WVSOM Discussion Thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So today I sent an email to the admissions department to ask why I had not yet received a status page ID and login. Well, to my surprise I got an email back, a forward to another admissions rep, to resend my pin becuase it was sent on 8/12 and I never received it! I think this is so strange, I never received any sort of email from WVSOM, even in my spam.

Members don't see this ad.

So today I sent an email to the admissions department to ask why I had not yet received a status page ID and login. Well, to my surprise I got an email back, a forward to another admissions rep, to resend my pin becuase it was sent on 8/12 and I never received it! I think this is so strange, I never received any sort of email from WVSOM, even in my spam.

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble. Call Annette or Angie both are super nice and will help you in anyway possible. If you're having trouble still I wouldn't hesitate to call.

I had the exact same problem. I called them and they gave me the login info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know how the panel interviews work here? It seems for this school they have 3 interviewers, but also multiple interviewees in the room. How does this work? Do they just go around the room asking different questions to different people?

Correct by stating three interviewers, but incorrect on the multiple interviewees. I interviewed on the 3rd of september, and only one interviewee at a time. Each of the interviewees were present in the lobby and talked casually before being called back individually.

As far as I know it's just you and about 3 interviewers.

Does anyone know, after an interview, how long can they take to make a decision? Will you definitely get one relatively soon afterward or can they keep you on hold for a while waiting to decide?

As far as I know it's just you and about 3 interviewers.

Yes. You wait in the lobby and are called one by one. You will be alone and interviewed by 3 people. I had a DO, PhD and the Admissions Director.

Does anyone know, after an interview, how long can they take to make a decision? Will you definitely get one relatively soon afterward or can they keep you on hold for a while waiting to decide?

I interviewed on 9/3 and found out on 9/9. It may take longer though as we were the first group. The committee meets every Tuesday. Angie insinuated that as they continue to interview, the turn around time goes up. Goodluck!

does VWSOM accept out of state students?

My status says decision pending... what does that mean? Am I on hold for fall grades?

My status says decision pending... what does that mean? Am I on hold for fall grades?

Mine says decision deferred, Angie in admissions said they reviewed my app but deferred because they were waiting for my sceond MCAT scores......I don't realy know what either means, maybe pending is that they have reviewed your file or are in the process of making a decision, just a guess though

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine says decision deferred, Angie in admissions said they reviewed my app but deferred because they were waiting for my sceond MCAT scores......I don't realy know what either means, maybe pending is that they have reviewed your file or are in the process of making a decision, just a guess though

Thanks, I wish I had checked the page a little earlier in the day I think their office is probably closed now so I can't call them and ask. I guess I will have to wait until next week. :(

Thanks, I wish I had checked the page a little earlier in the day I think their office is probably closed now so I can't call them and ask. I guess I will have to wait until next week. :(

I've had that "decision pending" message for a while now too.

They are really good on updating things as soon as they are completed. I'd imagine if you call..... you won't find out anything more than whats on your checklist so don't worry. Angie is very helpful.

I just found out that I got in!! YAY!

I also just found out I got in:). First acceptance im so thrilled. If anyone has any questions on the interview process ask me and ill try to help. It has been mentioned on here a couple of times and is very true... angie and annette in admissions are very helpful and probable some of the nicest people I have ever meet. Gluck to all who are interviewing

My status page says:

Accept Applicant

Seems a little ambiguous, any people that were accepted can you confirm or deny that this is their acceptance message?

My status page says:

Accept Applicant

Seems a little ambiguous, any people that were accepted can you confirm or deny that this is their acceptance message?

Welcome to the class of 2013, you're accepted!

My status page says:

Accept Applicant

Haha I was thinking the same thing when I saw that listed as my status. When I saw the deposit info down below I was sure that I got accepted. Go Class of 2013!

BTW, does anyone know when the $2000 deposit is due?

supra,
i think the deposit is due in march. it says that on the website under the accept applicant portion of the page. I have heard though that middle of December is the date to put a deposit in place. I will probably call Angie tomorrow and see what the exact story is. ill post when i figure it out

congrats again

supra,
i think the deposit is due in march. it says that on the website under the accept applicant portion of the page. I have heard though that middle of December is the date to put a deposit in place. I will probably call Angie tomorrow and see what the exact story is. ill post when i figure it out

congrats again

Hmm, I read the deposit info below but I interpreted it as the 2k deposit is due (doesn't indicate when) and the 1k deposit is due by March 15. This is what is posted:

Deposit Information

Deposit One non-refundable deposit of $2,000 plus a second non-refundable deposit of $1,000 by March 15 or two weeks after the first deposit if accepted after March 1.

Either way I'll give Angie a call also and post when I find out.

Ok, so I called Angie and the first deposit of 2k is due by Dec. 15th or somewhere close to that date. She said it will all be explained in the official acceptance letter that you should be receiving in the mail.

Ok, so I called Angie and the first deposit of 2k is due by Dec. 15th or somewhere close to that date. She said it will all be explained in the official acceptance letter that you should be receiving in the mail.

Correct if accepted prior to Nov 14th.

