2023-2024 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II received today! I kind of panicked and booked the closest date (February) - I'm pretty sure I wrote down the right day, but I can't see the date I scheduled on the portal. Do they send an email confirming the interview date?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II received today! I kind of panicked and booked the closest date (February) - I'm pretty sure I wrote down the right day, but I can't see the date I scheduled on the portal. Do they send an email confirming the interview date?
Congrats! Complete date? I can't believe this school is already into February lol.

Congrats! Stats/Complete date?

Members don't see this ad :)
they send an email in like a day or so, in the portal if you click in to the interview stuff you should see your date

Reactions: 1 user
IS II received today! Complete 8/18. I haven't done an LM calculation (I will soon), but in the meantime MCAT is 524+ and GPA 3.95+

IS II today. Complete 7/2... seems like they do not review applications in order of complete

Reactions: 1 users
Also guys, is the MMI actually 3 hours long? I went to their FAQ and they say they have 8 stations, each being 8 mins long, so I don't know how the circuit can last 3 hours lol.

Also guys, is the MMI actually 3 hours long? I went to their FAQ and they say they have 8 stations, each being 8 mins long, so I don't know how the circuit can last 3 hours lol.
Based on what they told us during my interview, they usually have two circuits per interview day, so each person will only interview for about half that time (depending on the number of interviewees they have per day they may add more rest stations)!

Members don't see this ad :)
How long after the application complete email did you guys receive your IIs?

secondary 8/9 complete 8/29 II 9/13

Hi!

I applied to NYMC and submitted the secondary back in July. They emailed me back then and asked me about my letters of rec which is when I realized i didn’t have two science letters so I ghosted them and assumed I was ineligible to apply. They just sent me another email asking if I’m interested in “having my application completed as is”. Does anyone have any insight? I responded yes, but I’m assuming I’ll be rejected 😅

Hi!

I applied to NYMC and submitted the secondary back in July. They emailed me back then and asked me about my letters of rec which is when I realized i didn’t have two science letters so I ghosted them and assumed I was ineligible to apply. They just sent me another email asking if I’m interested in “having my application completed as is”. Does anyone have any insight? I responded yes, but I’m assuming I’ll be rejected 😅
If you paid the money to apply then you might as well try. You may be rejected if that is a hard requirement for them. The other solution is if there is any way that you can submit two science letters before their deadline?

Is there no hope if I submitted 7/5 and haven't heard anything at all?

Hi!

Same thing happened with me. Still haven't heard back. We'll see haha

I just got an acceptance email!!! I'm in disbelief!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats. I thought there was some kind of AAMC rule where MD schools can’t give admissions responses before October 15th? I could be wrong tho

Congrats. I thought there was some kind of AAMC rule where MD schools can’t give admissions responses before October 15th? I could be wrong tho.
^, could be ED tho. Either way, congrats everyone!

^, could be ED tho. Either way, congrats everyone!
Can't speak for everyone else who heard today, but I didn't apply ED! Just regular and interviewed in early/mid September :) I expected to have to wait until at least October 15th to hear back too, which added to my surprise!

That is definitely a rule... not sure what's going on here.
the “traffic rules” set by aamc are actually just recommended guidelines that most schools do abide by however they don’t have to follow them

Pretty sure the October 15th thing is a recommendation, not a strict rule! Most MD programs seem to choose to follow the AAMC traffic guideline recommendations, but not all.

That is definitely a rule... not sure what's going on here.
IMG_4954.jpeg

"These guidelines are not intended to supersede the policies, timelines, or discretion of the individual schools or programs."

Based on this info, it seems that they're suggested guidelines rather than hard-set rules. But if anyone else has additional insight besides what the AAMC website implies, it'd be helpful to hear - I could be misunderstanding!

View attachment 377546
"These guidelines are not intended to supersede the policies, timelines, or discretion of the individual schools or programs."

Based on this info, it seems that they're suggested guidelines rather than hard-set rules. But if anyone else has additional insight besides what the AAMC website implies, it'd be helpful to hear - I could be misunderstanding!
Then I stand corrected, and congrats to you all!!

• Love
Congrats everyone!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
A earlier this morning, interviewed 9/12.

GOD DID !!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Accepted peeps, did yall get the email to the portal yet or nah?

I'm an M2 at NYMC, happy to answer any and all questions! :)

Congratulations to everyone who was accepted! Can confirm that it is real. There is an accepted students Facebook group that you should get an invite to in the near future.

• Love
Did anyone get a confirmation email regarding receipt of terms and conditions? Just noticed in that email they said congrats on acceptance to the class of 2027 which I thought was kind of odd.

Did anyone get a confirmation email regarding receipt of terms and conditions? Just noticed in that email they said congrats on acceptance to the class of 2027 which I thought was kind of odd.
I got a confirmation email

IS II just now, complete 9/12/23, LM 77