2023-2024 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we know if everyone will receive an email regarding waitlist status - or just the top 30 will be notified?
Everyone who's waitlisted is notified, top 30 receive a rank. List is usually decided in early May, based on when adcom meets. Movement can happen up till start of class, after orientation.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello! is there a group for accepted students? if there is, do you know where and how I can join? Thank you!

Hello! is there a group for accepted students? if there is, do you know where and how I can join? Thank you!
Join the PNWU "DO class of 2028" Facebook page and on there you will find the link for the Slack group chat :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Turning down my A today... hope it goes to one of yall!

Reactions: 4 users
Talked to PNWU admissions they said rankings will go out by May 24th

Reactions: 2 users
They are still interviewing. That's insane because the admin said the class is full, and about 100 people are on the waitlist.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
Is there anyone on here looking at doing the MAMS program? Or know someone that has gone through it and been accepted into DO program?

Is there anyone on here looking at doing the MAMS program? Or know someone that has gone through it and been accepted into DO program?
I am a current student and know many people in my class who had done the MAMS program. I am happy to try and answer questions

They are still interviewing. That's insane because the admin said the class is full, and about 100 people are on the waitlist.
I don’t think it’s that insane. I know someone who interviewed last summer around June (for the 23-24 application cycle) and was accepted to PNWU for an early start that summer. I think there’s a lot of movement as other schools accept of their waitlists and they just want to ensure they get a full class.

I myself came off the waitlist at a different school last week and withdrew my spot at PNWU today. Best of luck to those of y’all waiting. I went to their second look day and it’s a wonderful school.

Has anyone gotten an email about their ranking on the waitlist? I know we're supposed to hear by the 24th. I've seen in past years they send the email rankings out in waves, top 10, top 20, top 30, unranked, etc. Just trying to get an idea if anyone has heard back.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone gotten an email about their ranking on the waitlist? I know we're supposed to hear by the 24th. I've seen in past years they send the email rankings out in waves, top 10, top 20, top 30, unranked, etc. Just trying to get an idea if anyone has heard back.
No

I got into the top 10 but will be withdrawing, which I should have done earlier. Good luck everyone!

I’m debating if i should withdraw. Their second year curriculum only allows for 3 weeks of dedicated study for step 1. Other schools allow 4-9 weeks of dedicated.

What is your opinion on this matter?

Last edited:
I’m debating if i should withdraw. Their second year curriculum only allows for 3 weeks of dedicated study for step 1. Other schools allow 4-9 weeks of dedicated.

What is your opinion on this matter?
I'm not sure when the hard deadline is of when you have to have taken Level 1, although I do know you have to get your "pass" results back before starting rotations at the beginning of July, thus I am assuming you need to take before the end of May. I have friends that are taking Level 1 at the end of this week which would be four weeks of dedicated study. It would be five weeks if you count the last week of school when you take your OSCE, which is just one day.

I'm not sure when the hard deadline is of when you have to have taken Level 1, although I do know you have to get your "pass" results back before starting rotations at the beginning of July, thus I am assuming you need to take before the end of May. I have friends that are taking Level 1 at the end of this week which would be four weeks of dedicated study. It would be five weeks if you count the last week of school when you take your OSCE, which is just one day.

Has anyone gotten a word about top 30, 40, 50, etc.?
When I received the waitlist email back in December this is what it said: "In early May, applicants remaining on the wait list will be reviewed and the top 30 will be ranked and notified by email."

In the past I've seen they tell if you're top 10, 20 or 30 and then after that it's unranked but they should still notify you with that information. Maybe a current student can speak more to that

Got the email ranking email. I believe they are only ranking top 10, 20, 30.

Hope this helps. They seem to be done notifying people for now.

Anyone below a 500 mcat? I’m wondering if my 497 is holding me back
Email says" PNWU-COM has started ranking the waitlist and I have happy to notify you you are in the top blank on the ranked list. We are unable to provide you with your exact rank on the list but will notify you if your position changes. If a seat becomes available for Fall 2024 we will call you with an offer for admission. Offers made on or after May 15 will be asked for immediate decision."

Then it goes into some logistical information for if you get in and outstanding requirements, etc.

I do have an MCAT score below 500, but I've been taking classes, started working in primary care, and have been sending update letters to the school. I've also been in WA for over 20 years, grew up here, majority of my volunteer and shadowing has been underserved areas so very in line with their mission statement

• Love
Email says" PNWU-COM has started ranking the waitlist and I have happy to notify you you are in the top blank on the ranked list. We are unable to provide you with your exact rank on the list but will notify you if your position changes. If a seat becomes available for Fall 2024 we will call you with an offer for admission. Offers made on or after May 15 will be asked for immediate decision."

Then it goes into some logistical information for if you get in and outstanding requirements, etc.

I do have an MCAT score below 500, but I've been taking classes, started working in primary care, and have been sending update letters to the school. I've also been in WA for over 20 years, grew up here, majority of my volunteer and shadowing has been underserved areas so very in line with their mission statement
What do your update letters entail? I sent a letter of intent after my interview but it didn’t feel like they relayed it for me

same, I'm from WA state. went to undergrad here and was born here. there's regional bias so they may be going off of that too.

• Care
What do your update letters entail? I sent a letter of intent after my interview but it didn’t feel like they relayed it for me
My updates were fairly brief. I let them know I would be taking microbiology and human anatomy and physiology 2 and they said I should send the transcript to them when the classes were complete so they could add it to my file. I also had the current doctor I work with in primary care write a letter of recommendation for me and sent it to the admissions team. Additionally, I sent a letter of intent after I went to the Second Look event in Yakima and spoke directly about my experiences at the event and how it would be a good fit for me. I think those all made a difference

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
Just got the unranked on WL email. I’m gonna assume I’m not getting in here at this point and commit elsewhere. It’s been a long journey and I’m glad I made it this far. I wish everyone here the best!

• Care
Reactions: 3 users