Just found out I was accepted yesterday! I'll be withdrawing my other interviews for this school. =) Finally made it.

To everyone who is interviewing, let me join Student Doctor Webb and say GOOD LUCK! The school has been a wonderful fit for me (an instate SBL student), and I would emphasize that there is a very strong sense of community and seeing everyone succeed here. Let me add again something you'll see often in your interview process, call or e-mail Angie or Annette if you need help with anything. They will cradle you through a process that can sometimes feel very demeaning. Their attitude is VERY representative of the excitement and committment of the staff in general once you arive here.

If you have any questions for me about anything good or bad, I would be happy to give you my honest opinion, just send me a private message.

To everyone who is interviewing, let me join Student Doctor Webb and say GOOD LUCK! The school has been a wonderful fit for me (an instate SBL student), and I would emphasize that there is a very strong sense of community and seeing everyone succeed here. Let me add again something you'll see often in your interview process, call or e-mail Angie or Annette if you need help with anything. They will cradle you through a process that can sometimes feel very demeaning. Their attitude is VERY representative of the excitement and committment of the staff in general once you arive here.

If you have any questions for me about anything good or bad, I would be happy to give you my honest opinion, just send me a private message.

I agree! Too bad all the adcoms aren't like Annette and Angie. Although I have to say most of the adcoms at other schools have been fairly kind..with a few exceptions. I even hugged Angie when our interview/tour was over!

I agree! Too bad all the adcoms aren't like Annette and Angie. Although I have to say most of the adcoms at other schools have been fairly kind..with a few exceptions. I even hugged Angie when our interview/tour was over!

I got a hug too! Haha.

I loved my visit to this school. I am still undecided about where I will go because I want to visit the other schools I got interviews at to compare...however, after my WVSOM acceptance, I was able to cancel two interviews at schools that I know wouldn't be better for me than WVSOM.

I wish they would randomly give me in-state tuition, though. That'd be nice.

I got a hug too! Haha.

I loved my visit to this school. I am still undecided about where I will go because I want to visit the other schools I got interviews at to compare...however, after my WVSOM acceptance, I was able to cancel two interviews at schools that I know wouldn't be better for me than WVSOM.

I wish they would randomly give me in-state tuition, though. That'd be nice.

Which 2 did you end up canceling? I canceled LMU-DCOM and RVUCOM after my WVSOM acceptance :D

Ok so I just got invited for an interview at WVSOM and I am really excited!!! But I have no clue how to get there and the admissions office is closed. I will be coming in from Michigan probably the Detroit Metro Airport. What is the closest airport I should try to fly into? Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks!

Closest airport is just a few miles away. Search for Greenbrier, airport code LWB.

Hello,

How long does did it take for most to get an interview invite/supplementary apps? For me it's been 10 days today that I got the email saying they received my app. Is this normal or should I inquire? I get the "decision pending" message when I log in. Thank you!

I got my interview invite one day after the email confirmation of receipt of application (may not be the same for all though). If you status is "decision pending" I guess your application is on hold for further review. I would go ahead and call admissions to get further explanation of the ordeal, they should be more than happy to answer any questions.

Hello,

How long does did it take for most to get an interview invite/supplementary apps? For me it's been 10 days today that I got the email saying they received my app. Is this normal or should I inquire? I get the "decision pending" message when I log in. Thank you!

I received mine about 1-2 weeks after I received the email. I called them just to make sure they had my app. and were processing it. Some people I know received their invite/supplemental one day later. It doesn't mean they are more competitive or anything, I think it is just how they are processing things in the office. Also, if there are any questions on interviews, post 'em! My interview on the 19th of Sept. went very well. They have a nice campus, but you PAY for what you get (so they keep telling us). Anyways, good luck on the interview process.

They have a nice campus, but you PAY for what you get (so they keep telling us). Anyways, good luck on the interview process.

Haha, yes I do have to admit that their facilities are very nice. I just hope they pour the money into rotation spots now that the last building will be done for fall 09.

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could PLEASE post up the secondary prompt from WVSOM...
I would so greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could PLEASE post up the secondary prompt from WVSOM...
I would so greatly appreciate it.
Thanks!

You got it.

Please state your reasons for wishing to become an Osteopathic Physician and why you feel WVSOM should consider you as a member of this year’s class.

Thank you so much!

Also one more thing.... is there a limit of how much we can write?

You got it.

Please state your reasons for wishing to become an Osteopathic Physician and why you feel WVSOM should consider you as a member of this year's class.

Hello,

It took me a little over a month to hear anything. I received my interview invitation 9/19 and I am interviewing on 10/15! Very excited :)

It took me a little over a month to hear anything. I received my interview invitation 9/19 and I am interviewing on 10/15! Very excited :)

Goodluck!

So who will be attending the school next year? I withdrew my other interviews, so I am definitely going to WVSOM. Just want to know who my future classmates will be =)

I just found out today I was accepted at WVSOM. I interviewed last Friday. I am so relieved to actually have some place to go next year. This school is so much more on top of their paperwork than the other schools. Angie and Annette are absolute sweet hearts. I was a nervous wreck all day today and was not productive at all at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.