2023-2024 UT Southwestern (UTSW)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
(re LOI) I understand but the wording is simply "Unless you withdraw your application from UT Southwestern we will presume that you would consider an offer of acceptance from us. No additional letter is necessary at this time." which makes me hesitant as I'm wondering if it's one of those other "optional" things that aren't really optional. It just says that it's not necessary per se. I know I'm probably overthinking this and I shouldn't send anything but I would hate to not send something if it might help. Would appreciate additional insight into this if anyone has any
@waspoppen I don't think it will advance your case at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
(re LOI) I understand but the wording is simply "Unless you withdraw your application from UT Southwestern we will presume that you would consider an offer of acceptance from us. No additional letter is necessary at this time." which makes me hesitant as I'm wondering if it's one of those other "optional" things that aren't really optional. It just says that it's not necessary per se. I know I'm probably overthinking this and I shouldn't send anything but I would hate to not send something if it might help. Would appreciate additional insight into this if anyone has any
UTSW is not out to get you. This is not a trick or a test. They said it is not necessary. It is not necessary.

Any ideas when UTSW will update on CYMS. I know I am on the waitlist, but I'm kind of surprised it is not on there yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how long it should take to get information about scholarships for accepted applicants, if anything? Got in on Match Day and haven't heard anything. Thanks!

Does anyone know how long it should take to get information about scholarships for accepted applicants, if anything? Got in on Match Day and haven't heard anything. Thanks!
You can always email and ask, the admissions office staff/registrar are very friendly.

Have yall done anything for UTSW since match day? Just curious cause they’ve been awfully silent and I worry I’m missing something

Have yall done anything for UTSW since match day? Just curious cause they’ve been awfully silent and I worry I’m missing something
That’s how it generally goes. Last year they were super quiet until like a month or two before school started. There may be one or two odd tasks that pop up but other than that it’s pretty low key.

Reactions: 4 users
Any hope for students on the waitlist for UTSW?? When can we expect the waitlist to move??

Does anyone know when we hear back from MD/MPH program applications? Or if anyone is a current MD/MPH student would love to connect.

Does anyone know when we hear back from MD/MPH program applications? Or if anyone is a current MD/MPH student would love to connect.
This is now part of UTSW right? Isnt automatic since it is their own?

I'm almost certain that if you got into UTSW you will be able to do the MPH if you want to.

• Wow
Members don't see this ad :)
One of the MS0 committee members was MD/MPH iirc. Their email should be posted on the Facebook page

There's an application portal where you have to apply to the dual degree program. Was just wondering when those decisions happen.

yeah, they have a new school of public health but idk if it's automatic.
it isn't automatic. But from what my classmates said the application doesn't take long and most get accepted. I would reach out to those in the facebook page or email admission to direct you with someone that is current MD/MPH they're usually very good at connecting people

it isn't automatic. But from what my classmates said the application doesn't take long and most get accepted. I would reach out to those in the facebook page or email admission to direct you with someone that is current MD/MPH they're usually very good at connecting people
I mean it is all internal that they shouldnt have to debate to admit. If you can get into med school, mph is at a much lower tier for qualifying. Used to be some other school had to make the admission decisions until a year ago.

I mean it is all internal that they shouldnt have to debate to admit. If you can get into med school, mph is at a much lower tier for qualifying. Used to be some other school had to make the admission decisions until a year ago.
Didn't they partner with UT Houston's MPH program until last year?

Didn't they partner with UT Houston's MPH program until last year?
Yes. 2023 admit year was the first MPH year directly at UTSW and they were showing some cost saving for not doing externally in terms of tuition.

Reactions: 1 users
Do you know anyone who is holding on to UTSW with OOS Acceptance?? I saw WaitList moved last year in the beginning of May.

