2023-2024 Wake Forest

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Should we assume soft R if we haven’t heard back since submitting on 7/8
Submitted 7/3 and nothing. So far I only received one II, anxious…

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Should we assume soft R if we haven’t heard back since submitting on 7/8
No. Wake Forest does like to send huge R waves though so when/if any of us get rejected there will be plenty of company.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Did they mention when you guys would hear back from interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
Did they mention when you guys would hear back from interviews?
They mentioned the standard AAMC traffic rules. So October 16th would be the earliest, but in practice most schools push this a little further to the right.

Would you guys say it’s too late to apply here now?

Last edited:
Can anyone who already participated in the information session explain how exactly the MMI played out? It says on the email that it's primarily teamwork assessment so I'm unsure if that's just similar to Casper scenarios or if they'll twist it into a medical context and you'd have to utilize healthcare ethics. I might just be overthinking it but I wanted to be sure beforehand.

Can anyone who already participated in the information session explain how exactly the MMI played out? It says on the email that it's primarily teamwork assessment so I'm unsure if that's just similar to Casper scenarios or if they'll twist it into a medical context and you'd have to utilize healthcare ethics. I might just be overthinking it but I wanted to be sure beforehand.
I think it was 5-6 students and they asked us a question and we had to talk together for 30 minutes and come to a consensus.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also complete early July and have not heard anything.

Did they mention whether they would call with decisions or if they would email? Anxiously hovering over my phone

Did they mention whether they would call with decisions or if they would email? Anxiously hovering over my phone
Same here 🫣 Based on last year's thread, it appears they sent out an email saying an update has been shared on your portal.

I have been refreshing my email every five minutes today. Being patient with this is difficult.. I want a decision!

Reactions: 1 users
OOS A!! I CANT BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING. Interviewed early sept!

• Love
This might be a stupid question but choosing accept on the decision form is non-binding right?

OOS II today (10/16)!!! Completed 7/22
(Also congrats to everyone who got an acceptance today :) )

Reactions: 3 users
Congrats on the As everyone! Anyone with October Interview get an A?

Hey does anyone know if it is too late to submit secondaries for here because I know the primary was due 10/15

Completed back in early July , total silence

Hey does anyone know if it is too late to submit secondaries for here because I know the primary was due 10/15
Submitting this late is going to hurt your chances but if you've got the money and it's before their deadline then go for it.

was put on the WL...Do yall think i should upload my LOI now or wait a little? its my top choice and they mention that they prioritize people who express interest through LOI/interest
pre-II waitlist?

was put on the WL...Do yall think i should upload my LOI now or wait a little? its my top choice and they mention that they prioritize people who express interest through LOI/interest
If you don’t mind sharing, what was your interview date?

Anyone who interviewed willing to share some advice for my upcoming interview here? This is my top choice so I really want to do well! Message me please!

Anyone who interviewed willing to share some advice for my upcoming interview here? This is my top choice so I really want to do well! Message me please!
This sounds cliché, but just be yourself. They’re already interested in who you are on paper. This is your time to show that you’ll be the sort of colleague and future classmate that they’re looking for. Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Yes good advice! I’ve had a few interviews but I’m unfamiliar with the format for this school’s. They have a virtual automated interview where you’re not talking to an actual person, and in another portion they have an MMI Teamwork assessment. I was wondering if anyone could give me examples of questions asked and some tips specific to these. Thanks!

Yes good advice! I’ve had a few interviews but I’m unfamiliar with the format for this school’s. They have a virtual automated interview where you’re not talking to an actual person, and in another portion they have an MMI Teamwork assessment. I was wondering if anyone could give me examples of questions asked and some tips specific to these. Thanks!
I'll be honest: the virtual one-way assessment was the most challenging format I've encountered of all the interviews I've done. This may be because I'm older and my relationship with technology is different. I seriously dislike selfies and will likely be the last person in the pre-med or med school space to start a vlog. For that reason, I felt uncomfortable with the one-way format. Even with a traditional interview or MMI, you can read the other person and see if they understand what you're trying to communicate. This is lost in the one-way interview. If you're like me, my best advice is to answer the question and move on. Don't linger on thinking you have talk more or fill the remaining time.

Regarding examples of questions, you can use what you find on most websites that cover tips on the med school interview. If you haven't seen this, then I'll recommend it as a resource: https://prehealth.ua.edu/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/es-interview-questions.pdf

Reactions: 3 users
I'll be honest: the virtual one-way assessment was the most challenging format I've encountered of all the interviews I've done. This may be because I'm older and my relationship with technology is different. I seriously dislike selfies and will likely be the last person in the pre-med or med school space to start a vlog. For that reason, I felt uncomfortable with the one-way format. Even with a traditional interview or MMI, you can read the other person and see if they understand what you're trying to communicate. This is lost in the one-way interview. If you're like me, my best advice is to answer the question and move on. Don't linger on thinking you have talk more or fill the remaining time.

Regarding examples of questions, you can use what you find on most websites that cover tips on the med school interview. If you haven't seen this, then I'll recommend it as a resource: https://prehealth.ua.edu/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/es-interview-questions.pdf
Was it mostly standard questions like those or were there ethical and situational questions too?

Can any accepted applicants who already submitted their decision please check their portals?

For some reason, I can no longer view my decision letter and it's making me super paranoid. I have it saved but I get an error when I try to access it through the portal. I already got the confirmation and financial aid emails

Edit: It's been resolved lmao

Last edited:
Can any accepted applicants who already submitted their decision please check their portals?

For some reason, I can no longer view my decision letter and it's making me super paranoid. I have it saved but I get an error when I try to access it through the portal. I already got the confirmation and financial aid emails
Did you check applyweb.com? Mine is listed there.