2023-2024 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This secondary was 10 pages long btw easily most annoying thing of all time
E.A.S.I.L.Y. The **** was annoying.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I will be applying this cycle. I was wondering if anyone has heard back about the 3 year accelerated md program?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I will be applying this cycle. I was wondering if anyone has heard back about the 3 year accelerated md program?
My understanding is that once you get accepted into the MD program, you can opt to apply for the 3 yr accelerated track. You must already have a clear interest in a particular specialty to qualify and do not qualify if you have applied to a joint degree program. (MD/MPH, MD/PhD, MD/JD, etc.)
You can send an email to the new director of admissions: Dr. Mayte Jaime Reyes ([email protected]) if you have any specific questions. She is very quick to answer emails.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: 1 users
And when I was filling it out, it was on a Qualtrics form, no less.
Game Of Thrones Drinking GIF by Sky

Looks like my journey is over boys. Catch me in FL for residency tho....I can't resist them palm trees 🌴

american psycho GIF

Pablo got the clip first....but dang, I'm too much of a stud to not get it too. Sandman out 🎤

Just curious, did anyone get completely ghosted by this school? Like I submitted a secondary and everything and never even got a rejection letter. Just kind of strange. Does anyone think they do yield protection extremely hard and would disregard a candidate with stats way above their range?

Reactions: 2 users
Just curious, did anyone get completely ghosted by this school? Like I submitted a secondary and everything and never even got a rejection letter. Just kind of strange. Does anyone think they do yield protection extremely hard and would disregard a candidate with stats way above their range?
Def do not yield protect

Don’t think they would yield protect. Their median mcat is 515 lol

Doubt it - I've heard of people with perfect grades and 524 MCAT getting in here. I get the sense their admissions office is somewhat understaffed this cycle and that that's why they've been running somewhat late and not taking updates. Admittedly, though, Miami has a reputation for ghosting people in previous cycles as well...

Reactions: 1 user
Doubt it - I've heard of people with perfect grades and 524 MCAT getting in here. I get the sense their admissions office is somewhat understaffed this cycle and that that's why they've been running somewhat late and not taking updates. Admittedly, though, Miami has a reputation for ghosting people in previous cycles as well...
Dr. Weisman, the former Dean of Admissions at Miller, retired May 2023 after 25 years there. He was very good at communicating with applicants. It has probably been a challenging transition in the admissions office since in addition to the new dean (Dr. Perry), the director of admissions, Mayte Jaime Reyes, is also new and the admissions manager, Ms. Arnose Byfield also joined the office last summer. Add to all these changes the fact that they had issues with the portal last August. I think these are the reasons for their delay this cycle and the tail end of last cycle.

+1, also confused as to why I paid the secondary fee for them to not even look at my app. My guess is the fumbled launch of their secondary portal and subsequent relaunch led to a portion of applications being lost. Not hopeful on any correspondence from them at this point given their dismal track record over this cycle.

Reactions: 2 users
yup, got ghosted so ima just assume they didnt want to interview me lol

I think Ive heard this school does ghost alot tho but who knows

As someone who is also being ghosted, I believe it's manipulative and predatory for schools to charge application fees without providing a clear timeline for communication and decisions. This is particularly concerning if the rumors of them losing applications are true, and some of our applications have never been reviewed. There should be federal regulations mandating transparent communication / admission decision practices for institutions that charge application fees, and non-adherence to these guidelines should result in students receiving reimbursements. If schools felt their revenue could be impacted, we'd likely see a swift improvement in communication standards.

Reactions: 9 users
I see, thank you everyone for responding. I was just trying to weigh if it is worth it to apply again if they are just going to ghost me lol. Honestly not super impressed because that's very unprofessional at best (if they just 'lost' the application or were going through staffing issues) or manipulative at worst. Maybe if last year was bad for them I will apply again and hope it's better.