2023-2024 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
They said recently that the next release date would be early or mid February

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
is it safe to say an ii is unlikely? Ive been complete since early sept and we’re now approaching February 😭

Members don't see this ad :)
what are peoples experiences with the interviews? seems like a lot
The faculty interview was very chill and conversational. We mostly just talked about an organization I used to volunteer with that he had also worked with. Med student interview was awkward bc it was closed-file so I felt like it was mostly me listing my experiences, but it wasn’t super stressful or anything. Community member interview felt rushed bc there were 3 interviewees per room. He basically just asked us ethical questions, but I was 3rd so I ended up only getting 2 questions.

FWIW I interviewed for the post-bacc which was a conditional acceptance a few years ago, and thought my dean interview went terribly (we just didn’t click), but I ended up getting in so try not to overanalyze too much!

• Care
I thought they said February?
In my interview (November) they said January, and then the website also says January. Not sure if things have changed. Last year decisions were released on the 31st (at least from what I see on the forum and when people started posting). Who knows, I guess. I also applied to the St. Luke's campus so maybe things are different from the North Philly campus?

In my interview (November) they said January, and then the website also says January. Not sure if things have changed. Last year decisions were released on the 31st (at least from what I see on the forum and when people started posting). Who knows, I guess. I also applied to the St. Luke's campus so maybe things are different from the North Philly campus?
ooh gotcha. sounds like most of us north philly interviewees heard february for decisions during our interview. if they said jan for you its prob jan. good luck!

I called the very nice admissions people a few days ago to get a definitive answer. They said the majority of people who interviewed recently (I’m guessing most of the way through January?) will hear back next week some time.

Reactions: 2 users
I called the very nice admissions people a few days ago to get a definitive answer. They said the majority of people who interviewed recently (I’m guessing most of the way through January?) will hear back next week some time.
Doing God's work 🙏

Those of us who interviewed in Nov really got the short end of the stick with these fixed decision release dates huh... just missed the Nov release and stuck waiting nearly 3 months for the next one... maybe I've just gotten lucky with my other decisions coming between 2-4 weeks after the interview

ps: they told me "mid January" in November 🙃

Those of us who interviewed in Nov really got the short end of the stick with these fixed decision release dates huh... just missed the Nov release and stuck waiting nearly 3 months for the next one... maybe I've just gotten lucky with my other decisions coming between 2-4 weeks after the interview

ps: they told me "mid January" in November

Yes this is so true. I literally interviewed the day they released their first set of decisions

Previous yrs its been the last couple days of Jan so maybe theres a chance its tom, who knows

Previous yrs its been the last couple days of Jan so maybe theres a chance its tom, who knows
Praying it is. I already had to pay a $2000 non refundable deposit to another school, and tomorrow is the 50% tuition reimbursement drop deadline for a pre-req I have to take for that school 😭

• Care
Did anyone's portal update by any chance? Last year I think people had updates to their portal after midnight on the 31st, but it might not be the same time this year who knows o_O

Did anyone's portal update by any chance? Last year I think people had updates to their portal after midnight on the 31st, but it might not be the same time this year who knows o_O
according to a post above the admissions office said decisions will be released sometime next week

My portal personally wasn’t updated. I assume bc no one has seen an updated portal at this point that decisions will be released next week. Who knows what day

My portal personally wasn’t updated. I assume bc no one has seen an updated portal at this point that decisions will be released next week. Who knows what day
they seem to like tuesdays. i think the decision in nov was a tuesday and last year jan 31 was a tuesday. so i would guess next tuesday feb 6

Reactions: 1 users
excuse the neuroticism, but does attending the optional activities on interview day have any bearing on decisions?

excuse the neuroticism, but does attending the optional activities on interview day have any bearing on decisions?
I didn't go to any of the special interest groups (none seemed relevant to me), and I was accepted. I think they are good resources if they make sense for you but likely don't have bearing on the decisions.

what were peoples interview impressions? mmi format, or traditional open file?

1 open w/faculty, 1 closed w/faculty of a student on adcoms, and 1 community closed group interview (someone from North Philly community will ask you questions). My group interview had 2 applicants and they asked us a list of questions, some standard some tougher

losing hope for anything
Same but at least it seems they usually waitlist and have a decent amount of movement. Really dislike waiting 10 weeks to hear back... then having to wait 11 hours to find out if its a W or an R

Same but at least it seems they usually waitlist and have a decent amount of movement. Really dislike waiting 10 weeks to hear back... then having to wait 11 hours to find out if its a W or an R
i was put on the CC list back in nov and i was trying not to get my hopes up but i was hoping i would get an A this round. i’m sitting on so many WLs and no As and idk what to do