2023-2024 UC Irvine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ahhh thank youuuu! And yes I did the man I spoke to on the phone said I was accepted into the school of medicine and that the PRIME program was still making decisions and stuff since there are only so many spots available

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone who's taken the KIRA assessment able to touch upon its difficulty of questions?

IS R submitted in July

So much for living in the area and doing research at UCI for my gap year…

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
R … and just submitted and update yesterday lol same thing happened at Georgetown lmao I’m done sending updates

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
UCI suggmaballs rejected complete 7/28

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
UCI if you're not going to interview me just reject me already. Last time I survived all the R waves until Feb and then got rejected. Was I ever under consideration or are you just stringing me along again:(

Reactions: 1 user
UCI if you're not going to interview me just reject me already. Last time I survived all the R waves until Feb and then got rejected. Was I ever under consideration or are you just stringing me along again:(
Damn that’s brutal

Any 9/25 interviewees (regular MD) still waiting on decisions?

i got an A last week for 9/25 interview date

Reactions: 1 user
oh **** wow now i feel like a loser
oh gosh im sorry i didnt mean for it to be like that 😭 i just thought it would be helpful to know you may possibly hear back soon 😞

• Care
oh gosh im sorry i didnt mean for it to be like that 😭 i just thought it would be helpful to know you may possibly hear back soon 😞
hahahha you’re good i’m just messing

II 11/09. However, the only available date was 4/03. Seems incredibly late. Does anyone have insight on why they are interviewing so late into the season?

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
II 11/09. However, the only available date was 4/03. Seems incredibly late. Does anyone have insight on why they are interviewing so late into the season?
Does this mean that the cycle is essentially over if they're interviewing into April already?

Same thing happened to me. I got an II last month and the earliest I could schedule was February.

Same here and idk how to feel about it
Yeah a little frustrating. I suspect these are interviews for waitlist spots....

oh well. I wonder if it's worth it to ask for an earlier interview (a little delusional)

2023-2024 UC Irvine Secondary Essay Prompts: (Must submit within 30 days!)

MD (1500 characters each)

1) What personal accomplishment are you most proud of and why?
2) Please describe to the Admissions Committee a challenge or disappointment you have overcome and what you learned about yourself from that experience.
3) (Optional) Do you identify as being part of a marginalized group socioeconomically or in terms of access to quality education or healthcare? If so, please describe how this inequity has impacted you and your community.
4) (if already have an undergrad degree) Please clarify for the Admissions Committee your activities (school, work, and/or volunteer, travel, etc.) since receiving your undergraduate degree. You may list them in chronological order or you may incorporate them into an essay, stating why you chose particular activities. If you have just received or will receive your undergraduate degree this year, please discuss your plans for current year.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
additional MSTP prompts (1500 characters each)
1) What research accomplishment are you most proud of and why?
2) Please describe to the Admissions Committee a research challenge you have overcome and what you learned from that experience.
3) What does it mean, to you, to be an MD/PhD?
4) Please list all posters, manuscripts (published or planned) you would like the Admissions Committee to consider.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback:
University of California Irvine School of Medicine Interview Feedback
Do you need help with a personal statement?

• Hmm