2023-2024 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i think on your portal its the thing you do to consent to a background check -- if i remember right it should be in your things to do after you accept offer?
Hmmm I don't see anything in my things to do but I did accept the offer...

Members don't see this ad.

I also do not have anything else to do in my portal after accepting the offer. I think we are just waiting for a company to reach out regarding the background check in the next couple of weeks?

ah that was part of my question i guess, i haven't heard from a company yet either. i think the cori form is basically you consenting to it. sorry i dont remember exactly where the form was, but it was in the portal for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! For anyone who has already interviewed, are there any 1 on 1 convos with faculty or students outside of the standardized MMI sessions? Is it important to prepare specific questions about the school or is that more applicable to info sessions?
I think it'd be more helpful for you to prepare questions for the info sessions! The MMI sessions are pretty short and I spent about 95% of my time discussing the posed question (sometimes my interviewers would ask follow-up questions). The Q&A session allows you to be a lot more in-depth with your questioning; with the student-led Q&A session, no faculty are present and it was a great way for me to learn a lot more about their perspective on UMass :)

I think it'd be more helpful for you to prepare questions for the info sessions! The MMI sessions are pretty short and I spent about 95% of my time discussing the posed question (sometimes my interviewers would ask follow-up questions). The Q&A session allows you to be a lot more in-depth with your questioning; with the student-led Q&A session, no faculty are present and it was a great way for me to learn a lot more about their perspective on UMass :)
Thanks so much!!

Manifesting good luck for Friday tomorrow for everyone.. I just need one A :(

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Have any accepted students also still not yet received the CORI email? I got the A last Friday but still haven't heard anything about the background checks and am wondering if I should reach out to them about this

Anyone have a guess on the % of interview spots yet to be sent out? How likely are the chances to get a interview at this point?

Sending love to my homies who submitted around mid July (complete mid August) and have not heard a peep

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
anyone who interviewed in October got an A? :S

• Hmm
Sound of Silence is slowly becoming my favorite song since 8/15

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
OOS A!

For those who got the A, is it binding once you click "I Accept Admission" or do you still have to commit to the school later once the AMCAS commit deadline hits? I saw that there is a 2-week period to "accept admission." Just wondering because I am fortunate enough to be in the position to still be waiting to hear back from other schools and do not want to commit to anything just yet.