2023-2024 Michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is their medadmiss twitter page even up? maybe i'm just dumb but i cant find anything with that handle
1691436211939.png

They have a link from their website to a defunct acc :shrug:

Members don't see this ad.

• Angry
Reactions: 1 user
Their handle changed to @UMichMedSchool and they just tweeted the first monday is next week

• Love
Reactions: 13 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering about the "parent contact information" section (under Other). I'm in my late 20s and I don't really want the med schools I apply to emailing or contacting my parents (don't think they'd appreciate it). What happens if I leave it blank, do we think?

Last edited:
Wondering about the "parent contact information" section (under Other). I'm in my late 20s and I don't really want the med schools I apply to emailing or contacting my parents (don't think they'd appreciate it). What happens if I leave it blank, do we think?
They are not going to contact your parents don't worry about it, it's mostly for demographics and/or an emergency. Probably a relic from when they used to have in-person interviews. Just fill it out

They are not going to contact your parents don't worry about it, it's mostly for demographics and/or an emergency. Probably a relic from when they used to have in-person interviews. Just fill it out
Update: called and asked, and they said it's OK to leave it blank in this case and it wouldn't have a negative impact on the application. The instructions say they periodically send general info about U of M to your parents during the application process, so wanted to avoid if possible :)

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know why they automatic give secondaries to people who receive a 35th percentile on the mcat? Was wondering if they provide an mcat range of all admits

Does anyone know why they automatic give secondaries to people who receive a 35th percentile on the mcat? Was wondering if they provide an mcat range of all admits
I think it's 35th percentile for the school not necessarily for the MCAT. They assume with that score have good knowledge and screen people below it for competency through their coursework

I think it's 35th percentile for the school not necessarily for the MCAT. They assume with that score have good knowledge and screen people below it for competency through their coursework

I think it’s MCAT. I’m just confused why they would look at it even though they don’t accept people with less than 500 mcat?

Members don't see this ad :)
What time do they typically send out IIs? Just want to prepare myself for when to switch on the nerves tomo

How many interviews do they typically send out every Monday?

What time do they typically send out IIs? Just want to prepare myself for when to switch on the nerves tomo
From last year seems like they came between 7am and 10am pst. Seems like every other monday they send out ~20 IIs

My brother in christ, it is a Sunday. Tomorrow is when they start invites I believe!

Omg idk why I thought today was Monday I was like why aren’t any of the threads filled with interview updates LOL

• Wow
OOS II (umich for undergrad though)
Complete 7/6, 518/3.93

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if they release interviews all at once, or do they roll em out throughout the day?

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone, congrats on the interviews! So I complete the umich secondary 7/4, but did not receive and II, should I assume a soft rejection? Thanks for any responses.

Hey everyone, congrats on the interviews! So I complete the umich secondary 7/4, but did not receive and II, should I assume a soft rejection? Thanks for any responses.
way too early to be worried yet bud.

Reactions: 5 users
Looks like Michigan Monday is over. Congrats to everyone who got an II! According to their twitter, they sent out 36 II's from 20 states plus DC

Reactions: 2 users
Congrats everyone! Now we wait for the next Monday (and not sunday ;) )

Anyone know if they release interviews all at once, or do they roll em out throughout the day?
seems like they all get released once the twitter page posts about it. i can forgive them this time but they don't send me an II by the next Monday i'll have to intervene.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users