2023-2024 Massachusetts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I didn’t interview recently, but there should be 8 stations. But getting 8 working professionals/medical students’ schedules to align is difficult, so most schools that say 8 do end up with 7. Regardless, your lowest performing station is dropped. Realistically, most people only bomb 1 MMI section before they bounce back, so even if you end up with 6 stations it really doesn’t impact the average score you end up with.
Wait where did you get this information from? There was one station I thought I bombed at this school and it is stressing me out so hard -- you're positive the lowest one is dropped?

Members don't see this ad.

Wait where did you get this information from? There was one station I thought I bombed at this school and it is stressing me out so hard -- you're positive the lowest one is dropped?
I also recall the admissions officers saying this at my interview

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah they mentioned it during my interview. It’s also generally the policy at all MMI’s to drop the lowest score

just fyi it seems like the fb group for admitted students is live now

Does anyone know if anyone else has been waitlisted? I’m grateful for getting WL’d when so many r still waiting but it kinda makes me nervous that no one on here has reported getting WL’d besides me… I know I’m overthinking but just asking. Is it a bad look that I was WL’d so early?

Does anyone know if anyone else has been waitlisted? I’m grateful for getting WL’d when so many r still waiting but it kinda makes me nervous that no one on here has reported getting WL’d besides me… I know I’m overthinking but just asking. Is it a bad look that I was WL’d so early?
I mean who knows but I feel like that's probably better than hearing nothing

Any other accepted students able to fill out the UMass financial aid paperwork? I saw on the fin aid website that “Netparter” is still not open, but want to make sure i’m not missing anything.

Any other accepted students able to fill out the UMass financial aid paperwork? I saw on the fin aid website that “Netparter” is still not open, but want to make sure i’m not missing anything.
From the finaid website:

Due to the delay by the Department of Education in releasing FAFSA data to schools we are currently unable to open Netparter for the 2024-2025 academic year.

We ask for your patience as we explore alternative ways of opening the application process.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
haven’t heard anything from interview in late december. they said they would send news in late january. anyone know what to expect?

haven’t heard anything from interview in late december. they said they would send news in late january. anyone know what to expect?
They told you that? I've been waiting since August and they said by April

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I’ve been waiting since late October 😭

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I’ve been waiting since late October 😭
Would you happen to have interviewed on 10/24? That was my interview day and I have not seen anyone else post an acceptance from that day.

I just got accepted via email 10 min ago! Totally did not expect that! interviewed on 1/9

Reactions: 8 users
Would you happen to have interviewed on 10/24? That was my interview day and I have not seen anyone else post an acceptance from that day.
I couple of days later than you! I interviewed 10/26 for regular MD then 10/31 for PURCH.

Interviewed 1/26 (Regular MD), if 2/6 was their most recent A does that mean its probably an R or WL?

Interviewed 2/6 and got the A today! Really fast turn around (regular MD)
Congrats! How many stations did you have if you dont mind me askin? Just wondering if maybe you had less which lead to the quick decision.

For your own protection, do not tell us if you are OOS even if you are. All of us IS “strung along since august” are butt-hurting right now. Personally, I am happy for your success…many of us are just in our feelings rn lol

edit: It’s hard to secure the in-state interview and have the possibility of A dangled in front of you in like September or October. They say “we don’t do silent rejections” and then they are silent until April when they give you a cute WL or R. I definitely feel like an afterthought at this point. Why interview 600 IS at all if this is what happens?
Brother/sister/sibling, I understand your frustration.

In moments like these, I think it’s worth taking stock of your situation though — you already have secured an acceptance, and you will become a physician. The majority of our fellow applicants will not be able to say the same.

You will make the best of whatever situation you find yourself in, be it at UMass or elsewhere.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard back that interviewed 12/19 for MD and 1/9 for PURCH? Hoping that I still have a shot!

Also wanted to ask if anyone heard back that interviewed 10/26 for MD and 10/31 for PURCH?

I think that UMass does actually do soft rejections. I'm looking at the MD PhD thread from last few years and even if you interview early, it seems like you get your rejection in end of April. I could be wrong tho, if someone has gotten post-II rejection please correct me.

Hi everyone! I recently got accepted to UMass, I was wondering how long most people had to wait before getting the Criminal Background Check in their email?

anyone heard back from 1/5 or 1/9 interview dates?

OOS (technically, I am currently a resident ) II today! Wasn’t expecting this so late in the cycle!

Reactions: 2 users
Is there any difference between circuit 1 and circuit 2 when booking the interview?