Do you know anyone who is holding on to UTSW with OOS Acceptance?? I saw WaitList moved last year in the beginning of May.
I personally know of 3 people. For one of them, I have no clue what they'll do, just from talking to them they probably got a 528 and have options. Another I know has more desirable A's and will likely matriculate at another school. The last one I know was waiting to hear back from some March decision, but they seemed like they really liked UTSW. Basically, I know of one person who I feel pretty confident will withdraw

I don't think much will happen until after that April 30 date for AMCAS people to make up their minds & narrow down to one school.
Human nature means this will happen in the last few days before the deadline.

I don't think much will happen until after that April 30 date for AMCAS people to make up their minds & narrow down to one school.
Human nature means this will happen in the last few days before the deadline.
I vaguely remember having to narrow down to 3 before 30th. Is that still a thing?

I vaguely remember having to narrow down to 3 before 30th. Is that still a thing?
It’s “ suggested” but not enforced.
The April 30 date is more enforced because an AMCAS school after that date can see whether you have withdrawn from WLs like you are supposed to have done.

Last edited:
I know of one person who prematched and then matched at UTSW who has subsequently withdrawn their spot for a Harvard acceptance.

Reactions: 2 users
I know of one person who prematched and then matched at UTSW who has subsequently withdrawn their spot for a Harvard acceptance.
This gives me so much hope. Thank you 🙏🏼
I personally know of 3 people. For one of them, I have no clue what they'll do, just from talking to them they probably got a 528 and have options. Another I know has more desirable A's and will likely matriculate at another school. The last one I know was waiting to hear back from some March decision, but they seemed like they really liked UTSW. Basically, I know of one person who I feel pretty confident will withdraw
I prefer UTSW for personal limitations in life. I am really praying hard & I just wish life had given me more choices. I wish them all the best and I pray they make up their mind soon.

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone have any financial aid awards available on Peoplesoft yet? The email yesterday said to look there to approve any financial aid stuff but I don't have anything.

Does anyone have any financial aid awards available on Peoplesoft yet? The email yesterday said to look there to approve any financial aid stuff but I don't have anything.
I checked yesterday and also didn't see any

Sent from my SM-G781U using SDN Forums mobile app

Was curious where yall at on finding a place to live. Do most of yall have an apartment figured out already?

Was curious where yall at on finding a place to live. Do most of yall have an apartment figured out already?
Nah. But actively looking. Some apartments nearby typically don't have news on a July 2024 move-in till this month, May, or June (according to when I visited and asked around). I would suggest squaring it away asap.

UTSW university apartments issued May 31st notice to expected graduates. They will start accepting students if they havent already.

looking at roommate spreadsheet and the housing survey (the survey is SO helpful).

Still waiting. No movement of Waitlist :( Why people take so long to accept or let go of an offer??
Multiple reasons. 1) Fafsa delay 2) no motivation to withdraw after multiple acceptances 3) waiting on admissions to make decisions

Places like UTSW and Baylor will have withdrawals only by OOS students choosing OOS schools or Instate students choosing OOS schools that are considered to be top 10-15 since it wont make any difference to them otherwise. Neither of these groups have to narrow down until later in the month.

Still waiting. No movement of Waitlist :( Why people take so long to accept or let go of an offer??
I know of 2 people that got spots off of the waitlist in March - one at the beginning and the other at the end of the month.

• Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Yep, not everyone is a member of SDN or shares their news if they are
Very hard to hear about small samples unless they or friends or friends of friends post here!

These sound like to some kind of one to one replacements.

MedPark notification received earlier today for 2BR unit!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
MedPark notification received earlier today for 2BR unit!
Do you have to have a roommate/potential roommate lined up before you apply to medpark? I haven't found one yet and haven't submitted a medpark app (wasn't sure if I was going to UTSW) but now I think I probs should.

Do you have to have a roommate/potential roommate lined up before you apply to medpark? I haven't found one yet and haven't submitted a medpark app (wasn't sure if I was going to UTSW) but now I think I probs should.
There is a place to indicate whether you require a roommate or not on the application. My guess would be that asking for a 2BR unit as an unpaired applicant would get you through the queue faster but I could be wrong.