3.3 gpa 502 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcat33

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,,

This is my first time creating a three on SDN but I am applying this cycle to mostly DO schools and would appreciate some help creating a list for DO schools. My gpa is a 3.3 for science and cumulative.

MCAT: 502
C/P: 125
CARS:123
B/B: 127
P/S: 127

Also I am a Florida resident.

Here are some schools I had in mind:

ACOM
ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
CUSOM
DMU-COM
GA-PCOM
KCU-COM
LECOM
LECOM Bradenton
LMU-DCOM
LUCOM
NSU-KPCOM
NYITCOM
OU-HCOM
PNWU-COM
RowanSOM
RVUCOM
TouroCOM-NY
TUNCOM
UNECOM
VCOM-Virginia
VCOM- Carolinas
VCOM- Auburn
WesternU/ Comp
WVSOM

Members don't see this ad.

Stats are low for Rowan. I had the same gpa and 509 and didn't get any attention from Rowan despite NJ resident

Hey Everyone,,

This is my first time creating a three on SDN but I am applying this cycle to mostly DO schools and would appreciate some help creating a list for DO schools. My gpa is a 3.3 for science and cumulative.

ACOM
ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
CUSOM
DMU-COM
GA-PCOM
KCU-COM
LECOM
LECOM Bradenton
LMU-DCOM
LUCOM
NSU-KPCOM
NYITCOM
OU-HCOM
PNWU-COM
RowanSOM
RVUCOM
TouroCOM-NY
TUNCOM
UNECOM
VCOM-Virginia
VCOM- Carolinas
VCOM- Auburn
WesternU/ Comp
WVSOM
Fine list, but I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. PacNw seems to favor people from that region. Ditto UNECOM. Agree with DJT as to Rowan.

Add MUCOM, BCOM, and UIW to the list

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone,,

ACOM
ATSU-KCOM
ATSU-SOMA
CUSOM
DMU-COM
GA-PCOM
KCU-COM
LECOM
LECOM Bradenton
LMU-DCOM
LUCOM
NSU-KPCOM
NYITCOM
OU-HCOM
PNWU-COM
RowanSOM
RVUCOM
TouroCOM-NY
TUNCOM
UNECOM
VCOM-Virginia
VCOM- Carolinas
VCOM- Auburn
WesternU/ Comp
WVSOM

I'd have to agree and disagree about Rowan. I had higher stats than you and I'm going this fall. That said I know people with higher/lower numbers in gpa and mcat that got in. It's hard to gauge with just numbers, what are your ECs? Work experience? Research experience? What's your story for why your gpa was low? It's not as objective as numbers only.

Fine list, but I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. PacNw seems to favor people from that region. Ditto UNECOM. Agree with DJT as to Rowan.

Add MUCOM, BCOM, and UIW to the list

Hey when you say Ditto UNECOM do you mean good choice to the list or bad choice? Thank you for the suggestions ! Also, I had read some posts that said MSUCOM favored Michigan residents.

I'd have to agree and disagree about Rowan. I had higher stats than you and I'm going this fall. That said I know people with higher/lower numbers in gpa and mcat that got in. It's hard to gauge with just numbers, what are your ECs? Work experience? Research experience? What's your story for why your gpa was low? It's not as objective as numbers only.

Hi, I posted a basic outline below. GPA was mostly due to having to work during the first year and a half to 2 years of my undergraduate degree. Also,hopefully I will be getting a medical scribe job soon as I have an interview Wednesday for a position! Thanks for your time!!

WORK Experience

Limited Brands

Beauty Sales Supervisor

Front Desk Receptionist/Assistant

Volunteer Experience & Public service

Summer Camp, Volunteer Summer 2013

· Taught children learn how to play their instruments

Cancer Institute ~100 hours

Hospice ~15hours

· Provide comfort to those in their last hours by offering companionship

Medical Mission Trip,

· Provided necessary medical resources to the underserved community in Georgetown, Guyana

RESEARCH
Cognitive Neuroscience Lab, Research Assistant January 2017- June 2017

· No publications

Clinical Shadowing in neurosurgery ~50 hours

INVOLVEMENT

Pre-Health Honors Society, Member

Healthy Food Initiative Program

Last edited: