2023-2024 New York Medical College

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else having issues with payment? I've tried 2 different cards but with both it's told me it's unable to process
Having the same problem and I just sent them an email. If anyone else knows how to fix it plz lmk

Members don't see this ad.

Having the same problem and I just sent them an email. If anyone else knows how to fix it plz lmk
Just got an email back, they said that AMCAS is having trouble with the portal but they are working on it and to try again later today.

How do we check that our letters of recommendation were received?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else having issues with payment? I've tried 2 different cards but with both it's told me it's unable to process
I had trouble with it on the first day the application opened up, and after trying to pay five times, I just decided to send a check. I am still waiting for them to confirm that they have received it though.

Does anyone know when II start being sent out for RD applicants?

Reactions: 1 user
I had trouble with it on the first day the application opened up, and after trying to pay five times, I just decided to send a check. I am still waiting for them to confirm that they have received it though.
Also sent them a check after a lot of difficulty with the portal. Waiting for confirmation of arrival!

did anyone else never get a complete email after submitting? submitted 7/2 and still haven't received any confirmation

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone else never get a complete email after submitting? submitted 7/2 and still haven't received any confirmation
No, I haven't. The last email I received was the "Supplemental Gateway PAID" one on 7/3 after I submitted.

Saw this on their supplemental app instructions:

> Please request your AMCAS ID # be included on each of your letters.

Anyone know if this is a hard req? I have a letter packet, which will have my ID in the cover sheet. I requested all letters long before my AMCAS ID was a twinkle in my eye so there's no way I would have met this req.

Anyone know if this is a hard req? I have a letter packet, which will have my ID in the cover sheet. I requested all letters long before my AMCAS ID was a twinkle in my eye so there's no way I would have met this req.
bruh i didn’t even know that… if anyone knows pls post

I summited same day as you, and just received the confirmation email. They say this can take 4-6 weeks.

Members don't see this ad :)

This may apply only to additional letters that are sent directly by e-mail to the school.

Is anyone else having problems paying? i've tried 5 different methods and are I get is declined lol

fwiw, today i got a letter from admissions asking about which letters of rec of mine were science letters - seems like they have a fairly strict rule on the two science letters. withdrawing, good luck y'all!

Reactions: 3 users
No, I haven't. The last email I received was the "Supplemental Gateway PAID" one on 7/3 after I submitted.
Received an email verifying they received my AMCAS application, required letters of recommendation and application fee and have moved my app to the committee on 7/20.

The email also states that if you haven’t taken MCAT or CASPer but are registered they’ll begin review of your app while scores are pending.

I received a complete email this morning (7/20) after submitting 7/17.

However, I’m an FAP recipient so my payment was waived.

Last edited:
i submitted 7/2 and never got a payment confirmation lmao, anyone else?
I got an email with the subject NYMC - Supplemental Gateway "PAID" within a day of submitting. Haven't heard anything and it's been a few weeks, but maybe you should reach out to confirm they got your payment?

fwiw i don't think i ever got a payment confirmation but i did get a complete email on the 18th after submitting the 14th

fwiw i don't think i ever got a payment confirmation but i did get a complete email on the 18th after submitting the 14th
on the opposite, like @nervous applicant mentioned, I only received a "paid" email but never a complete email - anyone else?

On their secondary it states: "You will receive an email from us confirming your application is complete and has been forwarded for review by the Committee for Admissions for an interview invite. Applications are reviewed continuously until early March and applicants may be invited to interview at any point until that time." I guess I'll wait a bit longer..

on the opposite, like @nervous applicant mentioned, I only received a "paid" email but never a complete email - anyone else?

On their secondary it states: "You will receive an email from us confirming your application is complete and has been forwarded for review by the Committee for Admissions for an interview invite. Applications are reviewed continuously until early March and applicants may be invited to interview at any point until that time." I guess I'll wait a bit longer..
I submitted my secondaries 7/1 and got an application complete Email 7/18, it's gonna take them awhile

For people that did get a payment confirmation after submitting, how long after submitting did you receive that email?

If there is one thing I've realized, it's that the schools need to hire people to fix their emails and portals lol.

• Haha
submitted 7/2 and didnt get payment confirmation nor a complete email...should I be worried?

If it makes you feel any better, I had mine submitted 7/1 and received APPLICATION COMPLETE email 7/17. It seems to take a manual review of the application to prompt a complete status.

I submitted 6/30 and have yet to receive a completion email, is anyone else in the same position?

For number 3, i feel i didnt really have any disruptions as far as academics/employment goes, in fact i was unemployed struggling to find work and actually got a job opportunity as a contact tracer as a result of covid. however, the question is required so i am not sure exactly what to do. i feel that talking about the positives may come off weird when they are strictly asking about negatives/disruptions. how have you been answering this question if you are in a similar spot as me?

Anyone submitted in june still not complete? I wanna reach out but I don't wanna be pushy