2023-2024 Stanford

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I emailed them and they told me apparently I received my secondary on 7/31 but I am certain I received no email from them. Could someone send me the link to the portal so I can try to create an account?
Stanford Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II today! Complete 8/2, feeling super lucky

Reactions: 3 users
Wowowow II received today OOS. I'm in shock lol

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else having trouble uploading their photo? Also, what is with the "neutral expression" passport photos-- I smile in like every picture 😭

OMG I just got IS interview.. at 10pm on a Sunday. Can't even believe it :')

• Love
II received 8.13pm! Really thought it wasn't in the cards for me as I submitted the first day and hadn't heard anything!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Whoaaaa OOS II just a bit ago! Complete 8/2, I am in complete disbelief because I have no connections to Cali!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Anyone else having trouble uploading their photo? Also, what is with the "neutral expression" passport photos-- I smile in like every picture 😭
Maybe I'm misreading but you can smile right? It just says to make sure your eyes are visible and your mouth is closed, so like a non-grinning smile

Maybe I'm misreading but you can smile right? It just says to make sure your eyes are visible and your mouth is closed, so like a non-grinning smile
The link with the “digital specifications” said a neutral expression, which I thought meant not smiling, but maybe as long as your mouth is closed it’s fine? I always show teeth when smiling though, so I would’ve had to retake my pic anyway 😅

The link with the “digital specifications” said a neutral expression, which I thought meant not smiling, but maybe as long as your mouth is closed it’s fine? I always show teeth when smiling though, so I would’ve had to retake my pic anyway 😅
wait I didn't read this far into it and just uploaded a picture of me smiling that I already had... do I need to re-upload or do something about this?

wait I didn't read this far into it and just uploaded a picture of me smiling that I already had... do I need to re-upload or do something about this?
Honestly no clue how strict they’ll be with this… They didn’t make the page that was linked, so maybe they care more about the format than the expression? I say better safe than sorry though

Honestly no clue how strict they’ll be with this… They didn’t make the page that was linked, so maybe they care more about the format than the expression? I say better safe than sorry though
Hm I can't change the picture I uploaded though. Should I just email the admissions department with another photo?

Hm I can't change the picture I uploaded though. Should I just email the admissions department with another photo?
I guess so? Maybe I was overthinking it and it’s not that important? Not sure, but if it makes you feel better you can email them to make sure 😅

Did the same thing, just going to leave it up/not email. It's such a tiny thing that it (hopefully) shouldn't make a difference, but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: 1 users
Haven't received anything from Stanford but is anyone struck by how odd this requirement of "neutral expression" is? lol
i haven’t received anything either but i wonder if it’s their attempt to reduce bias? like if people would be biased in favor of someone smiling vs not smiling, they’re trying to counteract that by providing everyone the same instructions. but it seems like such a small thing

i haven’t received anything either but i wonder if it’s their attempt to reduce bias? like if people would be biased in favor of someone smiling vs not smiling, they’re trying to counteract that by providing everyone the same instructions. but it seems like such a small thing
Yk a career in medicine is stressing you out when someone smiling is all it takes for you to become super biased in favor of them ☠️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Yeah I was thinking about this, but its not like a neutral expression would take away from someone's pretty privilege or reduce the "halo" effect since attractive people are attractive regardless of their facial expression
I honestly think they cared more about the format of the photo than the actual expression and it was just easier to use the gov passport site than type up all of the requirements... I did the "neutral expression" just to be safe, but I doubt not following that point is a deal breaker

I'm pretty sure it's just their plan to counter the effect of my winning smile from when they eventually give me an II

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Yeah I was thinking about this, but its not like a neutral expression would take away from someone's pretty privilege or reduce the "halo" effect since attractive people are attractive regardless of their facial expression
adding attractiveness and hinge elo along with completion date and stats to the questions to ask people when they get IIs/As

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
adding attractiveness and hinge elo along with completion date and stats to the questions to ask people when they get IIs/As
Stats? Completion date? Tinder match rate? Bench max? WPM?

• Haha
30000 right swipes 10 matches complete 8/5 :soexcited:

• Wow
  • Love
Did anybody else get an email about an interview confirmation that we have to respond to in the portal? What are people saying?
I got it this morning… No clue what I’m going to say 😅 Maybe “Just emailing to confirm my interview” and a thank you?

Did anybody else get an email about an interview confirmation that we have to respond to in the portal? What are people saying?
Yea got it super early today. Not sure what I'm gonna say exactly yet but we got 5 days sooo

Is September 27 the first day ppl are interviewing? Traditional interview is open file right?