the rejection letter says?

curious what the letter says can someone ss. Also anyone not hear anything?!

Placed on alternate list. Interviewed 2/15.

Dang man, another WL. 2/15 as well. That’s the third one this cycle. Anyone know what the WL movement is like here?

Waitlisted today! Interviewed 2/15. Really hoping that turns into an A, this is my top school!

Edit: Just kidding I interviewed 2/1 I mistyped LOL

Last edited:
also waitlisted but will be declining. they said that 93% of the class was only accepted to RFU, so probably lots of waitlist movement. good luck everyone!

Same placed on alternate list! Also they did say they take a bunch of people from alternate group as well as like couple even from rejections (one of my doctors got rejected then reaccepted)