Zach Perez MCAT Prep - 99th percentile scorer, 15+ years experience - tutoring, application review, mock interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ziggity

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I graduated from MIT with a degree in chemistry, specializing in organic, and got a law degree from Georgetown. I decided to go back to medical school a few years ago, and I completed a postbac at the Harvard Extension School. I scored in the 99th percentile on my MCAT. I've been tutoring now for over fifteen years, formerly with a major test prep company, and now on my own. I do online tutoring and can provide references upon request.

My tutoring style focuses on helping you get the most out of your studying hours. The MCAT is not an easy exam, but it is formulaic and therefore simpler than most people make it out to be. Here are some of my techniques:

1) Don't study more than what the test covers
The MCAT doesn't test physics. It tests MCAT physics, which is a limited subset of the subject. Major test companies teach you way too much material. Then they offer convoluted practice questions that are too difficult and don't accurately simulate the actual test. Don't waste your time learning irrelevant topics and skills. Focus only on what you need to know so that you can learn the material REALLY WELL and boost your score.

2) Learn the tricks of the test
Because the MCAT is standardized, it follows a general pattern. We'll identify common topics, equations, math techniques, trick questions, and trap answers. Be prepared to see them on the test and score easy points.

3) Learn the material so well you can teach it
Another mistake students often make is they *think* they understand the material, but they lack a thorough understanding. I'll test your knowledge until you understand the material so well you can explain it to me. Once you get to this point, you'll be ready for the exam.

My sessions usually last 1.5 hours. You can do as many or as few sessions as you need, but you can expect around 25 sessions or so to cover all topics and work on problems together. If you're interested, send me an email at [email protected] and we can talk more about your needs. I also do application review and mock interviews. Check out my site zachperez.com for more.

Hope to hear from you, and best of luck!

-Zach

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey all,

Summer MCAT season is here, and I'm looking to take one or two more students this term. If you'd like to see what my prep sessions are like, send me an email at [email protected]. Your first session is free!

-Zach