2023-2024 Einstein

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello! Interviewed mid December, didn't hear back on Feb 1st- just wondering from past waves if I should be expecting to hear anything back soon
Last year was 2/16 so any day now

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an email saying Einstein is in "rolling admissions status" and "if you would like to remain on our wait list check the box" does anyone have insight into Einstein's acceptance process or is this truly a waitlist? The email doesn't clarify what it means

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an email saying Einstein is in "rolling admissions status" and "if you would like to remain on our wait list check the box" does anyone have insight into Einstein's acceptance process or is this truly a waitlist? The email doesn't clarify what it means
Just received this email as well - I assume this is the HPWL?

Got the "rolling admissions"/waitlist email this morning, interviewed mid-Jan! Sorry if this has already been shared, but does anyone know the difference between HPWL and WL? I am a little confused here!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone actually get in the webpage link in the email? Mine says AMCAS ID not found

Did anyone who interviewed January 30th hear back? I see that some people above said late January but wanted to check if my date came out yet lol.

Got the "rolling admissions"/waitlist email this morning, interviewed mid-Jan! Sorry if this has already been shared, but does anyone know the difference between HPWL and WL? I am a little confused here!

Did you get waitlisted on Feb 1st or is this the first and only waitlist email you’ve received? Trying to figure out if getting a regular waitlist on Feb 1st means no chance of moving into the HPWL

This was in last year's thread:

"Current M1 - Congrats to everyone accepted! You'll hear more about an accepted students chat via email.

For reference, I interviewed in December and did not hear back on Feb 1st, so don't get worried if you're in the same boat.

When it comes to waitlists, etc here's what I will say. For the "normal waitlist" people (should be obvious, the email will say waitlist in the subject line), generally Einstein doesn't have much movement. Don't lose hope but generally speaking that's just the unfortunate reality.

However, there is the so-called HPWL - this will be vague and you'll get an email with something like "Rolling Admissions" in the subject line and they ask you to email someone from admissions indicating your interest. This is an extremely good sign and I believe roughly 1/3rd to 1/2 of the admitted class comes off this list, but you'll have to be patient and also nothing is guaranteed. Last year the A wave from this list wasn't until May."

Did you get waitlisted on Feb 1st or is this the first and only waitlist email you’ve received? Trying to figure out if getting a regular waitlist on Feb 1st means no chance of moving into the HPWL
this is the only email i received; my interview wasn't until january 16th, so i didn't expect to hear anything on feb 1!

Can anyone actually get in the webpage link in the email? Mine says AMCAS ID not found
+1 for the Rolling Admissions/HPWL email from Jan interview. I also had trouble logging into the webpage and contacted admissions about it.

Last edited:
Does anyone have an estimate on how many people get off the HPWL and how many people get off the regular WL each year?

Not sure if this has been asked but if there any opportunity to transfer from the MD to the MD-PhD program following matriculation?
It's possible, but not trivial. The bar is higher and you would need to secure your own funding.

It's possible, but not trivial. The bar is higher and you would need to secure your own funding.
So if I were to transfer into the MD-PhD program following matriculation I would still have to pay tuition and on top of that get funding during my research years?

1708956620245.jpeg

NYTimes

Suddenly I regret turning down my II here lol congrats y'all!! <3333

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
From probation to free tuition. Congrats everyone, this is a huge opportunity.

Reactions: 6 users
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users
Just asked a current MD student there, they got the email this morning about it!!

Reactions: 1 users
This is truly the strongest case for why attend every II and hold onto each acceptance until AAMC deadlines.

Reactions: 28 users
This is truly the strongest case for why attend every II and hold onto each acceptance until AAMC deadlines.
And exactly why I’m questioning every life decision after declining an II. Congrats everyone! I’m very happy for you guys but undeniably very jealous

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Do we think the waitlist movement this year is going to be negligible now?

From probation to free tuition. Congrats everyone, this is a huge opportunity.
The issues leading to probation would still need to be rectified, has anyone presently attending this school heard updates on the status or when LCME will re-evaluate?

This is actually insane my interview isn’t until April 😔. Probably won’t be spots then.

The issues leading to probation would still need to be rectified, has anyone presently attending this school heard updates on the status or when LCME will re-evaluate?
Action plan was presented to LCME in November. Formal final evaluation January '25.

do we think Einstein will follow a similar prestige trajectory like NYU did after it went free?

Reactions: 4 users
with an interview today i am SHAKING IN MY BOOTS NOW. send good vibes but maybe they only have WL spots open now LOL

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 10 users