2023-2024 Chicago Med (Rosalind Franklin)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Found out I got pre-II R'd this cycle through their BMS program ad email. No official email or update to the status portal.

"Thank you, again, for your interest in the Chicago Medical School (CMS) at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFU). Although we were unable to admit you to the Allopathic Medicine program at this time, we believe your credentials are a strong match for our Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (BMS) program, which is currently accepting applications for a fall 2024 start."

+1, very confused at first

Members don't see this ad.

+1, very confused at first

+2 super weird

subject line …

“Guaranteed Medical School Interview w/ RFU's BMS Program”

i mean seriously they have to have thought this through a little better it’s odd

Reactions: 1 user
Found out I got pre-II R'd this cycle through their BMS program ad email. No official email or update to the status portal.

"Thank you, again, for your interest in the Chicago Medical School (CMS) at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science (RFU). Although we were unable to admit you to the Allopathic Medicine program at this time, we believe your credentials are a strong match for our Master of Science in Biomedical Sciences (BMS) program, which is currently accepting applications for a fall 2024 start."
I received the same email, but I received my rejection email on 1/11. lol. the audacity.

Members don't see this ad :)

SAME LMFAO, school giving scam vibes with the way they run their process. You deserve better I promise, no L’s here.

Reactions: 1 users

I got the same email and I’m still confused. Logged into my portal and didn’t find any Pre II R. I emailed my admissions counselor to ask and she simply responded to check my application portal. But there’s nothing there??? This is a very strange way to reject someone, and with their history of click-bait emails I’m not sure what to believe.

I got the same email and I’m still confused. Logged into my portal and didn’t find any Pre II R. I emailed my admissions counselor to ask and she simply responded to check my application portal. But there’s nothing there??? This is a very strange way to reject someone, and with their history of click-bait emails I’m not sure what to believe.
Same situation here. Is it for sure a rejection? If so, that's a ****ty way to communicate it

That’s how you know they’re not worth your time, genuinely disrespectful behavior by a school that clearly doesn’t have their sh** together.

Reactions: 5 users
OOS II!!!! screaming crying throwing up

edit: complete 8/17

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
OOS II, finally one that’s not “YOU’RE INVITED TO OUR OPEN HOUSE”

i had to do a double take LOL

Reactions: 4 users
also not seeing where to schedule it on RFUconnect, should I email them?

High key predatory behavior from this school, and they can’t even properly communicate rejections. Who is to say you do the masters get a “guaranteed” II and they still reject you lmao

Reactions: 2 users
OOS II. I logged onto the portal but I wasn't able to find where to schedule an interview. Also does anyone have any advice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Bruh they dropping iis left and right but no decisions

• Haha
I'm calling their office rn to see what's going on. This better not be a prank

• Haha
OOS II today 1/19/2024! Secondary submitted on 7/10/23

Sigh, submitted 7/19 and still radio silence. I wonder if they’re sending pre-II Rs and interviews in batches. Anyone else in similar position?

I also got an OOS II, complete in mid July. I can’t see anywhere to schedule. I have a bad feeling about and it seems kinda fishy. Sorta feeling like it could be a mistake

I think given the amount of people posting about II I think this is a glitch.

Sigh, submitted 7/19 and still radio silence. I wonder if they’re sending pre-II Rs and interviews in batches. Anyone else in similar position?
submitted 7/5 and silent here too.

from what I’m seeing I bet we could just show up in the fall and tell them they accepted us and they might believe us

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Did anyone else ask them about the guaranteed interview/rejection email? Still no change to my portal

Seems like they resolved the portal thing. I saw interview dates all the way through late March

Wait does anyone have a link to the portal? I can’t find it in my emails

OOS II, complete 7/3

All slots for January and February were filled so I registered for an early March slot

Same absolute silence. At this point, I just wanna be notified of my status. I’m so tired.

just got my pre Ii rejection following the other email. i get it there are a lot of applicants but accidentally sending that one first was bit disrespectful imo

Reactions: 3 users
just got my pre Ii rejection following the other email. i get it there are a lot of applicants but accidentally sending that one first was bit disrespectful imo

Same boat, quicker to send their ad than the official decision

Yup. Just for the official rejection after seeing the ad email an hour prior. Really distasteful and plays on people’s nerves.

Yup. Just for the official rejection after seeing the ad email an hour prior. Really distasteful and plays on people’s nerves.
+1. Wouldn't be so bad if the subject line wasn't so clickbaity