Wreb question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drhouston

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
ARGH! so i lost three points in perio today since my initial submission was rejected. Does that mean the most I can get is 7/10. if so, then i basically failed, right? Is it a big deal?

Members don't see this ad.

drhouston said:
ARGH! so i lost three points in perio today since my initial submission was rejected. Does that mean the most I can get is 7/10. if so, then i basically failed, right? Is it a big deal?

That's a good question. I have never thought of it as only receiving 7/10 points and you failing. However, it does make sense to be that way. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it though. You can definitely make up for it on other sections. You haven't failed WREB in any way so keep on going, kick booty tomorrow and Sunday, and you will be great.

Good luck!

drhouston said:

Review your candidate guide book. That should tell you how the points are deducted. They may be deducted from your overall score, or some other way, methinks. Good luck!

ItsGavinC said:
Review your candidate guide book. That should tell you how the points are deducted. They may be deducted from your overall score, or some other way, methinks. Good luck!

The points are definitely deducted from the overall periodontal score. You may have gotten less than 75% on perio, but that won't cause you to fail the entire exam. I hope that clarifies a little more.