2023-2024 Houston (Fertitta)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
For those that pre-matched, was the email sent through the AMP portal or was it a separate address that sent it?
separate email - it doesn't look like the amp portal is updated in any way lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-matched! I was wondering if anyone can clarify what to do after a pre-match offer. Their email talks about how we will get credentials for UH in January- but is there anything now we need to do on our end to accept the offer, or just rank UH 1st? Thanks for any clarification
I was thinking the same. I mean we can't do anything until they give us more information. It would be nice to know if we need to pay a deposit to keep our pre-match offer though.

I was thinking the same. I mean we can't do anything until they give us more information. It would be nice to know if we need to pay a deposit to keep our pre-match offer though.
Very few schools in Texas have a deposit requirement. Every school should ask to confirm acceptance which is normal practice.

Members don't see this ad :)
For Texas Tech Lubbock, the $100 is due by October 29 and is also non-refundable so not sure what to do there.
If you have multiple prematches (I KNOW YOU HAVE 5!!!!!) you can decide to PAY or ignore/reject and focus on the other 4.

For anyone who has only one - better pay up.

My guess is Tech is being passive aggressive and trying to get people choose much earlier than match date when they have options and dont want to spend $100. It is lot better than the DO programs asking for $2000 with a 2 week deadline.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Can TMDSAS schools see all other (out of state) schools you interview at, or only other TMDSAS schools? Also, anyone know if they've sent more prematches since Sunday?

So TMDSAS schools can see if I’ve interviewed at other TMDSAS schools and which those schools are? I had no clue it was like that!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS A. Y’all, I had just got to the gym with my mom and started screaming/crying/shaking. Needless to say it’s been a great workout! 🥹💖🫶

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Dangggg do you know if schools can see letters of intent/update letters we sent to other schools? Bc that’s kinda terrifying tbh

Dangggg do you know if schools can see letters of intent/update letters we sent to other schools? Bc that’s kinda terrifying tbh
No those communications stay in the files of the individual schools and are not visible in the common TMDSAS portal the schools use.
No school can see other schools’ secondary essays either.

No those communications stay in the files of the individual schools and are not visible in the common TMDSAS portal the schools use.
No school can see other schools’ secondary essays either.

Thank goodness

Haha I wonder if they all think they’re your favorite..,

LOL ikr that’s why I asked 🥲🥲 if they can interview so many ppl why can’t we show interest in multiple schools esp after paying sm much

@wysdoc do schools usually send pre-matches and OOS A's on the same day? Basically, I'm asking if we should assume another batch of pre-matches was sent yesterday, or there's no way of telling?

@wysdoc do schools usually send pre-matches and OOS A's on the same day? Basically, I'm asking if we should assume another batch of pre-matches was sent yesterday, or there's no way of telling?
I think they do send both kinds on the same day, usually once a month or so after a meeting to discuss.
We are a small but loyal bunch of Texans here on SDN and I share what people post but I don’t have inside scoops from the schools.

Reactions: 1 users
I think the TMDSAS schools can see if you have offers as well. It doesn’t seem to impede some superstars from getting multiple offers, and also remember you are free to rank your interviewed schools in any order you wish.

If “you assume that they know” how will this change your behavior?
1. You will be honest if an interviewer asks if you have had other interviews
2. You still don’t have to waste precious minutes of your interview talking about other schools, but segue the conversation back to what their school has to offer.

A person here received 5 prematches, none in overlapping timeframe over a one week period. The schools should have been able to see each one if they cared about whether they had a prematch before issuing their own.

Not sure why it would matter to a school where someone has a prematch, only whether they would like to have that person. If they want them badly, they will give a nice big scholarship too.

Pre-matched! I was wondering if anyone can clarify what to do after a pre-match offer. Their email talks about how we will get credentials for UH in January- but is there anything now we need to do on our end to accept the offer, or just rank UH 1st? Thanks for any clarification
I was wondering the same thing. I saw wysdoc's response to this question, but did you get any clarification from UH?

I was wondering the same thing. I saw wysdoc's response to this question, but did you get any clarification from UH?
If you doubt my answer please contact the school, and read every line of emails they send you to see what they ask of you.
I believe at this point an affirmative reply to their prematch offer email is sufficient.

If you doubt my answer please contact the school, and read every line of emails they send you to see what they ask of you.
I believe at this point an affirmative reply to their prematch offer email is sufficient.

This is correct! I emailed the school with a thank you for the offer! They responded and said to be on the lookout for future emails with more information with links to groupme, and a possible discord server with current students to ask questions! Thank you, wysdoc for always answering our questions!

Anyone know how many people they are interviewing this cycle?

Just dropped my Halloween interview slot. Wanted to drop that here just in case someone wanted to maybe take an earlier slot! Best of luck!

Prematched at 4:29 p.m. CST!!!! This is one of the best days of my life! I never have to take the MCAT again :love:

Complete 08/01, interviewed 10/03

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 7 users
What’s the CougarMed Admissions Connect Series? Are we required to attend?

do y’all think if i eat at rainforest cafe or a landrys every day i can get an ii :’(

• Haha
Can anyone tell me what the typical turnaround is for interview after a secondary?

Can anyone tell me what the typical turnaround is for interview after a secondary?
I had a buddy who literally got an interview the day after submission, and people who submitted first day and got interviews later in the cycle. No way to tell