2023-2024 UT Southwestern (UTSW)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just wanted to pop-in and say I pre-matched on 01/17! Interviewed 08/19.
This is the biggest question people always have - have I been bypassed and it does not seem to be the case and schools do keep reviewing older interviewees.

Congratulations!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Excited to see some of you at MS0 tomorrow! It’s a pretty casual event so just relax and have some fun! Some general advice, make sure to take note of the overall vibes you’re getting from the school/community; that was the biggest factor for me in my decision and it’s turned out pretty amazing so far!

Don’t be afraid to ask the MS1s,2s,3s and 4s whatever you’d like. We’re here to help you make the best decision for you!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
How lond did it take y'all to be accepted into the accepted students facebook group? My request has been pending for awhile.

How lond did it take y'all to be accepted into the accepted students facebook group? My request has been pending for awhile.
I was accepted on the 17th and mine is pending as well

I was accepted on the 17th and mine is pending as well
Make sure it’s the official one with Suzette Smith as an admin and that you fully answer the questions! She and an admissions director manually go through and accept students, so it sometimes takes a bit 🙁

Reactions: 1 users
just curious if anyone has any more updated info - it UTSW still not P/F for clinical? also do they still have AOA?

I wasn't able to find anything more updated than 2019 and was wondering if anything was mentioned during interview weeks

just curious if anyone has any more updated info - it UTSW still not P/F for clinical? also do they still have AOA?

I wasn't able to find anything more updated than 2019 and was wondering if anything was mentioned during interview weeks
It is not P/F for clinical.

yes they do still have AOA, majority is based from clerkship years

For anyone wondering: I applied for a 1 bedroom at Medical Park in November and found out I was in the 120s for the wait-list when I asked their staff during MS0 weekend.

This equated to a "probably not" for being able to live there this year. The wait-list doesn't expire, however, so you'll have the option to live there when they get down to your name in the future.

Reactions: 4 users
For anyone wondering: I applied for a 1 bedroom at Medical Park in November and found out I was in the 120s for the wait-list when I asked their staff during MS0 weekend.

This equated to a "probably not" for being able to live there this year. The wait-list doesn't expire, however, so you'll have the option to live there when they get down to your name in the future.
Damn. This is helpful, thanks. I should probably try to look at other places.

120 two-bedroom/two-bath units and 162 one-bedroom/one-bath units.
they should have 100+ openings each year if we could 120 double occupancy and 162 single (not sure if there are many families in double occupancy).
Not everyone who signs up takes it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
120 two-bedroom/two-bath units and 162 one-bedroom/one-bath units.
they should have 100+ openings each year if we could 120 double occupancy and 162 single (not sure if there are many families in double occupancy).
Not everyone who signs up takes it.
This helps paint a better picture, thank you for the insight.

Damn. This is helpful, thanks. I should probably try to look at other places.
My understanding is that there is a separate wait list for 2-bed units which is shorter and easier to get off (unsure how much easier though).

Something to consider for anyone open to a roommate.

My understanding is that there is a separate wait list for 2-bed units which is shorter and easier to get off (unsure how much easier though).

Something to consider for anyone open to a roommate.
Sent in a check in early January for 2BR and was told at MS0 that we were in the low 20s on the list

Where do you apply? I totally forgot about this lol

Where do you apply? I totally forgot about this lol
You need to print/fill out the application on their website and mail it to them with $25 (cash or check)

Hi everyone! Does anyone know when UTSW MSTP students would be able to start a summer rotation?

Matched! Looking forward to seeing yall in the Fall

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
anyone know of cute utsw sweatshirts/hoodies/merch online somewhere? saved up my paycheck to get myself a little post-match day gift :)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I think you have to pick them up from the campus store, they don't seem to deliver :-/

You can also get custom sweatshirts off of etsy and get them delivered. I noticed that some students had them made since UTSW doesnt have specific UTSW med merch
oh this is a great idea, thank you!!

You can also get custom sweatshirts off of etsy and get them delivered. I noticed that some students had them made since UTSW doesnt have specific UTSW med merch
^^yes! you can also bring your own sweater to the merch shop once you arrive to get it embroidered! i think it’s like $5-10 per line? a few of our classmates also had cute stickers made for everyone to slap onto laptops/water bottles, so lots of options besides the official shop!

anyone know of cute utsw sweatshirts/hoodies/merch online somewhere? saved up my paycheck to get myself a little post-match day gift :)
Dont spend too much. You may get some stuff during orientation.

• Love
matched this morning, was absolutely shocked

• Love
congrats to everyone who matched today!!!! If anyone has any questions about the school feel free to dm me!

i had 3 with no prematches and assumed UTSW prematched almost everyone
only saw Foster and UTSW in your posts.

It is actually quite amazing to match to UTSW with just 3 interviews. They do fill the class with prematches but lose a few to Baylor during the match with either dual prematches or matching to Baylor over UTSW. There is at least one person on SDN who had a prematch at UTSW but matched to McGovern during match without a prematch opening up a slot.

only saw Foster and UTSW in your posts.

It is actually quite amazing to match to UTSW with just 3 interviews. They do fill the class with prematches but lose a few to Baylor during the match with either dual prematches or matching to Baylor over UTSW. There is at least one person on SDN who had a prematch at UTSW but matched to McGovern during match without a prematch opening up a slot.
and i had UTSW 2 because McGovern was my first because im from houston, didnt even get a waitlist from them, this is for sure a crazy process

what kind of swag did you get during orientation and whitecoat? do they give out free jackets?
In terms of clothing, tbh we only got a few t shirts last year.

No jackets or sweatshirts :(

We do get a bunch of mini items: water bottles, pens, etc.

It varies from year to year though

and i had UTSW 2 because McGovern was my first because im from houston, didnt even get a waitlist from them, this is for sure a crazy process
Didnt see McGovern waitlist yet so you could still be on one? They will have one for sure.

they sent email 10 min ago saying they werent offering waitlist spot
Wow amazing they are doing that. Someone else just mentioned the same and about going to UTMB.

Did they say how many they were keeping on waitlist or just that you are not being offered one?

Wow amazing they are doing that. Someone else just mentioned the same and about going to UTMB.

Did they say how many they were keeping on waitlist or just that you are not being offered one?
just that i didnt get one

• Care
On behalf of UTSW, WELCOME to the fam!! Congrats to everyone!🎉

• Love
Does anyone know if there are any UTSW Class of 2028 groups? Matched today!
There's a Facebook! That should be linked in an email you'll get from the school soon.

Does anyone know when oos students who haven’t hear back yet typically receive a decision?

On behalf of UTSW, WELCOME to the fam!! Congrats to everyone!🎉
UTSW was my first choice. I am waitlisted at Baylor but haven't received waitlisted email from UT Southwestern. Do you know if they have sent out email for Waitlist yet?./