2023-2024 Michigan State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got this secondary on July 13th and submitted on August 9th there's no way I'm getting an II lmfao
I got the secondary 7/29 and submitted earlier today, so if this is the case I'm sorta out of luck too. Lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone who applied to the Leadership in Medicine for the Underserved (LMU) certificate program received an II?

Members don't see this ad :)
During MMI’s do you always begin by restating the scenario to the interviewer or do you just begin by discussing your response as soon as you enter. Also, do you introduce yourself prior to beginning discussion or just jump right in?

Last edited:
During MMI’s do you always begin by restating the scenario to the interviewer or do you just begin by discussing your response as soon as you enter. Also, do you introduce yourself prior to beginning discussion or just jump right in?
I think it depends on your own personal approach and style. I typically don't repeat but I had an MMI interviewer that said it doesn't matter too much. In order to be concise is effective it probably is not necessary as it would be reiterated naturally in the conversation would be my best response.

Last edited:
I got the secondary 7/29 and submitted earlier today, so if this is the case I'm sorta out of luck too. Lol
me toooo.. it took me forever to write each question response. i am just hoping that maybe the 'thoughtfulness' of the responses will pay off :xf:

me toooo.. it took me forever to write each question response. i am just hoping that maybe the 'thoughtfulness' of the responses will pay off :xf:
Fr it was one of my late ones cuz the word counts were so long and the questions were harder. Idk how people got em in so fast

This thread is dead but I am commenting to see if anyone on here already got accepted through early assurance we can start the accepted students gc

Does anyone know the latest complete date for getting an II at CHM so far? I saw someone complete on 8/9 get an II but I don't know if that's the latest thus far.

Does anyone know the latest complete date for getting an II at CHM so far? I saw someone complete on 8/9 get an II but I don't know if that's the latest thus far.
I submitted on 8/15/23 and interviewed last week on 9/13/23.

Members don't see this ad :)
How long does it take for a decision to come out? I interviewed 9/13

Does anyone know whether the medical students who do the individual interviews have access to applicants' entire file

Does anyone know whether the medical students who do the individual interviews have access to applicants' entire file
Not the entire file, no. They have access to your PS and work/activities. No MCAT, GPA, or transcripts!

For anyone who has interviewed, were you able to send thank you emails to anyone from the MMI or the student interview? I didn't get anyone's specific email, and am considering sending a thank you email to general admissions but am not sure.

I never used to believe people when they said “the hardest part of applying to med school is waiting for an admissions response after interviewing” until now

Reactions: 5 users
I got a good score on Casper but bad score on PREview, will that make a difference in getting accepted or not? Do they weigh one test more than the other?

Regarding your question about CASPER I can tell you that each school weighs the test differently so it depends on the school you are applying to. And not all the medschools actually look at the CASPER test. I know for McMaster that they take it as 1/3 of your application I believe.
I believe they just use CASPER and PREview for their own research lol - aka it won't effect your app

Reactions: 1 users
Any clue how many IS II's have been sent out thus far/how into their interview season CHM is rn?

even the MMI portion of it? That's really nice to hear tho i'm happy it went well! :)

Yeah! Obviously it’s a bit more stressful given you won’t know what they’ll ask, but they are truly there just to have a conversation. It was more fun than nerve-wracking!

Reactions: 7 users
IS II received today, complete 8/2.

Reactions: 1 users
IS II LM 70. Complete 8/3.