2023-2024 Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences (Kansas City) KCU-COM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received tonight! 515| 3.92
Do you have a significant interest in DO for some reason? Otherwise you're pretty much a shoe-in for MD with those stats pending any crazy red flag

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah my pediatrician was a DO and she saved my life. My other pediatricians who were MD’s only have generic advice and never made me feel supported

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Pre II rejection! I'm surprised bc people with similar stats on here received IIs?? Should I reach out?

Reactions: 1 users
Pre II rejection! I'm surprised bc people with similar stats on here received IIs?? Should I reach out?
Sorry you weren't invited to proceed further in the application for this school, @texaninmed
They are unlikely to talk to you during an active application cycle to say why they turned you down, so if you know you were complete at this school then turn your attentions towards other schools you applied to.
You have lots of time and lots of other chances

• Care
havent heard a thing from KCU, submitted primary 6/3, OOS and 65.5 LM so idk sad

Reactions: 1 user

Please understand that people have different life experiences and professional experiences that contribute to their stats. For example, high quality publications can mean a lot to some schools and be meaningless to others.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how to troubleshoot the payment website? I have tried to pay for my secondary multiple times, but it's not working. It shows this message "{"type":"RFC 7231: Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP/1.1): Semantics and Content","title":"Unsupported Media Type","status":415,"traceId":"80005f52-0000-f800-b63f-84710c7967bb"}" or " We're sorry, no matching applicant was found with the given information."

I made the mistake of submitting my application when it was not finished because I submitted "OK" after I was writing down my information for the secondary application tab. Is there a way to revert this? I have more things to write and fix on my application.

• Wow
I made the mistake of submitting my application when it was not finished because I submitted "OK" after I was writing down my information for the secondary application tab. Is there a way to revert this? I have more things to write and fix on my application.
Slow it down @Firetypestarter !!

Luckily I filled out the essays. They were just not the "final versions". Two of the essays had no grammatical errors, but one of them had a couple.

Luckily I filled out the essays. They were just not the "final versions". Two of the essays had no grammatical errors, but one of them had a couple.

Email them, I made a similar mistake and they sent it back for me to finish, very responsive.

Does there seem to be a day of the week that KCU releases II’s or is it just sort of random?

Yeah I made a similar mistake, but it worked out after I called admissions.

Yeah I made a similar mistake, but it worked out after I called admissions.
They had a unique format for their secondary portal. I was used to transcribing my information and saving it so I could send the final product later, but now I know!

They had a unique format for their secondary portal. I was used to transcribing my information and saving it so I could send the final product later, but now I know!
Yeah I made this exact same mistake. I called them and they fixed it in about 10 minutes.

Yeah my pediatrician was a DO and she saved my life. My other pediatricians who were MD’s only have generic advice and never made me feel supported
season 6 GIF

Does anyone know if this school does MMI or is it more of a traditional interview?

Does anyone know if this school does MMI or is it more of a traditional interview?
There's an interview feedback link in the first post of every school thread on SDN - If you go read the notes there you can see what type of interview they use and what people have said about the whole process too

I revived an interview here but clearly recall selecting in person, but got an email saying virtual. Are the interviews all virtual for Kansas this year?

I revived an interview here but clearly recall selecting in person, but got an email saying virtual. Are the interviews all virtual for Kansas this year?
The confirmation email is incorrect, I emailed them and they told me if you selected in-person then it will definitely be in-person so just ignore the email location. They said they'll send an update closer to the interview date.

The confirmation email is incorrect, I emailed them and they told me if you selected in-person then it will definitely be in-person so just ignore the email location. They said they'll send an update closer to the interview date.
okay thank you.. scared the **** out of me … purchased plane tickets already

Is the confirmation date and time correct? It’s just the distinction between virtual and not that’s incorrect?

Is the confirmation date and time correct? It’s just the distinction between virtual and not that’s incorrect?
yeah the date and time should be correct, they just mentioned the location being incorrect.

i submitted KCU secondary 8 days when in their email it said to submit within 5 days.... am I screwed? they said they might withdraw if secondary not done within 10 days fml

i submitted KCU secondary 8 days when in their email it said to submit within 5 days.... am I screwed? they said they might withdraw if secondary not done within 10 days fml
same here turning it in on day 10 lol we'll see, unfortunately things happen when you have a job

How soon after paying with card did the portal recognize your fee as paid?

same here turning it in on day 10 lol we'll see, unfortunately things happen when you have a job
I submitted like a month after they sent me mine and got an interview so I wouldn’t worry too much!

received secondary OOS 6/17, 501 | 3.86